Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Celeste Bath Salts

CELESTE: HER BATH
Vanilla-infused honey and saffron.

This is a fabulous counter point to the Celeste perfume- clearly great for layering with her oil, but a stand-alone as well.

Without the orris of her perfume, Celeste's bath is sparse, stripped down to her essence. The bath is also sweeter, lacking the dryness the orris gives as counter-balance in the perfume. I could therefore going either way in terms of scent layering after-bath with this: pick a sweet and creamy number like Love's Philosophy or MB:Underpants (the latter having the saffron note in common, the former great for amping the cream) OR you can pair it with something dry or earthy, I'm thinking that putting on Penny Dreadful or Chant D'Autumn wouldn't be out of line here. If you adore the strong notes like vetiver or graveyard dirt, I could see those being just gorgeous on top of this, for sure.

I predict this to be *very* popular, indeed.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

ETA: The above review was entirely about the scent and the makeup of notes therein. but to be fair, I hadn't yet included anything about the bath experience itself. Now, I adore the BPAL bath oils. But they *do* tend to leave a very heavy, oily film on my skin, which is why I use them more frequently as a body oil or leave-in hair conditioner. So I thought that perhaps, by contrast, the salts would be somewhat drying. They're not. In fact, they're the perfect amount of moisturizing I want for my skin. the amount of scent left behind after towel drying is definitely less than with the bath oils. and if that's important to you, you might want to spike your bath water with a little extra perfume. but I find that this actually gives the salts a bit more versatility in terms of when I can use them. I had a hard belly dancing lesson that left me very sore. A bath with Celeste this evening loosened me up in all the right ways- enough so that I'm considering getting a backup pouch for when my current one runs out! :wub2: Edited by VioletChaos

These smell a lot like the perfume oil, only less complex (but in a good way). The bath salts are all rich vanillary saffron goodness. I threw in 3.5 small handfuls and had a lovely scented bath.

The grains themselves are very large and they were slightly uncomfortable to sit in for the first few minutes until they dissolved. I barely noticed; I was in olfactory heaven.

This was the first BPTP bath product I've ever used, and I do believe this is going to be a terrible, wonderful addiction.

The packaging, as others have mentioned, was not ideal as the oil is very prone to finding places to leak out of.

These left my skin soft and very scented. Definitely a really great product. I suspect I'll get 4 baths out of the bag.

I noticed the bag was not as full as my other bath salts bags. As I went to pour stright from the bag to the tub, a lot more came out than I had intended, at least half the bag. Sadly, even with as much as what got in the tub, the smell was very pretty but not very strong at all. Barely smelled it on me when I got out. :( Smelled a lot like Love's Philosophy to me too.

Funny. In the bag, this smells almost exactly like the perfume oil to me. I think the salts are a little warmer and spicier, but very similar.

Wow, these salts are pretty amazing! I can smell the scent even wrapped up several times in baggies and tape, it is that strong! I get a musky, sweet vanilla with a touch of inobstrusive spice. In the bath, I used 2 tablespoons, and I don't think that it was quite enough. I smelled the salts in the air afterwards, but very little on my skin. I actually took a bit of oil from the salts and rubbed it directly onto my skin. YUM! This is not your typical foody scent, kind of Undperpants-like, kind of Antique lacey, but Celeste is unique in her own way. I'm hoping that the perfume will be just like this or very similar. I'll certainly save the salts for special occasions, though!

This is the first BPTP bath item I had purchased and it totally sent me into a frenzy, I HAVE to buy more of this, its achingly beautiful!!

Its all toasty vanilla and saffron. Nothing more. At first, I got some plastic notes but I think it was actually the plastic since it arrived warm. It makes such a delicious bath concoction and I was STUNNED at how long it lasts... I don't shower every day and I can smell this on me and anything I touch for days. Its long-lasting without being overwhelming.

Gunna get the Celeste perfume, too!!

Celeste Bath Salts

The scent: CAKE BATTER. Pure and simple. This smells like I’ve bathed in a vat of vanilla cake batter. There isn’t much of a butter note but it is a creamy, sugary, incredibly rich and gourmand vanilla. There is a tiny hint of Playdoh to it but it’s not distracting. I don’t smell much of the honey other than a tiny bit of a lovely milky honey or nougat note (I think it’s the same honey from Dana O’Shee) and I really like the hint of spicy warmth from the saffron. But really and truly, this is cake batter. (If I had a boyfriend, he’d probably be licking me!) I was a little apprehensive at first because it smells a tiny bit plastic in the bag, but that goes once it hits the water. I must admit I do prefer the complex, deep and nuanced vanilla in the perfume, but as a bath scent, this is perfection.

I received my Celeste bath salts a few days ago and immediately had to take a bath with them. OMG does this smell amazing. The scent from the salts was so powerful, that 48+ hours after my bath, the bathroom still smelt strongly of Celeste. :heart: I am in a pure state of bliss every time I walk in there. The salts smell very much like the perfume oil, a rich and creamy vanilla with the warm spice of saffron. This does not feel foody at all. In the bag, it is more about the honey and vanilla. But once in the water, the saffron steps forward and begins to sing, and meld harmoniously with the vanilla. :thud: After the bath, my skin is left with a very soft vanilla and a light saffron that appears to be honeyed. As for the salts themselves, they are very moisturizing, I don't need any lotion after my bath. It is not at all heavy, and absorbs well into the skin and doesn't leave me feeling really greasy. And like others have mentioned, most of the the salt dissolves quickly in the warm water, save for the larger grains. All in all, I am completely in love with these salts, and I am so glad I bought them. :wub:

Beautiful. It smells like honey and saffron... I love it. I just wish this came in more attractive packaging. At least in a plastic tube or something? The plastic bag was insultingly unattractive and inconvenient, especially for the price!

I wish that I got the cake batter and vanilla from this that other people have mentioned, but this smells like pure honey to my nose, and I'm not a huge fan of honey. I find it to be too sweet and simple. It doesn't really smell like Celeste to me, but is almost identical to Possets' The Girls Love Vanilla (which is also all too sweet honey and no vanilla to me).

In the bath, this doesn't have as much fragrance as the Kitty salts (which, in this case, I guess is a good thing). It smells lightly of cloying honey and something like dust :/. I wish I'd just gotten two bags of the Kitty salts instead of the Celeste ones.

Still, I'll use these, because I do like the formula of the salts. I can't really use the bptp bath oils, because they're so heavy that they make my skin feel oily and gross (and then I break out in hives), but these salts are very moisturizing without being *too much.* I hope that the Trading Post has some more salts for sale in the future. (and more scrubs! lol) ^_^

I took a bath with Celeste tonight, some two years after receiving her. I'm still inhaling saffron vanilla wafting off all parts of my skin an hour later.

I used a good bit of the bag of Celeste, plus spiked it with pink Himalayan salt of my own, which turned into an amazing combination to do some fantastic exfoliating in. Perfect amount of moisture restored thereafter—softness everywhere.

Amazing. I'm really glad I hung onto these.

I'm actually fairly enjoying the bath salts. It is vanilla and saffron, and just a touch of floral honey.

You do however need a fair amount to scent the water, but I think that the Courtesan bath salts in general needed a generous portion for what can be achieved with a little bit of bath oil.