Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

French vanilla, tot house orchids, strawberries, white sandalwood, bergamot, and honey.

Sniff: Sweet vanilla cake!

Wet: Sweet vanilla cake...with strawberry frosting!

Dry: Now I'm getting a more floral, slightly spicy sweet with creamy vanilla undertones. I was afraid this would have that "plastic" red fruit smell, as some others are getting, but Kitty seems to be behaving herself on my skin. I feel Kitty and Celeste are vanilla sisters; Kitty is the bright, sugary, energetic one who walks up to her man and kisses him teasingly in front of his friends, while Celeste bats her lashes from the corner and lures her man into an empty room. Edited by mistressfizz

This is pink frosted vanilla/strawberry cake. Similar to the cake in Lilith's Tea Party, without the florals and rosewater. I can also say it's like a lighter, tarter version of Closet, but with strawberry instead of blackberry and white cake instead of red velvet. There is a bit of a plastic smell when it's dry if I sniff closely, but it has a nice foody sandalwood finish.

I love strawberry and this is pretty, but can be a little cloying. It seems the only BPAL with strawberry that works on me is Loli.Goth. :cry2:

in the bottle: Strawberry cake

wet on the skin: Strawberry cake. Unfortunately, the BPAL cake note has never liked me much, luckily it gets drowned out by strawberry very quickly, except...

drydown: Slightly fake strawberry. I never get any bergamot out of this, nor any sandalwood. I get a hint of vanilla and honey, but just enough to make it sweet. I can smell the orchids up close, but the throw is all slightly cloying strawberry.

I might let this age awhile, in the hopes that the vanilla and honey will become a little more prominent, but right now Kitty is the kind of berry scent that reminds me of scented erasers I had as a kid, and when people smell me, they think it's the tea in my mug, and not my perfume. I usually like BPAL's strawberry scents, but I think this might be my least fave so far.

3/5

This is all strawberry and vanilla sweetness on first application, but it's quickly complexified by the sandalwood--a neat combination! There's a hint of florals, but they're faint on me--not super-orchidy. Over time, this becomes a tea-like strawberry sweetness. Yum!

I tried this at a Meet and Sniff and fell in love with it. It reminded me a lot of my long lost Strawberry Moon and Pink Moon. I've been wearing it for two days now and.... it's beautiful. More beautiful for the first two hours than later on, but still nice. Honeyed strawberries underscored by that base BPAL note is how it comes on, but the sweetness eventually recedes and the sandalwood comes to the fore for a more incense-y scent. Still very pretty, though, and I can tell it will be my favorite scent this summer.

I really like this one on my sister. Here is her review:

BOTTLE: Sweet. Citrusy. Green.

WET: Smells like strawberries and ... tastes like vanilla. I can kind of smell cedar. You know, it reminds me of those strawberry pine trees in Flagstaff, after a rain. How weird.

DRY: Strawberries and vanilla. I imagine this is what Strawberry Shortcake would smell like. You know, the character. The weird thing is, on one side of my wrist, it's strawberries. On the other? It's sandalwood. Strawberry, sandalwood. Strawberry, sandalwood. Weird.

Edited by virusq

On me, my body amps the honey SO MUCH and the drydown is pretty much a honeycomb candle. Nothing bad with that, just a little bit plain considering all the components.

In the bottle, Kitty's a punch of strawberry flavored fruit snacks. I was worried, since that reminded me of Strawberry Moon, which disappeared on my skin literally within minutes of application. But I am very pleased to report that Kitty doesn't disappear! When wet, Kitty really is just the strawberry note, but as she dries, there is some sort of edible note that shows up. It's familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. I'm not sure that it's cake, like other reviewers have said, but I could go with it since I don't know what I DO smell. I just know I want to bite into it! Then the strawberry comes back alongside that edible note, dances away, comes back, dances away. Kitty definitely is a fun, flirty scent, and very pink.

In the Bottle: This is a creamy, fruity smelling blend. There is just a bare hint of florals.

Wet on Skin: The strawberry comes out on a whiff of sweet vanilla. You can somewhat smell the honey and sandalwood sitting back in the background, and the florals sort of wafting about.

Drydown: The french vanilla comes out to the fore, and it's a floral vanilla. The white sandalwood fights for top spot and sometimes wins.

Dry: This settles down into a sweet, woody, slightly fruity, softly floral blend. It's quite nice, and the first blend I've found where the honey doesn't come on too strong on me.

Overall: I really like this blend, even when the white sandalwood thinks it should be on top. =)

1193601221_QvyBU-Ti.jpg

Although upon first sniff I had doubts, I went ahead and wore this blend today...at least, at first. Unfortunately for me, this is vanilla all the way. It wasn't this way in the decant, because there I sensed other notes --besides vanilla-- which kept the vanilla nicely in check. I'm hanging on to the bottle to see if it ages better, but for now I don't like it.

This is so great in the bottle. Like a cool fluffy strawberry shortcake with a dot of honey. I don't like it as much on me, though. Wet, the strawberry comes out even more, and there is a slightest hint of florals. On the dry-down, the sandalwood makes itself known. It balances out the overly sweet combination of the vanilla and strawberries, but overall, I still feel like this is a teensy bit too cloying for my taste. I'll have to try this in my locket.

umm, hmm. i tend to avoid fruity scents a lot, but i have another creamy-strawberry scent i like, so i figured i'd give this a try. in the vial it's a foody-vanilla mixed with a hiny of strawberry, but on my skin, it's a leafy-green strawberry scent with lots of vanilla. it smells more what i imagine strawberry leaf to be, rather than strawberry itself. so on me it's a green-vanilla scent. it's not necessarily bad, but i don't really think this is my kind of scent.

Straight up strawberry with a creamy vanilla. Touches of honey and orchids play together at first, but die down immediately. The sandalwood is dry and slightly dusty and only come out once the orchids have died off. :wub2:

This is a creamy strawberry scent on my skin. The vanilla and honey sweeten this, and the orchid lends a touch of sophistication to what would otherwise be a very young-feeling scent. Overall, I really enjoy this surprisingly enough. Sweet and fruit is not usually what I go for, but I'm kind of loving this.

kitty haunted me for a while because i REALLY thought i had ordered her but then it turned out i hadn't and all the courtesans came down. :cry2: it took me a while to track down a bottle but i did! she's here and she smells awesome!

it all honesty, i am not sure what orchids smell like. i know that i am not keen on florals, generally, but whatever is in here works. the vanilla is creamy, the strawberry is juicy-sweet, and it all plays against a gorgeous velvety backdrop of honey and sandalwood and what i assume are orchids. very sweet, a little creamy, maybe just right for certain moods.

On the skin: Strawberries! With.... cream and vanilla?

After a bit I get some florals and honey. Definitely a pretty scent! I wish the vanilla wouldn't keep threatening to turn plastic on my skin. :(

I think I may need to try this one again.

Strawberries, sandalwood, and a hint of vanilla. This is such a fresh, gorgeous blend and already one of my absolute favorites. It has surprisingly long wear, too, for a light scent. I applied at 8 AM and at 3 PM it's still going strong. After that amount of time, fruity blends are usually a distant memory, but Kitty sticks around. As another reviewer mentioned, there is a definite tang to this blend (perhaps the strawberries are not quite ripe yet?), but that only adds to Kitty's charms. She's coy, but with a cavalier streak.

In the bottle: Ooh, sweet! I can definitely smell the orchids in there somewhere, but mostly it's vanilla and strawberries.

Wet: IT'S A COOKIE. Or perhaps a cupcake? But it smells like a baked good. All vanilla, strawberries and honey.

Drydown: The vanilla has calmed down a bit. I still can't smell the sandalwood at all, or the bergamot, which is sad. It's still a cookie.

Dry: The vanilla and honey are still nice and warm, the strawberries are fresh and natural, and the orchid is starting to show itself again. Very nice, and seems to smell less cookie-ish and more like a perfume as time passes...unfortunately the bergamot and sandalwood are only apparent after at least half an hour.

Funny note: I'd been wearing this blend for a bit longer than an hour when I went to squash class. I was warming up by myself, and my opponent came into the court and burst out "It smells really good in here!" I guess Kitty is a keeper.

Edited by bergamot_bliss

Strawberries and cream with a generous dollop of honey. I agree with the reviewers who said it's a bit tangy.

Call me crazy, but I think of this as a more tart, strawberry version of Lady Una.

In the bottle - A kind of watery custard scent

Wet on me - Kind of bitter with the neroli coming through

Dry on me - Surprisingly green florals with a smoky undertone

Overall - I don't really know what to make of this. It wasn't at all what I expected

kitty smells like the strawberry sister of mouse's long and sad tale. the strawberry is strongest in the bottle and when wet, then drops back to blend in more in the drydown. there's a subtle touch of spice to the sandalwood. a nice, sweet, berry scent.

I purchased this from directly from the Trading Post a couple years back and I haven't reviewed it yet! I recently pulled this from my collection to my "currently wearing" box. Lately, I've been in the mood for strawberry scents and Kitty is pretty much a perfect strawberry perfume.

She starts out as a sugar-spun strawberry and then mellows out into a creamy, strawberry frosting with a pinch of orchid and sandalwood to remind you it's perfume you're wearing and not dessert. The sandalwood is a beautiful base, in the final dry down stage it holds all of the notes together. This is a grown-up food scent (and it's aged beautifully!). Kitty is incredibly wearable, not overly sweet and is my absolute favorite strawberry perfume. I wish I had snagged a back-up! :wub:

In the bottle its dark berries and vanilla very nicely mixed together.
But I dont think Kitty likes me, since I dont get any strawberry at all. To me its powdery sweet, slightly spicy and warm. Almost no fruits at all. Perhaps Im amping the sandalwood to the max?
Me and Kitty wasnt meant to be.