Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mellifluous

Glowing Vulva Bath Oil

GLOWING VULVA BATH OIL
Cream accord, amber, teak, and lotus blossom.

Shea oil, olive oil, apricot kernel oil, fractionated coconut oil, rosehip seed, evening primrose oil, vitamin E, isopropyl myristate, glycereth-7-cocoate (derived from coconut), oleth 3, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume blends.

OMG cream!
This smelled sooo good! I wanted to jank the tester!!! (of course i never would)

It seemed a lot creamier then the perfume, but it has been a while since I've tested it. This was a very luxurious scent, that honestly I might just buy 5 bottles of, because it was that good! teak and blossom were there, but definitely a lightly ambered cream was the main player.

Mmmmm, cant wait!

Smells like the perfume, but much softer on the teak and stronger on the cream and amber. Sadly, it ends up being a little too softly scented for me.

I smell like amber!

In the tub, Glowing Vulva smelled all creamy and lotus-y at first fading into amber, but on my skin afterwards all I have is amber. The teak was there, but it was never a prominent note. And the amber scent has clung through the night. The oil left my skin glowing and moisturized (and a little oily) as always.

I put on Fearful Pleasure this morning and I smell soooo good. The combination is heavenly.

(Note: Used as actual bath oil. As in, two healthy squirts into a tub of steaming water and soak for half an hour. Then get out and don't towl off for 5-10 minutes so it soaks in.)

Ok, so I have to admit, I usually *don't* use my BPTP Bath oils in the actual bath. Oh, I've done some of them once, maybe twice. but my skin is already oily, and since the base for these is SO rich, my skin usually can't handle it, even if I do half the amount recommended.

so, I generally use my BPAL bath oils either as perfumes or in my hair as a sort of leave-in conditioner and styling aid- for which it works really, really well in my overly-chemically processed hair, and of course makes me smell all nummy!

Now, having given my disclaimer, I can proceed! :lol:

In the bottle, this is Glowing vulva, alright. the only thing I notice that's different is that this seems a little more heavy on the cream than the perfume. That's only in the bottle, though. after I rubed some into my hands, much the way a person might do with a moisturizing lotion, the extra cream goes away, and leaves a lighter version of pure Glowing vulva in it's place. There is an addition, though, as it sinks into my skin, which I'm thinking might be just the bath base- the shea oil, specifically, which is bringing in a light nuttiness to the whole affair. i could that being a hinderance for some of the other bath oils if you use them in non-bath ways as I do. but in Gv it works brilliantly, as a light nutty note makes for a great addition with the cream and teak.

As with the perfume, I don't personally get the lotus note.

In All: if you use BPTP bath products as intended- that is, in the bath- and you are a fan of GV Perfume, you'll likely want to stock up on several bottles of this lovely. I, however, am going to do my best to NOT buy seven bottles of this, and remind myself that for my purposes, a little of this yummy, rich mixture goes a long, long way ;)

:wub:

I was so lucky to receive a bottle of this as a gift, and I am so happy to get it, because it is lovely, and is indeed the gorgeousness that is Glowing Vulva!

I also don't use this in the bath. I put it on as a moisturizer after the bath--put it on wet skin, let myself dry a bit, then towel off. It is gorgeous for this--and the oil itself is perfect--not too heavy like the older massage oils, but just right. Sinks in quickly.

It's been awhile since I sniffed the perfume, but I remember it being a little heavier on the teak too, but I could be wrong. On me, this is the most glorious amber and cream, and as with the perfume, neither dominates. It's not a cream or milky scent--it's just that the amber has a creamy quality to it, if that makes sense. And it's a lovely amber, not the one that goes kind of funky on me (like Jacob's Ladder).

This has great staying power, but light throw. So I put it on 4 hours ago and can still smell it, but only if I press my arm up to my nose.

I put some in my hair too, but I put too much accidently so while I smell good, my hair is flat as can be! Oh well!

anyway, this is really gorgeous, and even using it as a moisturizer, as I do, means it will last a long time, as I probably use less than a capful for my whole body.

If you like Glowing Vulva, or think you might, get this! It's wonderful!

I'm still forming an opinion about this one. I've used it twice as an after-shower moisturizer in place of my usual application of LUSH's Vanilla Dee-Lite body lotion. Most people seem to think it's heavier on the cream note, but I'm getting more of the teak, and a bit of amber and lotus. The cream was heavy on first application but then it fades away - or maybe it still smells more like cream on my legs and less so on my arms. I started with my legs, after all.

Overall, it's definitely much softer/lighter and without much throw. I tried it last night and in the morning, it smelled like powder. I usually get powder when I'm about to start Shark Week, but that's definitely not the case here.

I'll update as my thoughts on this evolve.

I've never tried Glowing Vulva perfume, so I can't make a comparison. However, when I first sniffed this from the bottle, I was afraid that I had made a mistake in ordering it, because the cream was very prominent in a slightly soured way. I detest the taste and smell of actual milk and cream, and they always smell sour to me.

Disclaimer: I use my bath oils as an after-shower moisturizer for my dry, parched skin. The texture of the oil is smooth enough to apply easily, but it soaks right into the skin without making me feel greasy. I can get dressed shortly after applying and smoothing in the oil without staining or ruining my clothing.

I adore the Post's bath oils and also know that you can't assume that Beth's scents will be exactly what your nose detects in the bottle. I applied some oil to my arm to test it further, and the sour cream note quickly faded. So I I took a leap of faith and did what I always do: hopped into the shower, then toweled off and applied this all over as an after-shower moisturizer. The cream note softens and the teak comes out very strongly on my skin, followed by a slight spice, which is how amber often turns on my skin. I don't get the lotus itself, but the overall effect of this is absolutely beautiful and I am very pleased with it.

It's also wonderful layered with Man With Phallus Head. But of course, why wouldn't it be?! :lol:

Edited by Poenari

This is absolutely gorgeous! On my skin I get mostly sweet cream, lotus and a bit of warm amber, the teak doesn't noticeably show up. I have been using this as an after-shower moisturizer all week and I must say it is perfect for layering! :wub2:

To me this smells almost exactly like the perfume, though understandably less aged since the perfume was released a couple years ago, and a little heavier on the cream and amber as others have noted but still gorgeous. It makes for a heavenly bath and layers well not only with its perfume counterpart but any woody, vanilla or resinous blend, so it's very versatile.

Glowing Vulva bath oil definitely has less wood than the perfume oil, but it's still very, very pretty. I'm extremely happy that this scent has been made available again :luv2:

This is gorgeous. Very light sweet cream with hints of lotus blossom and barely there teak. Where the perfume might be a bit much...this is just right. Will be purchasing this immediately! :wub2:

I was so hopeful for GV , but sadly this is a little too Johnson's and Johnson's baby wash or something that brings flashbacks from the infant stage of my son's life. I don't think my nose is refined enough to distinguish this from what I have already in my mind associated it with. I smell no wood. . . no cream. . .

This pretty much smells exactly like the perfume to me. Maybe a little bit creamier, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I use the bath oil as a moisturizer when I get out of the shower, and it's great for that. It leaves a light scent that layers well with basically every perfume I own. I can't think of anything I have that would smell bad with cream and amber.

BPTP makes fantastic bath oils. :heart:

I just recieved my bottle and this is just love :bunnyluv: really love, i smell so freaking good!

It's light and very creamy :heart: the bath oil itself is so good (used as after shower moist) I will be getting more bottles of this before it comes down!! absolute love!

I never got a chance to try Glowing Vulva in its perfume oil form, which is a shame. I love the bath oil! I don't get any lotus at all, but cream, teak, and amber in abundance. It reminds me a bit of the Antikythera Mechanism (one of my absolute favorites) only very creamy and soft. I think I'll need at least one more bottle before this goes away.

Just like the perfume. :heart: Creamy amber with top notes of teak. Lotus is barely detectable, but it`s presence is there. The overall effect is soft, creamy, woody amber that sticks close to the skin. I mainly use the oils as in-shower moisturizers, but this time I had to have a bath. So luxurious. I`ll definitely need a bottle of this.

I didn't know what all the Glowing Vulva hype was all about until recently when a forum member sent me a little tester of the perfume. :thud: I didn't hesitate to snap up the bath oil, and now I'm kind of regretting only getting one bottle. The bath oil is just like the perfume: cream and amber and teak. It's not as strong as I find the perfume to be, but it's still beautiful. I'm not usually stingy with the bath oil, but this one might be reserved for post-bathing moisturizing only. I hate the thought of it going down the drain!

I can't explain how delicious this is. Let me start with I'm not a foody person, I actually kind of hate vanilla unless it's just a background sweetener. I don't do cake or pastry scents. With that said, the cream is sweet & light almost vanilla buttercream frosting to my untrained nose. And it's perfect. It's slighty foody but really light and well creamy to be honest. I'm not sure if I smell amber or teak but it's a little powderly like amber can get (at one point it smelled like baby powder but as in a compliment). The lotus is a very light floral. In all, it's sweet creamy and lighty floral/foody. Delicious, mature and sweet. Will probably compliment everything. This is my first review, I just couldn't help myself.

Edited by lilithsnake6

Glowing Vulva perfume oil is in my top 3 of everything that I've ever tried bpal - this is much lighter than the perfume oil, as I expected. It's much more creamy - definitely more "foody" than the perfume oil version - and the amber and cream dominate the teak which tends to ground the scent in the bath oil rather than pronounce itself as an individual note. I adore this though - I usually only wear Glowing Vulva at night because it's such a strong "do-me-right-now" scent - and this is the daytime version. I'm going to use it as a light moisturizer during the daytime when I want something softer. Heaven :wub2:

Glowing Vulva Bath Oil is a lot like the perfume. There's teak, lotus, amber and cream but the bath oil is a lot sweeter, lighter and with a bit of soft powderiness. It's a lovely light scent for Spring and for layering. I think it will give the GV perfume some oomph, and I can't wait for my bottle to arrive.

:wub2:

I used the oil in the bath and on my skin afterwards.

In the bath, it smells a bit more creamy than the the perfume, kind of cloying, actually. The scent does dissapate fairly quickly however, and I can barely smell it in the bath. My skin seems quite moisturized, though, out of the tub. I probably wouldn't waste this oil directly in the tub again, but just use it as a moisturizer.

As a moisturizer: This is a bit more creamy at first, but after a bit, it seems more like the teak and lotus are more dominating on me, which is a good thing. Someone said up-thread aways that this is kind of like a 'spring' Glowing Vulva, and I tend to agree. It is not as strong as the perfume oil, more delicate in scent as well. It does, however, last for a very long time on me. It is almost like fraternal twin to the perfume, I find, a bit more feminine, comforting, almost baby-scent like, which sounds kind of odd, but I can't think of any other way to describe this. The perfume is more sexy, this is more comforting and womanly. I still like it, though, and am very glad to have this, and will probably only use it for special occasions, like my perfume oil.

This is amazingly beautiful and very versatile.

I smell mostly cream and amber combined that makes me think of super soft silky vanilla cream.

The scent itself is light, but lasts forever. When I use it as a moisturizer, I can always get wisps of GVBO whenever I move around.

:wub2:

This is sending me on a quest to find the perfume. I usually don't like sweet and foody scents but this one may have changed my mind. At first whiff, its BUTTERSCOTCH!! Creamy but a bit burnt and ever so slightly boozy. Really, really yummy. After it opens up you can smell the floral, which helps off set the sweetness and makes it a little more sophisticated.

Absolutely magnificent! I use it both in and out of the bath for a moisturizer. It soaks in and never feels greasy.

I haven't had the chance to smell the Glowing Vulva perfume but the notes sound so lovely that I really wanted to try the bath oil. Using this as a moisturizer on my skin, my first impression is of a creamy vanilla with a twist of sarsaparilla, much like the vanilla I smell in snake oil. And that's pretty much it. Sort of a creamy, rootbeer-ish vanilla. I expected a more complex scent, or at least to be able to smell the teak. I have to stop buying things unsniffed, it so seldom turns out well.

I haven't smelled GV perfume, but now that I have GVBO, I REEEAALLLY want to.

In the bottle: I smell butter, which puts me off. But I know better than to go by bottle scent.

On the skin: It just blooms. Instantly. Into a sweet, ambery-vanilla buttercream scent that is slightly foody. I get a sense of the lotus, but it's very calm, and if there's teak, it's pretty chillax too. I agree with the poster above, it's kind of a comforting, baby fresh scent. It really does feel GLOWING and warm.

And it's strong and lasts forever! I shower at night and use this primarily as an after-shower moisturizer, and the scent envelops me in a lovely blanket of scent which is still apparent in whiffs the next morning. :wub2:

Edited by lahdeedah