Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mellifluous

Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat

Sticky-sweet iced lemon sugar!

This is a very simple on me scent. But, it's so much fun to have on. Already find myself wearing it all over. But, it lasts so long on me too. Put it on right after a shower and it lasted for close to twelve hours on me! The whole time, it was on me, like posted higher up, the girl scout lemonade cookies. Very nice simple scent for the days where I don't want to worry about having to reapply something or have a morphing scent. And it's all lemony goodness!
Eta: it's been over a year since I started wearing this. The sugar in it has gone down, making it more of a lemon scent. The cookie feel is pretty much gone and I've been left with lemon juice that is needing to be added to a mix. It still also has a long wear and lasts through a couple times in the wash water.

This is truly delicious and comforting; foody, but not sickly, very lovely indeed, it stays on my skin for ages and gets better and better!

This was my very first 5ml purchase! I adore sugary lemon scents, so even though I bought this blind I was very excited.

In the bottle it smells just like a baking extract to me. LSSB has an intense waft of super sugar and lemon with that alcohol-like edge that extracts have, but you know that when you add a bit to your mix it will come out all delicious in the end.

On application the lemon is fierce; it reminds me of the perfectly goopy, covered in powdered sugar lemon bars that a local cafe makes from scratch. However, it backs down really nicely into a lovely and wearable scent that would be perfect for the summer.

I am beyond thrilled with this and must get a back up bottle!

I broke down and bought a bottle of this...I was very disappointed! I was hoping for a more lemon-y pastry/cookie sugar scent, but on me, it was bubbly lemonade all the way!! I don't do bubbly scents well, so off to the swapping block it goes!! :(

Lemon poppyseed cake without the cake. Very sweet, and the lemon threatens to go industrial-cleaner on me constantly, but for the most part, it's behaving itself. I say poppyseed because there's a seed-like note in here that I can't quite ferret out, but if I don't come into this with the scent name in mind, this smells faintly of sugared anise -- that is to say, black licorice.

The other thing it really reminds me of is lemon herbal tea. I'm not sure I get the 'iced' note in here at all, because I read 'iced' as the drippy kind of glaze you put over cakes, but there sure is something that's a little 'cool' about this whole blend. (Maybe that's where I'm getting the anise from.)

Delicious. Like Ops, but available -- and y'all know how much I love Ops. :yum:

I ordered an imp of this from a lovely forumite awhile back. I have to say initially I wasn't impressed. I kept it in my imp box for a bit and decided to give it another go recently. I am sooo glad I did!! It's my holy grail lemon scent! At first it's sort of a fizzy lemonade but as it dries down the icing and sugar really come out making this very much like an amazing lemon bar. (my favorite dessert!)

I. Am. In. Love. I have two imps already but I think I see a bottle in the near future. I'm not sure when it's coming down so I feel like I better hurry. Lol!!

Edited by ReenaLolita

While LSSB is wet on my skin the lemon sings loudest, and it has good throw in the early stages, but it doesn't take long to melt back into a lemon-cookie skin scent. Lemon and sugar are two of my favourite scents, so this is a lovely thing. My only complaint is that I have to reapply about every two to three hours because it vanishes. If LSSB lasted on me like it does on some other reviewers it might be in my top two or three, but it's still in my top ten.

Beautiful sweet lemon! It smells like Lemonheads to me or the lemon poppy seed cake some else mentioned before. The longer I wear it the more it turns from candy to a cake like smell. The smell on the skin runs pretty true to what it smells like in the bottle.

Received this as a frimp thanks to a lovely forum member!

Lemonheads. I was worried this would be lemon cleaning products. Immediately the lemon has a sugared warmth coming from it. It took me a minute, my brain was trying to figure out what it reminded me of. LEMONHEADS. Does not morph really just mellows out over time. Sticky sweet lemon sugar. I quite like this!

Yup...it's exactly what it says it is. Starts out as very sugary lemon, like Lemonheads, or maybe lemon sorbet. Really sweet and almost "crunchy"-feeling, if that makes sense. It mellows out after being on for a minute, and starts to smell more like lemonade or maybe lemon sorbet, it has that kind of icy, cool feel. It's a very sweet lemon, not tart at all. It's different from BPAL's other citrus notes...there's nothing else quite like it. And it's an awesome perfume for summer, too...very cool and refreshing, just like drinking a big icy glass of lemonade on a hot day. I really like this one.

In the bottle - A dry, almost bitter, pithy lemon scent

Wet on me - Sweeter, sugary candied lemons

Dry on me - Sweet, sugary lemon candy

Overall - Bright, fresh and sweet, really pretty

LSSB is sweet-tart lemon candy when I first apply it, with the lemon in charge of the show. It sweetens as it dries, with the sugar helping to make it almost creamy on me after many hours. It has good throw for the first few hours of wear. It fades but I can still detect it if I bring my wrist to my nose. It is a straightforward, happy, yummy scent that is great for hot weather. My husband is a fan, too!

ITB: Mmm, it reminds me of Fresh's Lemon Sugar but with more potent lemon and a touch of icing.

Wet: Thick sugar-infused lemon and a pinch of lemon rind. It's delicious and refreshing. What a perk-me-up!

Dry: It's a bit warmer when dry and reminds me of sipping a sweet lemonade while nibbling on a lemon tart in the middle of summer.

Italian lemon ices. Fresh-squeezed lemonade and clouds of powdered sugar. Lemonheads. Lemon sugar cookies. That's all the foody imagery that I associate with this scent. Mostly the lemon ices. Such a bright, yellow, summery, cheerful scent. So glad it's not turning chemical/cleaner on me! A foodie delight.

In the imp - Lemon sugar.

Wet - Lemon frosting? If you typically avoid lemon because it’s bitter and citrusy on you, I urge you to give this a shot.

Drydown - OK, so I was a Girl Scout for 10 years and I got to know the cookie selection pretty well. This smells exactly like the Lemon Pastry Cremes we used to sell. I see how some of you are getting dish soap lemon or Pledge (after all, the description does say “citrus solvent”), but for me this is lemon pastry.

Verdict- I’m not a citrus person, but this will be my first purchase if I ever change my mind about citruses in general sense.

This smells exactly like the description. It's a very light lemon icing. Not strong lemon on me. It's just the right amount. Makes me smile and it's oddly calming. Love to wear this in the summer months. Cute label too! I LOVE bats. :wub3:

i like this scent a lot! it starts off with a strong lemon, bordering on pledge-y, but not quite. overall, this is a bright, sugary lemon scent-just icy lemon and sugar, like lemonade and lemon frosting. it's such a happy and uplifting scent, and would be perfect for summer. i am so glad i finally got to try this!

This starts out as lovely lemon candy, as expected. That lasts for about an hour, and then it's lemon-scented sticky bathroom cleaner...unfortunate. Thanks, skin chemistry! Ruin everything, why don't you!

This is such a realistic lemon ice pop that I keep thinking my wrists are sticky and I should wash them. :) Utterly delicious. Like every other lemon BPAL, my skin devours it whole, so it's a locket scent, but this might be worth a bottle.

I managed to get my hands on a tester of this. In the imp it smells like lemon juice with extra sugar and tang. On the skin it's sweet lemon but on dry down it turns into Lemon Pledge. Arg.

This is a cool scent, it takes you through the whole sugary lemon rainbow! At times it's smelled like lemon lollipops, lemon ice, lemon sherbet, lemon cake, lemon meringue pie, etc. etc. It seems to finally settle on something that smells like what you'd get if you replaced the orange in a creamsicle with lemon, or a creamy lemon milkshake. A wonderfully happy warm weather scent, and it came to me just in time for a freak heatwave the likes of which a decent Canadian should never have to experience, so bonus!

Edited by LadyLuckless

Typically my reviews tend to be on the longer side, but this will be short and sweet.

In bottle, on skin, and all the way through dry down I get one of those sugar-coated lemon candies! Sugared, not cloying, and delicious! No morphing, and pretty linear, this scent is a yes yes yes (and nom nom nom!) from me!

It's my last day of spring break, so this was a dead-on way to celebrate a beautiful last hurrah picnic (with lemon cookies, slightly reminiscent of this scent!) in the breeze woth a setting sun. :)

I found BPAL because I was looking for a lemon perfume. I had never smelled one before but have always thought lemon smells amazing. This is even better than I ever could imagine.. it's real lemon, nothing artificial but somehow even better than real lemons. I was worried the sugar might make it too sweet but it doesn't, it's like lemon candy but somehow 'adult' sweet. Love this ❤