Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mellifluous

Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat

Sticky-sweet iced lemon sugar!

This reminds me of Phobos. It has the same quick, sharp hit of mouth watering lemon then the sort of breakfast cereal thing happens. It's less here than on Phobos but I really don't like it. At least on my skin. I will have to try it on hair and scent locket to see if that annoying underlying cereal smell goes away.

I think I'll stick with Phantasm for my nummy lemon.

I'll preface with the fact that I am not a fan of citrus scents, but LSSB is loooooove. Reminds me of those damn Lemonade Girl Scout cookies I got addicted to a couple years back. It's sugary lemon icing.. mmmmm and the drydown has this extra jolt of vanilla sugar.

This is not fresh lemon, this is candied lemon or the lemon you'd find in baked goods.

Bummer. I was so, so looking forward to this as I love all things lemon. I have some BPAL lemon/lemongrass type scents that work great for me (The Vortex, for example, is lovely and Albedo v5 is very lemony on me) but then others haven't worked as well (Skytyping with Chemtrails was bad on me). Sadly, this falls into the latter camp: There's a bright, sharp lemon with something weird underneath. If it were just the lemon it would be nice, but something funky underneath ruins it for me. Le sigh :(

I don't like a sharp, sour lemon, but I love lemon when it's paired with some serious cake, sugar, or creamy vanilla notes. Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat is the sort of lemon that's sweet enough for me to love it ^_^. It smells like lemon gummi bears + a hint of frosty lemon popsicle. I'm not sure how it manages to smell cool without being minty or anything like that, but it does.

This is incredibly fun, sweet, and refreshing. I wasn't expecting to love this as much as I do, but I am charmed by it and can see myself picking up multiple bottles of this. I'm going to love wearing this blend over the summer. :wub2:

Pure, sticky lemon lollipops. I don't even LIKE lemon or citrus usually, but this is divine. It'll be perfect for summer, and I have a feeling it might be a great work-out scent for pep and invigoration! I may need another bottle!

In the bottle: Delicious! This smells like a candy I ate when I was little, these chalky-sugary lollipops they sold at the pool. Yum!

Wet: Zomg, I want to eat my arm. Fizzy, lemonade-y, sugary, nom! REALLY strong throw, too -- I can smell it without lifting my arm at all.

Dried down: Strong as hell -- I can't believe the throw on this! It's delicious, though. This is gonna get heavy wear, I just know it. :)

Smells gorgeous in the bottle.. but on my skin, what a disaster! Lemon has never been a friend of mine, but I had to give this a try.. but no, it's not for me.

On my skin, all I got was lemon. As in.. LEMON. And not a pretty lemon either - a nasty, sour, sharp and overly sweet/cloying lemon. It smells a bit like furniture polish. So sadly, this is not for me :(

I do think it would work beautifully as a room spray though!

I'm on the fence with this one. I expected a lemon scent like Lush bohemian soap, but this only vaguely smells of lemons. It has a huge laundry detergent thing going that just makes this smell...fake. Makes me think of yes, laundry in the sun.

I would have liked it more if it had a natural lemon scent.

I'm wearing this today and I am glad I did. It's such a happy smell; the sugar cuts the lemon in the right way so that I smell like a lemondrop shooter. Very summery, light and sweet. I may have to try for a bottle of this one.

Mae

This and Lolita will be competing for 'Best Lemon Scent' in my scent wardrobe now. I love me some lemon perfume. There's something so uplifting about it, every time I wear it I can't help but smile :)

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat smells like a glass of homemade lemonade. Whoever mentioned the 'iced' note is dead-on in my opinion. There is definitely an undertone of something cooling in there. Gorgeous.

I was anxious to try Lemon Bats, as I really like citrus blends as a rule, but very few make it to a bottle purchase for me. In the imp, a nice tart realistic lemon with a touch of sugar. On, less tart, more like a shortbread cookie with lemon buttercream icing and lemon zest on top. Somehow this is kind of cookie-like on me, not really what I was expecting. I was hoping this would be more fresh and tart on me, like real lemonade with less sweetness. Not really me, this is a bit too foody, but I can see why others may enjoy this blend. I'll stick to Embalming Fluid for my tart lemon blend.

Edited by milo

Oooh, this is perfect! Practically edible in the bottle. After a few minutes it gets a little sharp like lemon candy, but the final dry down is sweet powdered sugar and lemon. I was worried it was going to be artificial smelling, but this smells great!

I thought I reviewed LSSB already, but I can't find it if I did. I searched for many years for a good lemon scent but never found one until this. Not that Beth hasn't produced any good ones, but this one lasts long, has the right tough of sweetness and is just a perfect scent on me. It's fun and refreshing, but also would work when it's cold out. I hope to stock up before it goes, but I'm hoping it "sticks" around.

The description pretty much says it all. For me, it kind of goes back and forth for a while between being lemon icing sugar and and a sharper lemon candy, but it doesn't take long for it to stabilize itself and end on the lemon icing sugar note. This is such a fun blend that could pick up virtually anyone's mood. If I'll ever be feeling down or slightly anxious, I know I'll be reaching for this one.

this is fantastic, not artificial but very warm and lemon cookie. Delicious, and long lasting. I wear this with the psychotic cookie Hungry Ghost Moon to calm it down a bit.

three words will describe how this scent went on me: "Lemon Fruit Loop". Not an entirely bad smell, but it literally smelled like I broke into Kellog's cereal factory, and jumped into the lemon batter to roll around in awhile. Jarring. HMMM. Maybe if I try layering it with Tea, I might like it more.

This smells like lemon and the ice note from Moon of Ice. The lemon is sharp when you put it on, but it burns off and I get lemon ice. Totally delicious!

Ohh, liquid Lemonheads for me. Sharp on first application as others have said, but then it dries down to a sweeter lemon with lots of powdered sugar, yum! I would love this as a room scent esp in the kitchen, or even a hand soap, but not so much to wear I think...,

I keep going back and forth on this one. Every lemon scented oil I've tried so far smells like pledge on me. I keep looking though. An incredibly nice person sent this to me after reading a post I made asking for recommendations. This is right on the line of smelling like a cleaning product. I can't decide if it actually does smell that way or my subconscious is making me think that because of my expectations.

It smells like very sweet lemon I don't get any of "icy" scent that others do. It doesn't morph from the bottle to wet to drydown but it does mellow out a bit.

I'm pretty sure I like it but I might layer it with a light vanilla or a black tea scent. On it's own I think it's just to much.

I had my 16 yr old son smell it and he went crazy over it. He thinks I should definitely get a bottle.

i love lemon-scented sticky bat, because it reminds me of a dearly departed chaos theory that i, uh, accidentally spilled all over my husband's iphone. :blush: i previously would not have been interested at ALL in a lemon scent, but my mind was opened, and i needed to find a substitute- and then lemon-scented sticky bat (it's so fun to say) came into my life, and i fell into a pool of sweet sugary lemon candy goodness, and it was awesome.

this tastes like lemon gibralters, the old-fashioned candy i received a sample of in a swap one time- sweet, sugary, not creamy in an actual cream sort of way, but in a soft, powdered sugar sense... but not powdery. it's definitely sticky. it's more sweet lemon candy than lemonade. it's delicious and refreshing and perfect for summer.

I have an insane love of everything citrus, but I'm not sure how I feel about sugar. Beth's creations are rapidly changing my mind on that (hello honey!) and this is my first blend with sugar. I have high hopes!

Wet: Oh my god this is truly fantastic. Immediately I get a blast of bright, bright lemon with only the tiniest hint of sugar to mellow it out. I really hope that this lasts (I'm looking at you Detox, you fifteen minute chump!)

Dry down: The sugar comes out to play and doesn't turn to plastic or burnt sugar on my skin like I was fearing! :joy: The sugar tames the lemon just enough to make it smell less like I poured lemon juice on my arm (which I adore, don't get me wrong) and more of a lemon Jolly Rancher candy (also amazing).

Dry: After about an hour, LSSB has mellowed out even further and has turned from a lemon Jolly Rancher into a beautifully soft creamy lemon. I am in love.

Verdict: My poor wallet is rocking back and forth in a corner, weeping and wailing because between the Weenie Order of Doom just got even larger. In order to the scents from the Weenie update, I'm going to need at least one backup bottle of Josie and at least another bottle of LSSB. This is love.

Now, I haven't been able to place a BPAL order in 3 years, so when I finally could order some backups of beloved GCs, I threw in a bottle of LSSB. I have been waiting so anxiously for it...iced lemon sugar sounds straight up my alley!

In bottle: LEMON. Astringent, sharp lemon with a faint, faint hint of sweetness in the back. All of a sudden, I know what people who say "Lemon Pledge" mean. :eek: I'll soldier on and see...

After it dries, it does become sweeter, but the lemon is still very much in the front. and then...SHIIIIIIIIIIIT. What is that smell? It has morphed into something else, something VERY familiar...it's a BPAL, I'm sure of it, but I can't quite place it. In any case, there's not much lemon anymore, some sweetness, and that florally spice that I can't quite place...

then it hits me. This, on me, is a dead ringer for Huesos de Santos, which I eventually had to sell. :cry2: I take it back...it's got a fair amount of the flowers that Sugar Skull has, too...which I also had to sell. DAMN IT. I'm so bummed! I really wanted to smell like a lemon pastry, and there's this sharp herbal ick on my stupid skin. I'll hang on to it for a few weeks to see if it mellows, but I'm not optimistic, since I held on to Huesos and Sugar Skull for a year before I finally gave up the ghost.

DAMMIT. :(

In the bottle, it's a subdued very sweet lemon.. it's lemon that has had so much sugar on it, it doesn't really smell like lemon anymore.. but then it goes on my skin, and it's...

allLEMONS all the time! Like lemons doing a paarrtaaaay!!! And we here.. and we spritzin lemony lemon all over the lemon place with lemons! Yeah...

But then those lemons get tired.. they get zested out and all that wonderful fresh spray of pure lemonyness gets spritzed out.

Guess where all that spritz went!.. Yeah, that's right.. oh yeah.. here comes SUGGAA!.. Oh lemon suggaa yea there you ar.. and you gettin down with those fresh lemons, and making them calm down.. and get.. kind of sleepy - they're just going to lay on you a little bit.. cuddle up.

It's so nice and comfy and sweet, and those lemons will just calm down for a little bit because you, sugar, are so nice... and then they're gonna doze like this for hours and hours, in a billowy sweet dream of super sweet sugar infused with the essence of the most amazing outrageous outgoing pure lemonness there has ever been.

This scent rocks so much.

edited my edit cuz I can spell and eta means edited to add but I didn't add anything I just corrected spelling so I wasn't actually adding anything.

Edited by Farenath

In the vial: Lemony sugar. Very sweet, but with just enough lemon tartness to not be cloying.

On skin, wet: Tart lemons, very little sugar.

On skin, dry: A tiny bit more sugar comes out, but mainly it's bright, tart lemon.

After an hour: It actually reminds me a lot of Phobos. A little bit sweeter, but not enough that I really want a bottle.

I love the simplicity of this on my skin. It's a sweet lemon sugar scent, refreshing and light. Very pretty.