Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Koumori

Antony

The embodiment of Classic masculinity. A warrior's scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil.

This smells very masculine and fresh. A lot like Old Spice, imo.

edited to include lab description. Edited by Shollin
fixed tags

Whoa...very intense in the imp. Musky leather, frankincense, and sage. I don't tend to go for masculine scents, but I can see this being super sexy.

A little goes a long way with this-very rich and deep and masculine. I get a lot more of the sage and basil when this is on my skin. Very resinous. This pretty much fits Beth's description of the scent accurately.

On my skin this is REALLY sagey. Sage isn't really a scent I like to smell like, but it works in this blend.

On drydown, this goes quite powdery. I'm not sure what note is doing that, but it's sweet sagey powder. No more musk or leather O_o Very odd. I blame the ambergris. It smells NOTHING like the imp on my skin!

This could be a very sexy, masculine, musky leather/resin/sage scent on the right person, but my skin made it straight powder!

Just a lovely blending of leather, frankincense, and sage on my skin. I guess it's a bit masculine, but I'd definitely wear it in a heartbeat. It's lightly sweet herbal and leather on the dry down.

Wow! I smell..... big strong sexy man.... Yet it is kind of a natural scent. It really blends well and becomes very similar to the smell of my boy's leather jacket. Not too strong on the leather, it just makes the scent deeper. I am really loving this one and am going to have to attack my SO with it sometime... soon!

Imp: Sharp, clean and herbal. Almost metallic.

Wet: BASIL! Basil explosion, actually. I smell like cooking.

Dry: This dries down to a salty, sexy, slightly incense-y leather. The herbs are there but not overtly present. Very light and interesting. I recently tried Robin Goodfellow and went nuts for that and Antony has not unseated him in my "herbal-musk-dark-magic-sex" department.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: It's nice. I like it. I get it. I just don't really have a need for it. Antony is lovely, just extraneous at the moment.

Edited by paperrose

Oh, such a betrayal! I bought one imp, and it worked wonders on me, so I bought another, and halfway through that, suddenly it started turning inexplicably sour on me. What's wrong, skin?! What is all this foolishness?

During the time I enjoyed him, Antony is dry, leathery, manly, with a touch of dry grass and just absolutely amazing. I do recommend him, if you have less finicky skin than I do.

Wet: Gosh, I'm so glad all the manly scents work on me so far. This one is no exception.

Dry-down: I can't smell anything distinct, except perhaps the frankincense and a little bit of tonka. But everything else meshes into a cloud of sexy man smell and it's just so heavenly.

Dry: After a while it becomes a very CLEAN sexy man. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

My brother's opinion: Overwhelming approval.

:::ANTONY:::

My, my, my... This is actually quite the disarming fragrance. Having read in the description that this was, "The embodiment of classic masculinity... a warrior's scent", the expectation was something much more assertive or, perhaps, even sharp. The contrast to the expectation was certainly a very welcome surprise!

From the first whiff, Antony is devestatingly seductive; the Sage and the Frankincense collide mid-air, like the mating ritual of eagles... The talons interlock and there is this spiraling ballet, a psychotic and breathtakingly beautiful pledge to remain eternally smitten with one another. Antony is almost patriarchly spicy; a stern yet legendarily expert violin tutor with calloused hands, sterling hair and a heavily lined face...

He just might drink a tad too much, but you lucidly recognise the foolishness of bring attention to it.

There is this frightful, 'Can do/Anything's possible' attitude that accompanies this fragrance...

Mood music for a hostile takeover...

On the skin, Antony tears away it's mask and screams at you with it's gore bespattered face.

The Leather takes on a an intimidatingly suggestive and invasive shape; the wielder giggling as it smacks worryingly into a not so terribly small hand.

The Ambegris in Antony is clearly recogniseable, yet, strangely, is the MOST masculine variety of Ambegris anywhere on the planet... It drifts from being the Parisian skirt to the kilt on yon brawny brute with the calves like young pumpkins... Yipes!

The Basil in Antony was the hardest note to locate ( a big boo-hoo here, being that the fragrance of Basil is one of the nearest to a favourite), but when it did spring from the melee, it had forgotten to put on it's pants. This isn't the pretty Basil with the wee leaves to snip over the top of noodles, THIS is THE BASIL, Purply, wild-eyed and striding about with a live hare betwixt it's choppers.

Antony is definitely a classic. This is the stuff to wear when it's time to command AND demand attention.

Spectrally Gray, Green and Purple, yet subdued shades of these. Earthy.

The only regret with Antony is that, in this case, it is quite ephemeral. While it lasts, it is nothing short of amazing...

The epidermis loves it too, apparently, and takes it in greedy gulps... 40 minutes later, it's nigh undetectable.

A great, greeat fragrance.... Does anybody know when the 10mL's are coming back?

Frankincense and sage, when wet...and then on me, a little bit more musky and leathery. And a little bit of floral too? Nothing girly, just a touch of what might be lavender. I wish there was a stronger basil note, but then again, if I could find a single note basil I would BATHE in it, so I wish everything that said basil had more basil. :P

This is mostly frankincense and light musks, with a tiny bit of herbal (the herbal goes away the more it's on me, but it can still be detected). It's a pleasant, sort of mysterious masculine scent.

In the imp: Lavender, crisp clean herbs. There's something powdery, but still masculine.

Wet: Frankincense and basil. Still something powdery.

Dry: Powdery lavender (don't know where I'm getting that from). Reminds me of Ode on Melancholy or Pain.

Overall: I really like this scent. Not what I was expecting. I was expecting something more masculine, not as powdery. Will use my imp!

This is a herbal scent with a bit of leather in the background and a bit of spicy sweetness at first. This could work as a unisex fragrance. On my skin I can hardly smell it. :(

In the bottle: Sweet woodsy, with some floral.

Wet: I still get some floral. I slathered this, so it is strong. I get a bit of incense as well, kind of sweet. Some basil and musk.

Dry: As it dries, it becomes a bit sweeter. I love the woods and the incense. I maybe get a bit of leather in the background, but I think I only notice because I'm looking for it. There's an herbal sharpness to this scent, and I like it. It smells a bit like cologne, and it's difficult to pick out the different notes, but I think that's because I slathered it. The leather comes out more after about 20 minutes, and I also get a hint of metal but not too much, thank god. I definitely get the impression of a battle taking place in the woods, with grasses and herbs and flowers getting crushed underfoot. An hour in, and I get more metal/leather. I think my skin must amp metallic scents. But I think it blends better with Antony than it has with other scents, so it's not a bad thing.

ETA: I think the musky metal note I was getting was frankincense? Hours later, I still smell it, but it's not as sharp anymore. I really like this in the dry down.

Overall: Sweet woods, herbs, floral, and incense. Leather and metal (frankincense?), eventually. I wouldn't define this as masculine, per se, but I do think it smells like a warrior scent. I like it! I don't know if I will wear it often enough to justify a full bottle, but in the meantime I am keeping my imp and will definitely use it again.

Edited by tailoredshirt

Wet, I get grass with a light incense reminiscent of that used in churches lingering in the background. The incense really takes center stage once dry. I can tell that the incense is tempered slightly by woods and herbs and it has a bit of a musky feel, but can't make out any of the individual notes except the frankincense.

Overall, Antony is a much warmer scent than I was expecting. The sage and basil are very muted on my skin and I only get the barest hint of leather. The incense is lovely, but I was hoping for it to blend more with the other elements. This definitely reminds me more of a church than a battlefield. I haven't tried Cathedral, so take this with a barrel of salt, but Antony on my skin definitely brings Cathedral's description to mind. I like Antony; it's just too bad the more outdoorsy parts don't come out on my skin.

Edit from ten months later: Antony remains mostly incense on me, but it's nevertheless become one of my favourite scents; I always turn to it if I'm attending a special event.

Edited by pteron

In bottle: Incense and herb, a fresher, more green scent then Odin.

Wet: A soft scent, green and herby with the incenses playing a solid base underneath. It evokes imagery of a clean spring day spent outdoors.

Dry: This is a great clean blend. Not a lot of staying power or throw sadly.

Notes: A really nice scent, just wish it was a little stronger.

At first this is incense and a hint of...aquatics? My nose is playing tricks on me, because after a while, the aquatic feel of the blend separates into leather and greenery. This is a nice blend, masculine but not aggressively so. It feels...contemplative.

This is an extremely faint scent on me, however, with barely any throw.

First on, I'm sitting on my father's lap, feeling not only safe and happy, but smelling the loveliest scent - warm, leathery spice. As it dries down, more fresh herbal scents come out - I don't like this part as much, but it's still lovely. Bottle-worthy.

Sage and basil in the imp. On my skin, the same. And making me sneeze. ..Yeah, getting this off now.

Imp: I get green. A lovely fresh non-soapy green

Wet on Me: green and resin. Faint ghosts of basil under my nose

Drying Down: Green and the powder of musk.

Dry: the resins were overtaken by the musk. Never got any leather :( this faded to something faint very quickly.

Antony

In the imp, the sage and basil smelled foody in a savory way, but thse frankincense becomes much more prominent when applied. The ambergris adds a bit of a salty tang, but it's mostly all frankincense on me.

In the bottle: Pale yellow oil, sweet herbal incense

Wet: Citrusy, faintly musky, with a hint of sage.

Dry: Herbal, sagey citrus incense with a hint of leather. Very subtle. I don't think this will be a long lasting scent.

After a few minutes: Oh wow, the frankincense has really perked up nicely. This is turning into a lovely herbal and incense perfumed leather.

After first hour: Faint incense, herbs and leather.

After two and a half hours: Sweet incense, sage, and faint herbed leather.

After 5 hours: Faint sweet incense with a hint of leather.

Final verdict: Very pretty, and the ambergris, which I was very scared of, did not seem to be offensive at all. This definitely warrants an honourable mention, as this is something I would consider wearing again for sure.

I'm having a hard time breaking this down into component parts, but this just smells utterly warm, spicy, and definitely male.

Actually, it smells like it should be worn by Lydias, from the book Stealing Fire, since I happen to be looking at that book right now. Picture here.

This smells fantastic, but I might have to try it out on my brother, because it should work better on him. I wouldn't wear this enough on my own, as I tend to like scents that are a little more feminine.

Lots of herbs in the imp. On my skin, I have to agree with AmandaKay that it smells a lot like Old Spice cologne - which isn't a bad thing.

Too masculine for me, though. Going to try it on the guy...

It comes over as an herbally green masculine scent with a touch of incense that isn't too masculine. I wouldn't mind cozying up to this scent, but I wouldn't wear it.

Holy crap, this is definitely a masculine scent. At first it reminded a lot of Dorian, but it doesn't quite have that "tea" not of Dorian. On the drydown I do get more of the leathery notes. The description is very enticing. I'd love to give this one to the DH to try. Wonder how it smells on him.