Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Notes on Skinning

Notes on skinning:

So like much of the Midwest, I've been suffering through the after effects of last week's giant snow storm. The bad news was that since this is Oklahoma where we don't know how to handle snow, I have't been able to really leave the house for nearly a week. The good news is that weather enforced house arrests are apparently good for slogging through confusing software blockades. So, at long last, we finally have one of our original skins back. I know dark devil wasn't the highest up on most people's wishlist of skins to be brought back, but it was the one I knew would be the easiest to convert and if I tried to tackle reskinning by handling the tougher ones first this would never get done.

Now I don't want the reappearance of this skin to get anyone too excited. Even as the "easiest" of the bunch, it still took me about 10-12 hours to get this one finished and I don't think I learned enough from the process to believe the next will be easier going. Getting more skins added is going to be a slow process, and they're going to continue to be tackled in the order of their complexity and not their popularity. The Alice skin is not next on that hierarchy, though it's not at the end either. I'm not going to give an ETA for any of the returning skins, or announce the order of their return as I just don't know. As I'm the forum's only skinner and this process is incredibly time consuming, it's all about finding enough time.

Now given that the process of adapting this skin has been one of trial and error, I would not be surprised if there were sections I missed resulting in impossible to read too-dark-on-dark/too-pale-on-pale text or things that don't match up with the color scheme (specifically, if you see green text anywhere, let me know!). If you run across this anywhere, please contact me either by PM or a comment on my profile with as much detail as possible. Screenshots would be best, but no worries if that can't be managed.

Thanks for your patience guys!