Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Venneh

Springtime Playfulness

Green and brown musks, coconut husk, wisteria, lemongrass, hydrangea, cranberry, woody sandalwood, and ripe squash.

In the bottle, this is green musk, cranberry, wisteria and hydrangea, just a very bright, very playful scent. On my skin, green musk and cranberry and wisteria and hydrangea, though the coconut husk and brown musk appear to be coming out. We'll see what this does... Sadly, the coconut husk and brown musk and sandalwood come out and overtake the rest of the scent. I wish the wet stage had been the final drydown for me. :(

Springtime Playfulness - When this is wet, I absolutely adore it. It's fresh and bright and fruity and has tons of green musk (a very favorite note of mine) -- the lemongrass and cranberry are also quite dominant. There's something fairly powdery in it, and I can't help but wonder if it has a bit of orris in it, too. As it warms up on my skin, I can also smell the coconut husk, sandalwood, and brown musk, and it's really pretty -- the woody scents compliment the other bright, juicy notes perfectly. Once it dries down completely, the throw fades significantly, and the brightness also dissipates, and there's another note that's kind of strange and flat and weird on my skin. I didn't recognize it and couldn't identify it for the life of me, so when I had the chance to look up the scent description, I realized it must be the squash. Whatever it is, it's odd on my skin, almost rancid. However, that initial wet burst of sweet green musk, lemongrass, and cranberry is so awesome that I'm going to hang on to this and use it in my scent locket. :wub2: It's going to be perfect for spring and summer wear.

I get sweet(almost juicy) fruits, strong coconut, soft florals and some green musk in the background. I think this will make a wonderful summer blend.

a sweet light juicy cranberry, with a little something else I can't identify, maybe like an almond paste, and coconut.

Get this if you like Lovers in a Carp Steamer

ETA: one of the few BPAL that my husband likes. He said it smells like fruit.

Edited by Megank4

I'll admit that I chose an imp of this one because I was curious about what the ripe squash would smell like. I could smell it in the imp, but not on my skin. Instead, it's a really nice blend of musk, wysteria, hydrangia, and berries with just a hint of wood. Not at all what I thought it would be.

Playful, indeed.

The combination of musk, lemongrass, and cranberry takes this blend to a similar place to Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues (serpentine green herbs, glistening red currant, sparkling yellow lemon rind, green musk, lime, and snakeskin) on me, but the coconut and sandalwood turn it a bit creamier and warmer. Very pretty and definitely springlike, but not essential for me, since I already have a bottle of Serpents.

I had such high hopes for this because I love wisteria, but on my skin the lemongrass basically strangles it and all the other elements. I can tell there's a really pretty spring floral underneath all the deathly sharp lemongrass, but it's been trampled beyond recognition.

I was hoping that this would be like Lovers in a Carp Streamer or The Hamptons (both smell similar on me - playful, rich, juicy cranberry) with the addition of coconut and wisteria. Unfortunately, the lemongrass does its usual amping of doom on me and makes the cranberry turn pretty sour on my skin. It starts off very bright and fruity and then dries down to more of a perfumey floral with hints of fruit. The sandalwood and coconut husk are a slightly powdery, slightly sweet, woody base to the clean floral and tart fruitiness.

Springtime Playfulness isn't the stunner that I was hoping it would be, but it's not bad. I don't think that it's something that I'll personally be wearing a lot, but I can see its appeal.

And, on a side note, it made me think to try layering Lovers in a Carp Streamer with Harigata II, and that is a lovely combo on me <3.

mmmm...wet this is a juicy cright cranberry scent. Yum! As it dries the florals start to come out along with the musks (lightly) and something I can't quite put my finger on. I think perhaps it's the squash note. I get very little to no coconut husk or lemongrass (surprisingly!).

It's a very confusing blend, but extremely pretty. I actually like this a lot more than I expected. It's youtherful and fresh, without being girly or too young smelling. I think this would make a lovely scent for Spring (the name is definitely fitting!) and though I need to try a couple more times to be sure, I might end up having to get a bottle. :)

Bottle: Very bright and juicy, however there's like... Crayon in the background or something. I think it might be the coconut husk.

Wet on Skin: Way more powdery on the skin than expected, seems like the drier scents come out. The cranberry cuts through all of that, though.

Dry: A lot of the juicyness disappears, reminds me of kind of a light Tiki King, but less buttery.

Overall: 3/5. I wish it had less of the dryness in the blend. It's kind of odd... Still considering a bottle though to see if it ages.

This dried to a pretty strong floral perfume on me which was very different than when first applied. The only note I am able to detect is the sandalwood, it's blended very well - there's something sweet but a little sour, maybe the cranberry. Not my thing at all though, sadly. :(

This is a bright girly scent. A mishmash of sweet and tart, mostly; nothing stands out above the others. Coconut husk, musks and sandalwood must be anchoring everything because I can't pick them out. On the early drydown I do get squash blossoms, or at least a memory of the time I tried growing pumpkins and got no fruit - just huge, magnificent smelling blossoms.

Pretty, but not for me.

bottle: wow! coconut, cranberry, bright musk! gorgeous!

wet: this almost has a medicinal scent while it's wet, not unpleasant but it reminds me greatly of the chewable vitamin c tablets i was always forced to consume as a child... might be the cranberry.

dry: this dries much more floral than i was expecting. the medicinal scent is gone but the florals are pretty dominant. will break this out again in the summer to see what i think then.

Wet, fresh fruity floral, with the emphasis on the 'fruity'. Dry, still the fruit dominates, and I had to take a peek to see what fruit it is, as it is sure amping on me. Cranberry it is, with a bit of dusty musk showing itself off and on. My skin loves the cranberry for sure, and it's not really my thing. I probably would have been all over this 10 years ago, but I've grown out of fresh and fruity. I can see how some may like this for the summer months.

Springtime Playfulness should be something of an epic failure for me. Coconut, wisteria and brown musk are all notes that don't play well with me.

Imagine my surprise at the fresh, fruity floral explosion on wet. Definitely the lemongrass and the cranberry. As it dries some of the musk comes out, and the cranberry tempers whatever floral edge there is. Bright, fresh, fruits with whiffs of sandalwood and musk.

Seems like a winner for the summer months.

ITI: Wow, it’s clearly berries on first sniff. The cranberries are ripe and ready for eating. The longer I sniff, the more I can make out faint wisteria and some muskiness. It’s interesting and sweet, although not overpoweringly so. I was hoping to smell some squash here, but I don’t get any of the other notes save the ones I already mentioned.

Wet: Heavy cranberry and sweet coconut with clear undernotes of hydrangea and musk. It is rather sweet on my skin so I hope that goes away on dry down.

Dry: It smells like faint cranberries, musk, and the weakest impression of coconut possible. It doesn’t last long on my skin at all – about two hours until it is this faint.

I love the cranberry note, and this is very strongly cranberry in the bottle on wet on my skin. As it dries, I can definitely catch the green musk from Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues, along with the florals. I can't differentiate the wisteria from the hydrangea, but what I smell is an almost watery, light floral. No sandalwood apparent on me, and the lemongrass is hiding, which is strange because citrus usually likes my skin. Pretty and very evocative of its name.