Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rubbed sage, ti leaf, osmanthus, immortelle, patchouli, amber, and mandarin.

Festival Mask - This is a pretty scent. It's mostly amber and patchouli on me, but the patchouli isn't a strong, heavy, dirty patchouli, it's balanced very nicely by the sage and ti leaf. The immortelle, like the sage, gives this blend a bit of a dry, herbal scent, and blends beautifully with the other notes. The mandarin is present initially, but it wicks off my skin fairly quickly, and is barely discernible upon drydown. Overall, this is a pretty, dry, asian scent.

I get the sage and also a green leafy scent which must be the ti leaf, slight fruitiness, patchouli and soft amber. This one started out strong on the patchouli but it settled down after a short while, the sage amps with time. Not something I would wear but I find it very interesting.

I get a little burst of sweet orange when I first put this on, but it quickly dries down to powdery amber, dry & earthy brown patchouli, and pale green, dry, herbal sage. It's a very dry scent that's almost a little oakmoss-y on me for a bit. Baby powder, dry herbs, and dry earth. It's something that I'd probably like more in an oil warmer or massage oil rather than a perfume oil.

Remember those 90s Herbal Essences commercials, "she has the urge to herbal"? Obviously my skin had an urge to herbal with Festival Mask because all it lets me get is stomping sage and bitter tea leaf with bits of citrus and patchouli somewhere in there wishing they could make their presence known. The amber and flowers didn't even stand a chance over the sage amping so much. I wanted to love this because I have a thing for masks, but all my chemistry wanted to do was herbal.

Edited by Invidiana

This is herbal patchouli. It's woody, and herbal, and I think this would be a great GUY scent. Clean, woody, slight whiffs of fruit/herbs.

bottle: i can catch hints of patchouli with an herby sweetness.

wet: this is a very sweet, very soft patchouli. it's not terribly strong but patchouli lovers (like myself) will like it.

dry: this has a clean, herbal scent over patchouli and amber. incredibly gorgeous.

Wet, strong patchouli and vetiver. Dry, the vetiver fades, but maybe it's just the strong patch that's giving me the vetiver similarities. Dry, very much like Tricksy, a warm delicious patchouli, though this is slightly more dry and woody to me. Though I like this, it is too similar to Tricksy to warrant a bottle purchase.

Wanted to try this for such a long time!

A green, even gold-toned scent. Shimmery gold, warmth provided by the amber, patchouli and mandarin. The greener notes giving it sappy and near-spicy undertones. Reminds me a touch of rome and even Jareth. that said, it's more masculine thanks to the sort of woodsy-greeness. It's lovely!!

the vetiver, though faded a bunch still kills this for me, but I definately recommend this to anyone who's into just some of the notes.