Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lamenteuse

Couple Engaged in Lovemaking

Honey, lemongrass, black tea, white ginger, and grains.

ITI: Wow, it's a bit much on first sniff. I get very strong honey, hops (grains), and ginger. It reminds me of a mouse net for some reason.

Wet: Honey, wet grain, and pickled ginger. I still have this overarching urge to wash my wrist. In fact, my husband rolls down the windows of the car because the scent is overpowering and not something either of us enjoy.

Dry: Honey and wet grain with spicy ginger powder in the background. It's better dry, but not enough to make me want to keep it.

Bottle: It makes my nose wrinkle. I can't really smell anything in particular because of it.

Wet: Ginger! Oh my, sharp ginger.

Drying: And now lemongrass! At this point, it's almost too sour to deal with. Everytime I sniff it, it just makes my nose scrunch.

Dry: Lemony tea with a bit of spice remaining from the ginger. Mostly, though, black tea. I smell no honey, but the grain is strong enough to start giving me a bit of a headache. And here I was worried about the honey doing that!

Verdict: In small doses, this is wearable. But overall, it's just not my type of scent.

(Also: it's gone within fifteen minutes. All I can smell if I put my nose to skin in the faintest whiff of a lemon-y scent having been there)

In the bottle: Grains & spice. This seems at risk of going gingerbready. SIGH.

On skin, wet: Definitely gingerbready. ARGH! Why must spices do this to me?

On skin, dry: And now for some reason it's almost entirely lemongrass. There's a bit of sweetness, presumably honey, but mostly it's lemongrass.

After an hour: Alas, the lemongrass went bye-bye and the gingerbready scent took over again. There's still a little hint of coolness underneath, but it's too faint to even tell if it's lemongrass or tea. Sadness! I had such high hopes! My black tea dream scent continues to elude me.

I am not entirely sure why I haven't ever tried this before. Maybe it seemed like nothing special by the description and other Shungas won out.

ANYWAY. Yeah, in the bottle I smell those grains, and it's an odd smell. But I tend to uncap, sniff the cap... then keep sniffing. It's like as the air hits it, the scent changes and you can smell everything in it.

The only thing I can't pick out is the ginger, but I'm sure it's there. I get this gentle lemon fragrance - not at all sharp. The honey is there, and that and the grains keep it wonderfully... warm? Round? The black tea lends this sophistication to it, and I dunno... it's just this glorious, sunshiney, gentle scent that clings to you like you were rolling around in a field of lemon blossoms.

I love it.