Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tangerine, black currant, white musk, honey, and tagetes.

When I first apply this the tagetes & white honey have this really bad smell when combined together. I am pretty sure it's just my skin chemistry, but I have to agree with other reviewers. This just smells foul.

This starts out as a lovely honey and tangerine smell, then the tagetes and currant morph the whole scent into a very smutty orange. It's musky, it's dirty, and I'm afraid it's not for me.

Just when I think there are defintely notes that I can't stand (white musk) or that do not work on me at all (honey), BPAL comes up with a blend that turns those notions on their heads.

Biwa is GORGEOUS, all soft honeyed loveliness. It's a snuggly skin scent which has pretty good lasting power...and I will be hunting down a bottle for sure.

In the bottle and wet: tangerine socks. Huh?

As it dries, the white musk comes out but SHOCKiNGLY doesn't take over. Who'd have thought? Interesting, but I'm not sure...there is something lurking there my skin doesn't like. I've successfully worn black currant before, but maybe not in this blend?

Strange. Combination of tagates and white musk maybe? Just odd. Not juicy at all, the tangerine brightness is all hidden. This isn't bad, it's alluring in that I keep sniffing, trying to figure it out. But it definitely isnt straightforward, that's for sure!

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet!

Wet, it is pretty much tangerine, currant and honey combining to make the smell of...wow, this is gonna sound bad. Edible lady-bits? Like if they used female genitalia to scent honey.

It dries into this gorgeous honey with a hint of citrus/musk sexy bee-pollen (from the floral aspect) smell... Mostly honey on me, but I amp sweet smells. It has low-average throw and AMAZING wear length. I can smell this the next day if I don't accidentally rub it off. I can definitely see why people might be put off as it's very, ah, organic. If I think about lady-bits I can definitely smell them in it, no matter how dry. Still, since I doubt most people go around thinking about vaginas and sniffing people, I should be safe. I've gotten lots of compliments on it, but no "eww!".

This is one of my absolute favourites, and a very unique smell. Glad I went against the majority of the reviews and gave it a try.

In the decant: Mostly musk. Don't really pick up anything fruity or sweet.

On skin, wet: Musky and maybe just a touch of honey. Not entirely sure what tagetes smells like, but there is another note in here that I can't quite pin down, I guess it could be that.

On skin, dry: Aw, baby powder city. :(

After an hour: Baby powder and a very faint, very occasional hint of that mystery note from before. NOT a winner.

In the bottle - Sweet musky honey

Wet on me - Warm, clean honey with a slightly animalistic musk undercurrent and the nearest hint of citrus

Dry on me - Weird, sweet and milky, but also animalistic

Overall - This just kept kicking back an animalistic note that was just too much for me