Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HerbGirl

Nude Woman Reclining

Calla lily, honeysuckle, Turkish jasmine, ambrette seed, galbanum, iris, and bourbon vanilla.

Oh wow...I've never been first to review!

I did not like this at all when I applied it this morning...not at all. Something was too sharp, or bitter, or both.

THEN an hour went by and I started wondering what was smelling glorious: yup, it was Nude Woman Reclining.

Wet - sharp, biting florals with something musky (ambrette seed?) lurking in the background...not good...

Honeysuckle identifies herself after about an hour and is perfectly balanced by the Galbanum and Vanilla (a hint of green and some cream).

There's a hint of Jasmine (a clean Jasmine though) here and the muskiness is enveloping the entire perfume like a cozy scarf...

THIS is a perfume, folks. I feel weird posting a similarity, but: does anyone remember the amazing discontinued Mania (for women) with the black cap? This doesn't smell identical, but it gives off the same vibe. Mania is still one of my favorite perfumes, and I would say that Nude Woman Reclining outshines the Armani...buries it, in fact.

This perfume gets a 5++/5 for me. Multiple bottle purchase for certain.

In the bottle, this is similar to Bearded Lady, only with a darker note and not as powdery. On my skin, much the same as Bearded Lady, a delicate floral only with a lot more depth due to the galbanum and ambrette seed, and no powder. Like, a Bearded Man, more like.

Edited by Venneh

Wet: oooh boy. I knew I should have bought a bottle of this right of the bat. Next order! Calla lily is of course dominant here, honeysuckle is sweet and wonderfully complimentary to it. The jasmine is actually only slight on me..? Bourbon vanilla is the one that starts to appear the fastest. I can't tell you how surprised I am by that.

Drydown: this turns creamier, sweeter, and muskier. Strange because the ambrette seed can be a nightmare on my skin occasionally. The galbanum develops as well. This is just gorgeous.Sweet, heady, seductive florals, bourbon vanilla, and warm amber.

Nude Woman Reclining - This opens up with a blast of calla lily and honeysuckle, plus a little drop of jasmine. It's very much a heady floral, almost overwhelming. But as it dries down, the florals settle down, and while it's still obviously a floral scent, it's not nearly as overwhelming as it is initially. About 45 minutes into the wear time, it suddenly changes, and the florals are barely discernible and the scent takes on a sweet musky quality and the vanilla begins to spread a warm glow over my skin, and it's like a completely different scent than it was when first applied. At this point in the wear, I can't stop sniffing my wrists. The florals are very subtle and it's mostly a sweet, musky vanilla and very, very pretty. Amazing how this one morphs! I really love the end product, but not sure I can handle the first 45 minutes of heady florals.

Edited by Edens Sixth Day

Initially I get strong, heady florals and some tartness, shortly after, the honeysuckle, lily and jasmine start to peek out. Dries to a heady and slightly musky honeysuckle blend.

First on, this is like a scary, heavy dose of perfumey floral. The iris is very musky/sharp on my skin, and the honeysuckle's sweetness tries to calm it down, but really doesn't help matters much. I smell hints of jasmine every once in a while, but not tons of jasmine. Mostly it's warm, perfumey/musky floral with a bit of honeysuckle sweetness.

This has some similar notes to The Waltz of the Flowers (which I love), but the iris and honeysuckle make this a bit too intensely floral for me. I like this scent after about an hour on my skin, where it's more powdery, sweet vanilla, but I don't want to sit through an hour of perfumey floral to get to that stage.

Florals with a really sharp herbal scent (whoa galbanum!) at first. But after an hour? OMG I love this!

Beautiful calla lily, honeysuckle and iris with just a tiny, tiny hint of vanilla and musk. None of the sour jasmine I was dreading. So, so pretty!

Must get a bottle! :wub2:

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: Honeysuckle will always grab my attention. And ambrette seed is the only note that might be problematic, so it's worth a try.

In the vial: Oh, poo. It's almost pure amber with a boozy undertone. This bodes ill; I can't make out any of the florals at all.

Wet: Amber, amber, amber. And did I mention amber? There's the slightest dusty tinge in the background that could be the lily or iris, maybe.

Drydown: It slowly develops into a floral amber.

Verdict: Mental note - ambrette seed is indeed pretty much amber as far as my skin chemistry is concerned. And not a scent for me.

Edited by puck_nc

Wet: I am getting a dry floral scent (calla lily?) that is quite pleasant. At this stage though, I wish I could smell more of the vanilla!

Drying: It smells quite like real flowers! It has the lovely fragrance of the flower as well as a dryness that I associate with real flowers as opposed to floral perfume. Sadly it is also starting to smell a bit like sunscreen on me. Noooo!

Hmmmm, sadly I never get any of the vanilla. *sigh* I might keep this one around a bit longer though and see how it ages...

Vanillaaa, where are you? Wherever the vanilla is--and I normally amp the stuff!--I can't pick it out because some ghastly cat pee jasmine, as BPAL jasmine often turns out on my skin, and sneezy honeysuckle stomp all over it. If it wasn't for those two partners in crime I think I would have been in love with this.

I'm actually a little shocked with this one. I never imagined I would find a jasmine I could wear, but this seems to be it. This is a LOT of flowers for me, and normally I do not enjoy anything remotely floral, but this is actually quite nice on me. It's definitely a grown-up floral, but it's not too heady or cloying. I think the calla keeps it from going screaming. If there's vanilla in here, it's extremely faint on my skin, but even that's ok. I'll keep the decant, I don't think I'll be needing a bottle.

damn, this smells like sour-booze soaked flowers on me. i was hoping for more iris and vanilla, but i seem to be getting lily? i think which, combined with the other white florals, is turning quite sour. i often have problems with white florals, and this is no exception. it kind of smells like perm solution on my skin...wtf skin chemistry?!

Edited by theseagrows

Nude Woman Reclining does remind me vaguely to the Bearded Lady - I get a mishmash of floral notes, over which honeysuckle is the most prevalent. I can smell the warm vanilla base.

This scent is womanly, heady and sophisticated. It's definitely a mature woman, secure within her own feminine power.

In the decant: Something's a bit sour and off-putting. Probably the calla lily.

Wet: Now it's morphed into something a bit sharpish. Maybe the iris.

The dry-down: Now getting a bit of the honeysuckle, jasmine, and vanilla, but that's a bit long to wait for those notes. I was half-convinced this wouldn't work on me because of the lily and the iris, but wanted to test it anyhow because of the honeysuckle. It's not a bad floral scent in the end.

I thought for sure there was rose here, but it must be something else. This starts out for me as a muted rose and dried to a lovely amber-like floral. Usually heady florals bother me, but something is holding them off. I'm detecting a bit of bourbon vanilla here, but it morphs back an forth between the florals. It is still a bit too floral to me, though I do get a hint of the lovely vanilla, though for some reason bourbon vanilla is shy on me. Other vanilla's are not. Nice to try though!

ITI: I get calla lilies very strongly on the first sniff, although the jasmine is not far behind. There is something sweet, like currant, that I can’t place yet. The ambrette seed follows, lending the scent a muskiness that I imagine would be fitting for a knavishly appointed room in which an oil painting would be created.

Wet: Hmm, there is still something here that reads overtly sweet and a little like cough medicine. I get more musk on my skin and I can finally detect a little vanilla. The flowers have taken center stage to this medicinal, sweet, musky conglomeration that this scent has become.

Dry: It’s much better when dry, although there is still a bit of that odd sweetness peaking through the muskiness of the ambrette and the vanilla. However, I welcome the presence of the honeysuckle, yum!