Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

She Who Blesses Brides
White rose, apple blossom, spun sugar, mango, cucumber, freesia, coconut, and lavender.

If you are a fan of the Tikis, odds are good you'll enjoy Nymphia.

It started off very coconut-heavy (sweet, fruity drink coconut). Mango was instantly noticeable, as well. As it dries, the other notes start to poke out. The coconut and the mango are still prominent, but they relax into a creamy-sweet, less potent form. The rose isn't obvious, but serves as a base note, with the apple blossom peeking out every once in a while. The spun sugar gives it a general sort of sweetness, rather than CANDY.

Overall, on me, this is like Katrina Von Tassel took a tropical vacation. Sweet without being candy-like, fruity and creamy florals.

Nymphia - I think this was, for me, the surprise hit of the Lupercalia update. I didn't expect to like it because neither lavender nor apple blossom works for me, and it's only the very, very rare case when I can tolerate either of them. I was amazed at how delicious this scent is, despite the obvious lavender in it. It opens up as a super sweet sugary scent, so heavy on the spun sugar that it reminded me of last summer's Rosy Maple. Behind the spun sugar is the coconut and lavender, and those three notes take center stage in this blend, but with the addition of the florals and the fresh sweetness of the cucumber, the coconut doesn't take over and the lavender behaves amazingly wonderfully. There's a hint of a tropical sweetness about this scent from the mango, but more than anything, it's a fresh, clean, super-sugary fruity-floral that's going to be absolutely perfect for late-spring and summertime wear.

In the bottle, this is all coconut, lavender, and mango. And it's kinda triggering my gag reflex. Light application. On my skin, mango and coconut and apple and sugar. Not nearly as gag inducing on my skin, but still not my thing.

Nymphia is all kinds of beautiful. I pick up on the mango, spun sugar, coconut and rose more than anything. Sweet deliciousness. The rose might be a headache inducer for me though, as other BPALs with rose in them tend to be. I'll give Nymphia a few more tries and see because I really adore this scent.

I bought this bottle because I couldn't resist that Nymphia is "she who blesses brides". I am getting married in July and it just seemed appropriate. Based on the description, I wasn't sure whether I would like it because I don't wear alot of florals.

In the bottle, I got Lavender, rose and coconut. Wet on my skin it was all coconut/mango to the point that my fiance couldn't smell anything else in the room but that. LOL! I can only describe it akin to spilling a pina colada on myself (alcohol and all). As it dried down the coconut mellowed alot and it really takes on the spun sugar with light florals. I like this one way more than I thought it would, but I like it best when it has had a little bit of time to soak in.

In the decant, this was a beautiful scent. And I used to do quite well with rose, especially white rose scents. Not Anymore. Didn't get the coconut or lavender at all. The white rose amped like whoa until it was almost a single note. Stupid skin chemistry!

But in the decant? Gorgeous.

Overwhelmingly coconut and sugar at first, and pretty much for the first two hours. It's just now calming down and allowing the other scents to come through. Thinking I smell a little lavender, and I'm hoping that the apple blossom and freesia make an appearance.

A very pretty, almost summertime, scent.

This is one of those scents that reminds me that even though I think I know what works for me and what I like there are still lots of surprises in the bpaliverse.

In the imp it smelled like something I would want to drink, sort of fresh and almost butterscotchy. I don't usually like things fruity or foody but it was compelling nonetheless.

Rose is usually a death note for me. Somehow it's subdued and mellow enough in this blend that I didn't even realize it was in here until I looked at the notes.

Skin testing impressions - this smells fresh and sweet and fun while not being super fruity or overwhelmingly sugary or candy-like. The freshness is likely the mango, cucumber and coconut. It's a great combination. The spun sugar gives it some sweetness but the apple blossom and lavender help to keep it from going over the top. I'm actually really enjoying this. I really love what cucumber is contributing to this blend. It has a decent strength and throw and it's just really pretty and fresh. This scent has an uplifting effect on my mood too, which is a great bonus.

Wet: Hi, we're florals and we're here to take over your skin. Floral-fruit with an undertone of coconut. I reminds me of Titania with a little bit of coconut underneath.

Dry: Coconut-ish powder and sugar with a little of the fruity floral still. Very comfy smelling. I kind of want to buy a bottle and hide it away for weddings, because it smells like a perfect wedding scent. Calm and comfortable, but still very pretty.

Soft, sweet, floral. I usually find freesia to be overpowering, but Nymphia is delightfully feminine without the unpleasantness I usually find in florals. After it dries down, Nymphia is predominantly apple blossom with hints of white rose. I would definitely classify this as a spring scent.

Sweet, fruity, sharp and heavy... I really enjoy the mix of coconut and lavender here, it is at once both wet and lush but sharp and high pitched. The other notes emphasize this juxtaposition... the fruits add juicy depth while the florals buzz around the top notes. The entire thing is very very sweet as well. Over time I found this just a little too sharp and too sweet for my usual tastes, but it is very pretty.

Coconut, mango, and sugar. That's all I got. I smelled like a tropical drink (not that that's bad). My hairdresser said I smelled so good she didn't want to step away from my chair. It's not my usual kind of scent, but I do :heart: a compliment!

Nymphia is a rather pretty, girly, sweetened rose & lavender sort of scent on me. The lavender and coconut are strongest in the bottle and on my skin at first, with the lavender smelling cool and creamy and the coconut giving it a sweeter, tropical edge. As it dries down, I'm getting more of the soft white rose and spun sugar, and the coconut disappears.

It smells like pink roses dusted with powdered sugar and reminds me a bit of Pink Snowballs.

I can't pick out the apple blossom, mango, or cucumber at all.

Bpal's rose notes amp up on my skin, so I get a good amount of the rose here, but I do like this scent. I probably don't need a full bottle, but I'll keep my decant.

Wet, Nymphia smells sharp to me, so much so that I almost didn't skin test.

On my skin, however, this is identical to the much beloved Tiki Princess. I mean IDENTICAL.

Nymphia is a very nuanced blend, difficult to describe. It is very feminine and lovely. I can pick out the coconut, mango and lavender right away, the other notes fade into the background but do not disappear. This is quite different from the scents I usually like (I'm a heavy floral girl), but I am keeping it regardless. Initially it was very sharp but that wore off quickly and I'm glad I waited.

It isn't one of the ones that just explodes on me, it's a gentle throw. The only thing I don't like about it is the lavender, but that's kept to a minimum and isn't a dealbreaker here. I can totally see wearing this at a wedding. When you first apply it, it's sort of fruity, but on me anyway (my skin makes everything smell sort of dry and sandalwoody), it isn't all that sweet. It dries down to a very soft, gentle coconut floral. The coconut is almost dainty in this, and doesn't seem to do that weird stomach turn thing that coconut sometimes does. The overall effect is like white spun clouds of sugar and musk- but without actually being "sugary". Curious.

I get sweet, soft coconut, soft white rose, lavender and a fresh, slightly watery-feel coming from the freesia, mango and cucumber. Sadly, the freesia amps and get a bit sharp on me for a while. Overall, I find it too soft and it sadly didn’t last very long.

Coconut and mango form a creamy tropical smoothie scent against a sugared background of

apple blossom, white rose, freesia, and cucumber. A soft lavender note peeps out occasionally.

Nymphia dries down to a candied white rose scent.

This smells like ambrosia. I mean that it smells like delicious fruit salad, but

it could also be the nectar of the gods. Nymphia would be the beach drink of the gods. B)

Nymphia is an excellent mood booster. The combination of bright, uplifting notes and the many compliments I have received on this scent certainly keeps me in good spirits.

Edited by Amaranthus

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: A lot of different scents that I enjoy all rolled into one...had to try the wild experiment.

In the vial: Sweet, sugary coconut warring with the lavender. I have a favorite perfume from a different company that is a sweet lavender, but the combo works there smoothly. It jars in this blend for some reason, but I can't pinpoint which note is misbehaving.

Wet: A bit more of a medley than a cacophony on my skin. I'm getting the mango now and some apple blossom, turning it into a tropical scent. Whoever mentioned the Tikis, I agree that this one has the same feel.

Drydown: Rose has more often been a problem on my skin, and it's trying to become a problem now. Underneath the coconut and mango it threatens to erupt in an ugly green stank.

Verdict: For someone who has no trouble with rose, this would be a lovely light tropical scent. But it's just not quite there for me.

Something with apple blossom that doesn't go to cheap floral soap on me. This really is a miracle.

Nymphia was really a pleasant surprise. I was expecting my skin to produce some nasty combination of cloying mango and cheap floral soap out of it; instead, I get this lovely airy spring floral with some juiciness from the mango and exotic creaminess from the coconut, plus a yummy candylike quality from the spun sugar. The lavender touches it with a dreamy effect that I can imagine evokes a bride or wedding day. Thankfully I barely get the cucumber; just a hint of something cool but not cucumber per se. Really odd how one I really expected to fail worked so splendidly; bottleworthy for sure!

This is the only Luper of which I'm definitely ordering a second bottle. It's mindblowingly lovely. The notes all play together well, and although rose always dominates on my skin, the other notes in Nymphia manage to stick around, too. It's very sweet, but somehow not cloying -- I think that the cucumber and lavender keep it somewhat grounded. Definitely one of my new all-time BPAL faves.

This is a sweet & pretty scent. I mostly get apple blossom and sugar, with very light mango/coconut/cucumber. It reminds me quite a bit of Agape, tho not as creamy. It has a pale pink smell to my nose. A definite spring and early summer scent.

In the bottle: Difficult to discern single notes, as though it seems that they are all present.

Wet: There's a sharpness, probably from the freesia or the lavender or the cucumber. Otherwise, this is a pleasant combination of apple blossom, sugar, and white rose.

The dry-down: This just ends up as a bit of a mess on my skin, a nice mess, mind you, but still a bit of a mess. The white rose does not dominate as expected, nor does the coconut. It could be a good spring-time scent, but not one that I will reach for a lot. I'm hoping some aging will help, as I usually love any BPAL scent with lots of white rose or coconut.

Nymphia is amazing. I didn't think much of it in the vial so I didn't try it for awhile. I don't know what the heck my problem was because seriously, Nymphia is so good. It's got a ... melony-something (mango?) note that smells like a tropical Starburst. I smell the lavender and it seems like lavender should not work here but it's so good! The notes swirl together--florals and fruits and sugar and they make me feel giddy. Some may find it too sugary-sweet/foody, but I love it. I like that it's not a complete sugar rush like many of my other BPAL faves, but still has a lot of the foody qualities that I enjoy. Brilliant and definitely bottle-worthy.

I had to try this, because.. mango. I have extreme love for mango. So even though I figured the white rose would spoil everything (I do not have extreme love for rose), I gave it a shot. Well.. what a surprise! This is extraordinarily pretty - and I am very happy to report that the mango is here! Nymphia and Ushi both have the same gorgeous sweet and rich mango nectar- like note, but in Nymphia it's softened into something very creamy in feel - that's probably the influence of coconut and perhaps the waxiness of apple blossom.

This is so well blended, that it's actually hard to pinpoint individual notes. I think the mango and coconut are most prominent, but the spun sugar is quite noticeable as a top note - it's not toothachingly sweet, it's quite a subtle sweetness but very very nice. Although I think this is a creamy smell, it's still quite fresh with the cucumber. The white rose is so subtle that I can hardly find it, and I honestly can't smell any lavender in here at all. It does have a tropical vibe to it, but nowhere near as full-on as the Atomic Luau Lounge blends or Tiki Princess - it's just a hint of tropical.

Hmm.. wait a sec - 30 minutes in, and the white rose has come out a lot more. Not to the point where it's amped over everything else (as rose tends to do on me), but it has interrupted the nice sweet creaminess a bit.

Nymphia really is very very pretty - sweet, creamy, slightly tropical, fresh and clean. It's the perfect sunny spring day smell, but it also has some depth to it that presents as slightly sensuos. If you enjoy blends like The Girl and Vasilissa, you're going to love this.