Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Warlike
Dragon's blood resin, pimento berry, olive wood, rosemary, black cherry, persimmon, red musk, and red rose.

Mmm, this is lovely. I get mostly black cherries, rose and red musk... and that's fine by me!

It's a dark perfume that definitely changes during the drydown. The flowers lift and it becomes a throbbingly sensual blend. Nom.

Areia is difficult for me to describe, because it smells so strange on me. I can definitely pick out the cherry at first, something a bit spicy (maybe slightly like a very muted cinnamon, but not quite), and a strange dry wood smell that's a bit salty and a bit smoky. Something about it is almost plastic-y and unpleasant as it dries down. I think I can pick out a hint of red rose after a while, but I'd never notice it if I wasn't actively looking for it. Mostly this is a weird, dry, smoky wood and slightly spiced, plastic-y fruitiness.

I was hoping that the dragon's blood, cherry, and red musk would combine into this rich, heavy, super-red, sexy scent, but I can't smell any red musk and I don't get much dragon's blood. The scent is surprisingly light and doesn't have much throw at all on me, even when I slather it on. I don't really this scent at all, so I'm glad it's not stronger...

I get sweet and juicy black cherry, fruity red musk, soft dragon's blood and some soft spiciness from the pimento berry, as it dries I get soft (red?) rose and a faint hint of incense and wood, which amps a bit more with time. I like this one! It smells very "dark red" to me, complex, dark and fruity. ETA: Sadly (for me), the dragon's blood resin really amped up about 20 min. later and started to get a bit sickly sweet as it usually does on me.

Edited by cfrancesca

Areia - When first applied, this is a super-cherry-sweet red musk with a hint of dragon's blood. It's got depth and sexiness and sweetness and it's awesome. As it dries down, the sillage dissipates significantly and the olive wood becomes highly noticeable, and sadly, on my skin at least, the olive wood doesn't blend well at all with the other notes. It gives the scent a flat, almost leather-type of fragrance that reminds me of what it must smell when you gnaw on an old shoe sole. I mean, it's just a really weird scent on my skin after drydown. Fortunately, the overall fragrance is subtle enough that I don't feel the need to wash it off immediately, but that flat, dirty-shoe-sole weirdness is going to keep me from wearing this again, even if it does smell amazing fresh out of the bottle while it's still wet.

I don't know what happened with this. I was especting a lot of red musk, black cherry and dragon's blood but instead got blasting red rose with only a bit of a berry and rosemary undertone. My skin should have amped my favorite elements in this but for some reason it didn't. Iz confuzd.

In bottle: sweetened powder

On skin: lots of cherry, yum!

Half-hour later: cherry and dragon's blood, with soft and powdery rose

In conclusion: fruity cherry roses that doesn't hang around for long. I'd love some red musk with this, but pretty and wearable nonetheless.

This is a red red scent. I get lots of cherry, red rose, dragon's blood and red musk.

Like I said, red red red. The black cherry and dragon's blood sweeten the rose and musk. This a heady, womanly scent.

Not for me!

In the decant: Bright, fruity red smells. :)

Wet: Cherry, but not full-blown ripeness, held in check by red musk and and red rose.

The dry-down: Just a lovely and light cherry scent. All the other notes have combined to provide a base for the cherry, is a fresh cherry and not a candied cherry. May have to get a bottle of this.

When this first hit my skin, I got a big smack of red musk and dragon's blood with a slight warmth of wood.. I'm thinking ooh! this could be good!

Ten minutes later, I'm left with dragon's blood and cherry and rose. Like dragon's milk without the milk, kind of. The cherry is very nice though - it's not the cough medicine type of cherry, or the red/artificial kind of cherry - it's a deep dark luscious one.

Twenty minutes later, and it's all about the rose. Definitely a red rose - the deep, velvety kind - which is nice if you like rose, but rose is not my friend. I can smell the persimmon though - that's an interesting note, and if the stupid rose wasn't stomping all over it then I think it would be really lovely here. Berry.. hmm.. maaaaaaaaaybe, it's very subtle. The rosemary is a bit strange in this mix - it seems to be trying to find its place in amongst the fruits but it can't seem to settle.

Ultimately, this ends up being a very faint dragon's blood/cherry mix with a hint of red musk. It doesn't stay on my skin very long, but what I get is very enjoyable. But as interesting as Areia is, I don't think it would be a perfume I'd reach for - it's just not enthralling enough to hold my attention.

Wet, very fresh airy floral, you know the kind of floral that floral haters like. After a bit, it is still fresh and airy, but the red musk comes out to play. Very nice combination on me. The rose scared me off, but I don't get it here, but I think the cherry is providing the freshness. This kiiiind of reminds me of Hollywood Babylon. Not really my style, but it is quite nice.

In the bottle: Rich cherry primarily.

Immediately after application: It's stayed a nice rich cherry rather than going powdery the way cherry blossom does. I'm getting a touch of musk as well.

Warming up: Cherry musk.

Fading: Soft cherry.

Faded: Average throw, average wear.

Overall: I was hoping this might sate my need for Gothabilly but it was more of a soft cherry musk than a dark boozy cherry with heavy musk. Granted it didn't have any booze notes but it was much lighter than I had hoped.