Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
vowsatsea

White Chocolate Mango Buttercream

White chocolate mango buttercream.

In the bottle, this is a nice mix of white chocolate and mango, and I don't get much buttercream.

On, and wet it was ALL mango. It was actually more tart than I was expecting it to be. The white chocolate and the buttercream made it slightly less sharp, but not enough that I actually would call it a 'creamy' scent.

On, and dry - total plastic. My skin tends to do this to creamy scents. I'm not too upset, as I wasn't a total fan of what I smelled before the plastic took over.

On me this is just like the description. :wub2:

In the bottle I get mango and white chocolate but once it's dry on my skin the buttercream floats around in the back. My skin chemistry loves this one, the mango and white chocolate are equal partners and make this scent just delicious. This is rich and fruity, bright but smooth. Winner!

In the bottle this smells just like it is described, but very potent. I hate the scent wet on my skin because the mango is too prevelent and it smells odd with the white chocolate. However, it dries down nicely and the buttercream becomes more noticable and the mango & white chocolate are mild. It smells somewhat like spun sugar after a while. I like this one, but my skin eats it up quickly so I have to endure the "wet on the skin" scent that I dislike when I reapply. Perhaps this one just needs a little more time? I plan to hang on to it and wear it from time to time. Just not when I need something enduring. LOL

It smelled okay in the decant, mango with a touch of chocolate, but on my skin, this went horribly, horribly rancid. Had to wash it off.

This is perfect on me - the white chocolate note is the strongest (I really amp it for some reason) and the mango works so well with it. I get the buttercream also and all together the blend is just so sweet, creamy and delicious. I want to eat me!

I got mostly a nice mango with a bit of supporting white chocolate and/or buttercream on my skin. Of course, that was only at first. After an hour or so, it had done the usual fade to a plasticky scent that the Lab's Box of Chocolates scents do on me, and in about two hours it was all but impossible to detect anything.

Sad. The initial mango was kind of nice, but this scent was an overall fail on me.

I love mango scents so I was very curious about this scent. Wet, its lots of mango mixed with white chocolate. As it dries, the buttercream comes forward and mixes with the mango. I normally like sweet scents, but this is just a bit *too* sweet for me.

Edited by TheIceMaiden

I find this one a bit cloying, most likely due to the white chocolate, the sweet mango is there (though it’s softer than I’d imagined) with a touch of buttercream. The mango in here smells artificial to me, similar to mango candy.

This one was a surprise hit for me. I had no plans to even sniff it, but then I tried it on at will call and was pleasantly surprised! Sweet mango and a creamy base. Elegant and feminine. This reminded me a little of Tamamo No Mae and Autumn Moon on the Mirror Stand, but a touch simpler and more creamy. I'll probably wear it as a spring/summer scent.

Wet, this is a very pretty creamy mango with a tart edge. Unfortunately the plastic of doom starts to creep in quickly; it never gets as bad here as it has in some blends but it's still there. Dry, it's slightly plastic cream and mango but by this point the tartness has faded and it's become much too sweet. I can see how anyone who doesn't get that plasticness from blends like this would love this, though!

Pretty much exactly what it says -- the mango reminds me of a mango drink or smoothie, sweet and creamy. I was worried about the plastic of doom, as creamy notes have a history of going sort of flat and unpleasant on my skin, but I'm not getting that here. I really like the white chocolate buttercream aspect better than I expected to, it smells like it would be an amazing cupcake icing or something similar. My favorite box of chocolates scent is definitely Milk Chocolate Buttercream, and I find the note to be a bit similar. Whatever goes into these buttercream blends works on me a lot better than the straight up cream or chocolate blends. I like this much better than I expected to, and may have to track down a bit more of it. I don't think I have anything with such a prominent mango note, and I'm really enjoying it.

I get mostly mango, and then as it dries more white chocolate. I love the mango in this, and wish BPAL would use it more often. The only other scent I've gotten tons of mango from has been Corazon, but then the sage gave it a burnt, almost pizza herbs component to it.

I wish the mango stuck around and was stronger on the drydown, which makes me worry about aging with this blend as BPAL fruit notes take a real beating with aging.

Erm. Perhaps this is just an excuse to slather myself in this in the meantime? :lol:

When the original box of chocolates came out, my skin chemistry worked great with some (White Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Coconut and White Chocolate and Strawberry being the two major hits). Others, however, were realllllly bad on me. See my review for Milk Chocolate Buttercream, for example, which straight up smelled like blue cheese on me. Blue cheese! I love to eat it but not so much to smell like it.

Similarly, this year's box of chocolates has some that strike a bad note on me, and one of those is most definitely White Chocolate Mango Buttercream. I believe it's whatever makes it "buttercream" because the fruitiness of the mango is actually really nice. However, it's there and then gone within seconds, leaving me with a fake cheesey aroma :( More for the rest of you!

In the bottle, this smells yummy. Juicy, fresh, tropical mango and sweet, slightly salty buttercream.

On my skin, the fruitiness turns a bit sweeter and reminds me of hard candy more than actual fruit. And the buttercream is nonexistent on my skin, sadly, but I do smell lots of the creamy white chocolate for about the first half hour of wear.

The drydown after a half hour is almost all mango candy, though I do catch tiny whiffs of white chocolate every once in a while.

I'm not sure about this one. I like it more in the bottle than on my skin. It might be a bit too fruity/candied for my tastes. It's like tropical fruit hard candy...

Yup, mango and white chocolate! What else were you expecting? :lol:

I thought I liked mango scented things, but maybe that's more of my husband's love of tropical scents; they rarely work on me.. Not really my thing - pass!

I love mango. I'd like to live on Mango Island, where I would sleep in a bed made of mango - within a house made of mango, and if all I could eat for the rest of my life was mango.. I would be quite happy with that.

So I was really hoping for a lot of mango in this blend, and not so much the white chocolate/buttercream business. So can somebody please explain why this smells like coconut on my skin? :think:

I swear this is all white chocolate + coconut on me. If I try real hard, I can find the mango in there, but it's nowhere near as mango-y as I was hoping for. And I'm finding the white chocolate to be exactly the same variety that we had in the Box of Chocolates series, which isn't a bad thing but it's quite sweet and slightly cloying. So the lack of mango hit is disappointing, but that aside.. this is a lovely sweet tropical blend but with emphasis on the sweet.

This is much more bright and fruity than I thought it'd be. The mango takes over everything and really amps on my skin. I love mango, and this really smells like fresh mango slices.

It smells somewhat tropical too, with a milkiness that reminds me of a toned down version of coconut milk. I'm not a fan of coconut at all so that's a disappointment. There's no familiar buttercream note or anything that seems like that truffle type of filling. No creamy or heavy vanilla base, though there is an odd sweet note that must be the white chocolate. Usually white chocolate notes go powdery on me eventually but this one doesn't. At one point it goes sour for a short time, like milk that's on the cusp of expiring. Thankfully it's short lived though, and it dries down into a simple sweet base.

I wish I liked this more since the mango is really delicious. But I can't get past that strange coconut fragrance! I'll keep this in the hopes it'll age differently.

I thought I didn't like mango, but apparently, I do 'cause this is marvelous. Syrupy sweet and edible-smelling mango ove the Lab's chocolate note. Wish I'd bought multiples.

This is really yummy! Mango is one of those things I don't really like to eat that much but smells fabulous on me as a perfume. This is a nice sweet mango with just the right hint of tartness over a really creamy and slightly buttery white chocolate, which becomes more prominent as it dries down. It's going to be fabulous for summer.

Wow, at first the mango is so juicy! It reminds me of a hair product I used to use, that smelled so fresh and citrussy, though the name escapes me. The chocolate comes out, and it smells more like regular chocolate than white, and it's waxy, like Bonne Bell lip gloss. :( Still, the fruit fights through the chocolate, and it is quite fresh and realistic when the chocolate isn't amping. I like the mango, but the chocolate is just too fake and plasticy. I don't get any buttercream.

White Chocolate Mango Buttercream - Most sweet/foody/candy scents turn on my skin and smell rally gross. This one doesn't! :wub2: It smells delicious. It's candy-sweet and the mango gives it a really nice tropical-fruit flair. It doesn't last long at all - maybe 30 minutes at most, since there's nothing to fix it to my skin. But it's exciting to find another very rare candy scent that actually works on me!

In the bottle - A plasticky, slightly citrus fruit, I wouldn't have said mango, with a touch of the buttercream

Wet on me - Soft almost pineapple like fruit, I still wouldn't have said mango, with a buttercream background

Dry on me - On oddly dry sweet powdery mango

Overall - Didn't really work on me

Fruity cocoa butter. The sweet fresh mango blends nicely with a light chocolate cream. I could lick it up.