Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
AmandaArcana

Milk Chocolate, Raw Ginger, and Butterscotch

Milk chocolate, raw ginger, and butterscotch.

In the bottle: chocolate and ginger
On me wet: yummy ginger and chocolate, followed by rich butterscotch.
Dry: just like its says, ginger, chocolate, and butterscotch.

This is HEAVEN. Thick chocolate and the ginger gives a lovely light lemony sweetness. Butterscotch comes out on the drydown. I'm utterly in love.

A.

In the bottle, the ginger doesn't work for me. On my skin it still sings loudly, but the chocolate and butterscotch are catching up. Sweet and sexy. Nice.

This reminds me of last year's Milk Chocolate, Coconut, Cardamom, Rum, and Ginger Truffle, but its much better because it lacks the funky cardamon note. This is lots of fresh ginger, a little chocolate, and just a hint of butterscotch on the drydown. The ginger keeps it from being overly sweet, and the throw and wear-length are pretty good so far. I'm not sure if I'll need a full bottle as I have lots of other ginger scents I love, but the decant is a keeper. :)

I find this one heavy on the raw ginger but the milk chocolate and butterscotch soften it up a bit. Personally, I find it too cloying and I’m not a fan of raw ginger so it’s definite no for me.

This is intense! It's sooooooo Ginger Chocolate upon immediate application. Have you ever had a green and black ginger chocolate bar? This smells like that tastes. Like a Ginger Chocolate bar mixed with Caramello. It's pretty awsome but I can't seem to smell it after 20 minutes. It's probably because my nose is swamped with gingeryness.

Strong, raw, earthy ginger--way too overpowering when wet. The butterscotch comes out on the drydown and sweetens this up a bit but it's still mostly ginger. Weirdly I'm not picking up much chocolate here. A must for ginger lovers but much too strong for me.

In the bottle, this smells just like Treat #2 - chocolate, spicy ginger, and I even thought I could smell fig :/.

On my skin, thankfully, the scent becomes more unique. It's sort of like a gingerbread cookie with a drizzle of chocolate and lots of caramel/butterscotch. The sweetness here smells more like caramel to me, not at all like the butterscotch note that I got from Creepy.

After fifteen minutes, I don't smell any chocolate and there's just a hint of ginger underneath the caramel-ish note.

This scent makes me feel like I've rolled around in caramel syrup, and it's rather strong on my skin. Yummy, but perhaps a bit too cloying.

Oh man, I wish I got the ginger mentioned in the other reviews. It's there, but not that strong, and is more milk chocolate. Not good milk chocolate, but the gross kind that tastes cloying and has paraffin instead of cocoa butter and says 'chocolate-flavored confection' because they can't legally call it chocolate. Finally this fades down and leaves the butterscotch. Or rather, imitation butterscotch flavor pudding, which I quit liking when I was about 3. Yech.

To me, this is essentially butterscotch with a light coat of chocolate. There is a tiny whiff of ginger, enough to keep the butterscotch from being overwhelmingly sweet. But still sweet.

I think I would love this as an actual chocolate. Not so much as a perfume.

This is the same ginger in Playing with a Loaded Gun or Mother Ginger--bright, sharp, raw. I can't wear it, sadly, and this is all ginger all the time.

In the bottle: Very raw ginger, backed up strongly by the butterscotch and less strongly by the milk chocolate.

Wet: This is eyes-rolling-back-in-the-head good! So far. All the notes are combining into a decadent loveliness.

The dry-down: Still very much the raw ginger, with the butterscotch and milk chocolate swirling in and around and about the ginger. The ginger, since it is raw, and not the baked gingerbread note, seems to be behaving on my skin. Indeed, if this was a truffle, I could consume several. :) Worthy of a back-up bottle, mostly because I will have to slather this one, as it's fading away.

In bottle: Ginger dominant, chocolate second, butterscotch mostly supporting the chocolate. This is not nearly as exciting as Mother Ginger, but what could be, really. Wet: Better blended on the skin. The chocolate and butterscotch fold into the ginger, leaving the ginger still dominant, but it smells more of a piece and less like factions. It’s nice, but not stunning. Dry: Nearly all ginger and very like Mother Ginger with just a touch of chocolate. Works for me.

Milk Chocolate, Raw Ginger, and Butterscotch is just that. AS it dries down, the chocolate and butterscotch recede--the chocolate all but disappearing--and I'm left with a sweetly spicy ginger, very much like Mother Ginger.

I bought this for my younger sisters birthday, and was a good girl and resisted the temptation to test is on myself. So my review is based on how it smells on her. In the bottle: strong spicy ginger with the chocolate and butterscotch in the background. On her skin: the butterscotch leaps to the forefront with the ginger adding some spiciness to the brew, and the milk chocolate rounding out the edges. Amazing throw on her, she didn't slather, but during our walk through the zoo yesterday I was getting wafts of it off her. My sister is thrilled with her first BPAL scent!

This is delicious creamy milk chocolate and buttery, sweet butterscotch tempered with a hint of ginger. Thankfully the ginger isn't sharp or overwhelming, just a hint that compliments the chocolate and butterscotch notes perfectly. The pairing of chocolate and ginger here remind me a bit of Chocolate Espresso Gingerbread without the coffee, except that seemed to be a darker chocolate while this is true milk chocolate. Too bad I haven't yet encountered an edible one of these yet. :yum:

This would be one of the greatest smells ever, if not for the butterscotch and some faintly dusty note that effs up the delicious milk chocolate and ginger. Really, what smells better than chocolate covered ginger? Not a whole lot of things, and yet the butterscotch manages to turn it to dusty fake candy. :cry2: Oh, well. Guess I'll have to go eat some of the real thing to console myself.

At first, lovely fresh ginger as described with milk chocolate. I really want to eat something like this now. The ginger seems like it is the same one from Opuhi, one of my summer favourites. As it dries, I get a bit of dustiness, but only briefly, and then it morphs back in to raw ginger, though more subdued, and chocolate deliciousness. I don't get any noticeable butterscotch. If anything, maybe it adds to the sweetness of the blend. I really enjoyed the effervescent ginger phase, and am still liking the yumminess of this blend, though I am finding I'm craving ginger and chocolate now! However I don't wear uber foody blends, and I'd say this would classify as such. If there was some added musk here, I may have been all over this blend. As it is, it's just too foody for me.

Butterscotch is one of my favorite tastes, but it's definitely not one of my favorite scents on my skin. It screeches to front, pushes the other notes out of the way, and keeps its cloying self right there. Ginger isn't helping, seeming to push butterscotch right at the front. No chocolate, but it's a bad note on me anyway and would probably make this blend worse on me than it already is. Scrubbing off right away. :sick:

Milk Chocolate, Raw Ginger, and Butterscotch - Despite my general dislike of butterscotch and chocolate scents , this scent smells heavenly! It's soft, melty milk chocolate with spicy ginger and sweet butterscotch. My skin amps the ginger and it's really spicy, but amazingly, it doesn't turn the butterscotch into burnt ick on my skin and the milk chocolate doesn't turn into dust. This is one I'd wear in a scent locket so I could smell deliciousness all day long!

In the bottle - A soft fruity ginger with a hint of extremely sweet butterscotch in the background

Wet on me - Again a very fresh, fruity ginger and a faint edging of the chocolate

Dry on me - It turns on my skin and goes ashy and dusty :cry2:

Overall - Just doesn't get on with my skin chemisty

I bought half a bottle of this off someone here ages ago and recently rediscovered it.

I wish it had more spicy raw ginger, as I only get the barest hint of it. It's basically all chocolate and butterscotch on me, but I love sweet foodie smells (especially chocolate!) so that's okay. It just barely avoids being cloying.

All three ingredients are right there, up front. Sometimes they are ok together and sometimes they fight. Ultimately I have the chocolate with a light hint of ginger.

I had this stowed away in my "try again" box for a long time... and I don't remember why. Maybe I thought the ginger would die down a bit? I think I can smell all three: chocolate, ginger, butterscotch. But, on my skin the combo is not exactly appealing. It smells like sour chocolate. Oops. I'm sure it's the ginger -- it just doesn't agree with me.