Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Phantasm

This delicate, spectral perfume gives rise to an eerie distortion of of the senses. It bestows an ephemeral, ghostly, and truly haunting quality to your presence. Green tea, lemon verbena, jasmine and neroli.

Fake lemon and something sweet giving me the instant image of those old-style toilet deodorants, the ones in the plastic cone with the jelly stuff in them from the 70's and 80's. Oh and now I see it's Jasmine I know exactly where the toilet associations are coming from. Don't need this trip down memory lane at all. Phantasm is straight up cleaning products.

A radiant and extraordinary fragrance. This is electrified lemon peel! An image of 200 watt daffodils springs to mind...

There is definitely an uninhibited lemon presence here, along with something floral; can't quite tell whether Neroli or Jasmine would be suspect.

A scent that would garner attention. Once it's applied to the wrist, this scent behaves in a manner akin to cellular division; the lemon becomes bolder and juicier while the floral note firmly asserts itsself as lilac... Fanfrickintastic!

Phantasm brings the imagery associated with Easter or Spring to mind... Boquets, bright yellow, purple, & vibrant green. It bustles with liveliness and the promise of a progressive and bountiful season ahead.

This is a clean and delightful unisex fragrance although it would be the PERFECT feminine counterpart to Whitechapel...Yeah... This is the serial no one ever saw coming. Sociopathic dismissal and surgical precision in the guise of a sunny smile & bright skirt.

In the imp, this is lovely--straight up sharp citrus peel and jasmine. However, knowing my tendency to rot jasmine, I wasn't planning on this going anywhere near my skin. With that preface, we know that when I recap the imp it's going to drip, and to avoid marring the label I will quickly wipe it on my arm. /sigh

What?! No mutant death jasmine? I seriously am shocked. This starts on my skin as loads of citrus with a little fresh floral jasmine peeking through, and then when the citrus fades (it's citrus, it has the lifespan of a fruitfly) I'm left with a soft, delicate jasmine. I keep waiting for the rot to ensue and it never does.

It's fairly light and fading quickly, but very, very pretty while it lasts.

In the imp, I'm getting green tea and lemon/neroli. Hrm. We'll see what this does, but I don't have high hopes. On my skin, it's pretty much straight up lemon verbena. Yeah, not for me.

I got this as frimp as none of the notes really appeal to me. it's very lemon-y and smells very fresh and clean. unfortunately, it has too much of a "cleaner"-like scent to it for me to enjoy it as a perfume oil. The jasmine comes out as a bit of an undertone so it's not all lemon. Just not for me. I'll pass the frimp along.

At first, this smells like lemon dish detergent. Once it dries, it fades to a sweet, lemony candy kind of scent, reminiscent of Lush's Bohemian soap. It doesn't have much throw or staying power-after an hour, I couldn't smell it at all. I was kind of shocked that I didn't get any floral from this, since jasmine and neroli are both very strong scents, but I didn't get the mat all from this.

Phantasm was very Lemon Pledge on me at first, and then the florals came out a while later. But as others have said, the lemon is very dominant in this, not for the faint-hearted. I won't be buying a bottle of this but I'll use up the imp.

color impression: yellow green

In the vial: Lemon and green tea

On the skin: Mostly Sprite with extra lemon

Drydown: The jasmine shows up to wrestle down the lemon verbena.

This is okay, but it'd be a lot better on me without the jasmine. Like all blends. ;P Lemon verbena tends to amp a lot on me too, but it's no match for the jasmine.

2.5/5

This is mostly jasmine BIG GIANT stinky jasmine (the one note that grosses me out more than anything) blended with citrus. I love lemon verbena scents but the jasmine in this one is overwhelming.

Definitely not for me.

In the bottle: Medium yellow oil. Lemony jasmine green tea.

Wet: Fresh, sweet lemon verbena, green tea and jasmine. This is so sweet and clean, this is what I wanted Embalming Fluid to be.

Dry: So sweet, clean, lemony and green with just the right hint of floral. Oh wow, not a drop of lavender to be detected and I am still falling in love.

After a few minutes: The jasmine is becoming a bit uppity and obstreperous, while the lovely lemony greenness is fading to the background.

After first hour: Now the green tea is making a less than pleasant commercial perfume smell with the jasmine, although the sweetness of the verbena beneath assures me it's still Bpal.

After two and a half hours: Soft faint green tea with a hint of lemon, jasmine, and sweet citrus.

After 5 hours: Soft powdery verbena, green tea and a hint of jasmine.

Final verdict: Very pretty and fresh, but it lacks that certain ephemeral quality that would destine it for my keeper box.

This is a WONDERFUL summertime scent! I know because I'm sitting here at 8:30am, already 73 degrees outside and this is helping me wake up and feel more refreshed. Sweet fresh, lemony/neroli, jasmine green tea. So awesome.

LOL this is my first post in quite awhile! I don't always have to dilute my oils anymore....in fact, most of the time I can wear them neat.

Bright, clean, fruity, green scents are my faves. This is all of the above. In the bottle it's lotsa lemon, and it stays that way wet on my skin. As it dries it goes through a typical for me OHHHH HERE'S THE JASMINE phase but it didn't last long like Eos did on me. With Eos the jasmine totally amped and stayed there. Then it goes into a melding of all the fragrances in it...I can smell the jasmine, neroli, lemon and green tea all together in an evenly blended melody.

I know a lot of you said this didn't last on you....I applied mine at 7AM and can STILL smell it on me. It's faint now, but it's been very nearly 12 hours and still there. I have a full size on the way to me. It's going to remain a favorite.

Wet, Phantasm is lemon verbena single note to my nose. Dry, it's fresh verbena with some soft soapy florals - and then it fades right away, within about 15 minutes (there is a mild soapy scent lingering, but no verbena). If it remained strong lemon verbena I would be buying a bottle.. but no.

Edited by animalcule

This is very, very lemony, but I can smell a faint hint of tea, way in the background. The scent as a whole reminds me of LUSH's Whoosh shower jelly, which I love to use during the hotter months of the year.

Hm. I'm really on the fence about this scent. It's not my typical thing, but I know I'll probably really enjoy it once summer rolls around again (Even though it still feels like summer here, I am so tired of summer-related things, haha). I'll probably keep the imp around for a while.

Sniff: green tea and lemon! very light.

Wet: jasmine is fighting green tea for dominance. I keep getting alternating whiffs of each, along with an underlying sweetness.

Dry: the lemon is totally gone and now I'm getting mostly jasmine. It's slightly soapy, but in a pleasant refreshing way, like a spring afternoon. also, the throw is just right, not too strong, but enough for my co-workers to comment on how pretty it smells around me. I will definitely be wearing more of this!

In the bottle: The oil my father used to clean the dining room table when I was a kid

Wet: Even stronger then in the bottle. Its bringing back memories and not good ones.

Dry: Softer pledge like smell now, the green tea is fighting its way out.

Drydown: Basically gone.

Overall, probably not one I am going to worry about getting a bottle of.

In the imp -- Lemon and white floral note, that jasmine soapiness. Smells a little like lemon cleaner.

Wet -- Smells lemony on me, but with the soapy jasmine note bothering me.

Drydown -- Stays lemony when dry but I don't like the jasmine with it, which makes it smell like a cleaning product.

Dry -- Now it's clean and lemony. If I can get to this stage, it's worth keeping the imp.

Definitely get the lemon verbena and Green tea with a back hint of the jasmine. Overall, it is a nice scent but goes kind of soapy on me. Nice, but will be swapping.

Imp: Lemon Drop candies.

Wet on skin: Same

After 10 minute dry down: Scent doesn’t change. Pretty one dimensional, and if you don’t like lemon, avoid.

Overall: Lemon overload. I like lemon in my iced tea but not as a perfume.

1 out of 5 stars.

In the Imp: Lemon drop candies. Wow.

Wet on the Skin: Lemon. Lemon. Did I mention lemon? Because, you know, lemon. I can't smell any jasmine or green tea, because the lemon drops seem to have swallowed it up.

Dry: Still lemon-y. This has a certain similarity to lemon-scented pledge for me. Not all together unpleasant, but not something I want on my body.

A few hours Later: Toned down lemon and something in the back ground. Maybe the tea? I can't quite tell.

Overall: If I wanted to smell like a lemon, this would be it for me. However, I don't understand how lemon = phantasm so I guess I'm a little confused by the association.

Wow, this really is green tea with lemon! Reminds me of Dorian minus the vanilla and with a stronger tea note!

I don't get any neroli or jasmine, but those might appear after it has dried and warmed up on my skin.

Wow. I put this on and immediately detected limes. Not lemons, but bright, green, Corona bottle decorating LIMES. And I like limes, so that was a good start!

Unfortunately, during the drying process, there was a powdery white flower smell that invoked images of a mass of tiny white flowers. During my commute, I was overwhelmed by the flowers. Tons of flowers. Flowers everywhere. I was set on cleaning off my wrist as soon as I got to work.

An hour later, it's much less aggressive. It's still floral, but more delicate. It's a little like jasmine handsoap, now. Total bummer.