Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Phantasm

This delicate, spectral perfume gives rise to an eerie distortion of of the senses. It bestows an ephemeral, ghostly, and truly haunting quality to your presence. Green tea, lemon verbena, jasmine and neroli.

Imp: Lemon tea, with some faint floral--like there's jasmine floating round in your tea.

On/wet: Hello lemon! *waves cheerfully* Aren't you a lovely bright note!

Drydown: Sharp, tangy lemon drops with that dusting of sparkly sugar. Yumm. The jasmine wafts back in a couple of hours later.

Initial Impression: lemon!!

On Wet: lemon drop candy and green tea, eventually some neroli wafts up and do I detect a hint of jasmine?

On Dry: sharper lemon, green tea, hint of neroli

Final Impression: a more lemony Embalming Fluid that fades altogether too fast for me.

Rating (on a scale from 1-5): 3

In the imp and wet on my skin this is nothing but LEMON!!!, but within a half hour it dries down to barely nothing. I can smell a hint of lemon and a hint of when I can only assume is the green tea since it smells all leafy.

I wasn't going to try it all since I'm not much of a lemon fan, but at least it did something interesting. Not a keeper though.

In the bottle: Mmmm, so sharp and bright! The lemon is quite aggressive and tart, like a truly fresh lemon wedge being put to your lips. Mmmmmm.

Wet: This is all lemon on me. Sharp, tart lemon, amped-lemon. Not the sweeter, thicker lemon of bergamot oil, or the acrid lemon of Pledge, but...lemon-candy. Like a lemon-drop, tart and beginning to have that crusty, gritty bite of sugar.

Middling: The green tea is soaring to the front. It's not like a cup of hot green tea, but rather, a very cool glass with ice and more sugar, to sip while sucking on a delicious old-fashioned lemon-drop.

Drydown: This is so deliciously cool and green and lemony. Sweet--not as gentle as, say, Empyreal Mist, which was the other top contender for this particular scent niche, but it's beautiful. It's got a reasonably good staying power on me, considering how delicate the main notes are, and I love the way it smells on fabric.

goes on lemon. dry down i can smell green tea and lemon. after about an hour the scent fades and is very light and unimpressive.

In the imp: Definitely smell the neroli, a little of the jasmine. Green tea and lemon verbena, not so apparent.

On me: The green tea gives rise to cut the sweetness of the scent, and the jasmine and neroli blend together to create a softer scent than I expected from the imp.

It does fade a bit quickly, though -- I put it on about 4 hours ago and I can't smell much of it anymore.

In the bottle: Hello Citrus!

Wet: It is almost all lemon verbena, with a hint of jasmine.

As it drys, the lemon verbena makes it known that it isn't going anywhere. This is fine by me. I love me some lemon verbena. It is a very light and playful smell. The jasmine and green tea notes are very subtle here, but noticeable--giving it a bit of complexity.

I was pleased. Until, about a half and hour into the drydown, I suddenly started smelling soapy...Drat. I smell as though I washed my hands in lemon soap (not pledge, however). Feh. I may have to try it again, just to be sure.

In the bottle: Lemon verbena.

Wet: Lemon verbena, and a hint of green tea and wisp of neroli.

Dry: Amazingly, the neroli still has yet to go soapy. The verbena is definitely bullying as it often does, but it's not as overwhelming as it often is. The green tea provides a lovely herbal counterpoint, and the neroli adds a faintly bitter floral tinge.

Summary: Lemon verbena, with touches of green tea and neroli. A very straightforward, simple blend. I never get any jasmine. Good throw, great lasting power.

Lovely lemon! A strong burst from the get-go, and not much else. It's nice for about an hour, and then it's gone! Very sad, but I'll keep this imp for the summer, where it will be nice and light and fresh!

In Vial: Lemon lime

On Skin:MMM wonderful! Smells like green skittles taste, with just a hint of floral. Really lovely!

Later: This is so light and citrusy. The citrus is the strongest note tea coming into play next and just a hint of floral. This will be great for summer. This is so wonderful. If you love citrus, you Must try this!!

On me this just became cheap lemon cleaning spray, which I'm starting to wonder if lemon just does that on me (like with the 3 other lemon scents I've tried). I was really hoping for the green tea to be more prominent.

Green tea with somewhat chemically smelling lemon flavoring. And wow, I can't pick out the jasmine at all. :P I didn't think that was possible with my skin chemistry!

I think this would be a much better room scent for me...I love the smell, I'm just not crazy about what my skin chemistry does to that lemon.

For me, it's originally a bright, sweet lemon, which then cools down to a lovely lemony floral with just a touch of tea. I love it. Sadly, it fades far too fast - I might try and make a lotion out of it, see if that works better.

Hmm. This doesn't smell very eerie to me! It's a light lemony scent-almost a bit like lemon cleanser. I don't smell any jasmine in this at all! Hmm, even on my skin, so jasmine. It's a slightly sweet, light lemon-tea perfume (seriously, can't smell jasmine in this even a little bit). Pleasant, but not my favorite of the light citrus bpal perfumes and not a haunting kind of scent to me in any way. I am going to give this some time to settle.

Yeah, this was a very meh/bland lemony perfume on my skin. Disappointing!

To me, this smells almost exactly like Lush's "Whoosh" shower jelly and (disc) temple balm. It does have a slight floral note, which I'm assuming is the jasmine. This is such a great "wake up" scent, I love the tea element too, so good for hot weather.

In the imp: Lemon cleaning product... Pledge maybe? Definitely artificial and almost chemical in nature.

Wet: Lemon candy... OK, this is getting better

Dry: Sweet tea. The lemon is gone. S'okay but not incredible.

First off -- thanks to the labbies for this one. Got it as a frimp!

In the imp: Something between lemon pledge and lemonade. Lemon with something else hiding out there, basically.

Wet: Same as the imp, then the something else comes out a bit more, sweetening things a little and adding to the lemonade thoughts -- it's a little like lemonade, grass, and the fainest hint of sweat. If the scent stayed like this? It would be an OK summer scent. Not very... phantasm-y all in all, but, definitely redolent of sitting on the back porch in summer.

Dry: Now, I know this is due to my skin chemistry -- but after about 15 minutes of putting this on the lemon goes away and leaves behind a scent that can only be described as My Little Pony. This is the exact scent I remember from my youth. Now, The Lion in its drydown did something like this, but, mainly turned to baby powder on me. This though? Nothing really powdery about it. It's definitely, 100%, the slightly sweet, rubbery, kind very faintly citirisy floral smell of... My. Little. Ponies.

2 out of 5 My Little Ponies (Twould have been 1.5, but, the summeness of the wet phase is enough to bring it up that half point.)

Off to the swaps with you, love.

Wet: Fresh citrusy green floral. Soft lemon verbena smell. OMG this is fantastic on my skin.

Dry down: On dry down the tea comes out. Just a hint of jasmine – not sickly sweet, not soapy. No powder. Soft and sophisticated. Lots of layers.

Final impression: Fresh citrus floral – neroli and jasmine. Husband :" Yum – that smells nice." Not sickly sweet or cloying. I thought that this would be good and it is. Must have bottle.

In the imp: It smells a bit like lemonade...

Wet: Lemon verbena is so much better than pure lemon on me. It spares me from the cleaning agent hells with the greeness and also I can smell hints of the green tea here too. Not much florals though. Which is good I guess.

Dryer: This smells like lemon hard candy!

Dry: It keeps the smell of lemon hard candy for a few hours and then disappears.

Verdict: It is a nice lemony scent which actually works on me but I am not sure I want to smell like lemon hard candy. To the swaps it goes.

I've heard alot of times that this is the best comparison to Lush's Avobath..I disagree...this to me is basically just a fresh lemony scent that doesn't really knowck my socks off. It is slightly detergenty...

I can't detect Jasmine at all and the verbena seems to take over the whole thing..

:P

Not a favourite...

Neroli, jasmine and lemon.

and, then the lemon verbena amps on me and I have LEMON!! with maybe some jasmine behind it. It's strong.

This is very true to the Lab's description. Green tea, lemon verbena and jasmine all the way (I haven't quite figured out what neroli smells like yet). It's quite pretty. It also stays quite true on me, both wet and dry. When dry, the lemon verbena is definitely the top note. It's nice. I think of it more as a spring scent.

in the imp: lemony green tea :D

wet on skin: same.

dry down: same.

in all: a light green tea scent, medium throw. good for late spring and summer days when the air is dense and heavy. i would use this to enable some people- many commercial perfumes of the higher end use green tea as a prominent note. :P

I think lemon verbena is a pretty boring note to me, but I think the green tea and jasmine tone it down well, especially on the skin. The green tea is what makes this scent pleasant, but I don't think I'd be wearing this on me. I burned a few drops in my tart burner and it made my kitchen smell wonderful, though!