RaeiNarcissus

Hispaniola

HISPANIOLA
Brilliant in thy grand hemisphere
The marshaled host of Heaven appear,
Whence evening’s star, unclouded and serene,
Emits afar her sparkling rays
Where e’er the nightly traveller strays,
And on his pathway sheds her silvery sheen.

Though silent when all creatures shun
The fierce blaze of the mid-day sun,
Myriads of insects walk abroad at night;
And when cool dews from Heaven descend,
The air with gladsome voices rend,
And hail the star-bright beams of milder light.

Bay rum, coconut, wild olive, avocado, bitterwood, sugar cane syrup, muskwood, Creolean pine, lime rind, cacao, and West Indian cedar.

Um. Wow. So, I just spritzed it on some clothes to see what it was like.........and O.M.G. It's rather......... sea salty and sugar and rum...............*blink blink* .................*swoon* I usually go for the foody stuff, but I need to find me a man to put this on. So many of Jack Sparrows escapades could be explained if he smelled like this.

The only bad part about it is the clothes I spritzed it on are my fuzzy hot pink sleeping pants, that are covered in smiling polar bears wearing pink and purple bows.

This is very well blended. It is sweeter than I expected with the sugar cane syrup and coconut softening elements like the bay rum and the woods. It’s sweet, woody and masculine, with the cedar being the strongest of the wood elements without overwhelming the other discreet notes. There is something a little odd with looking sniffing. I don't know the bitterwood note, although I can guess via process of elimination, but I think the issue is with how it mixes with the cedar. I still like it, though the off note makes it less exciting than I’d hoped.

Eep, I've been holding onto this for a while without testing it-its such an odd combination of scents! I am very curious to try it!

Oh, this is very nice! Very interesting an complex-I definitely get the base of bay rum, but I get touches of coconut, sugar cane, woods, cacao...it really is a little bit of everything. Even that lime rind! It's neat because it's so well blended-I smell all the notes but at the same time its its own cohesive scent.

I'm not a huge room spray fan, but I'm not gonna lie-I am digging this a lot and feel like I won't be able to part with it so quickly. It's the perfect sexy pirate room spray!

Hmm.. I'm really not sure what to make of this - there's so much going on in this little spray!

It's spicy, but with a musky edge.. tangy and fresh from the lime, slightly woodsy and green, and a bit rich from the cacao and rum. The coconut just plays at the edges of the fragrance - it isn't a major player, and I'm not really getting anything overly sweet, so I'm not sure where the sugar cane syrup is at.

I dunno - it's not that I don't like it, I just don't know what it's supposed to be - it's kinda confusing. Perhaps it's the pine note that's spoiling it for me, because I really don't like pine smells due to their sharpness. And maybe that's what's bothering me abot Hispaniola - it's kinda sharp, in a HEY sort of way, and it tickles my nose a bit :smile:

Bay rum, wood, cedar, hints of lime and sugar. Very masculine.

This smells like a pirate. A sexy pirate. Let's face it, this smells the way you imagine Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow smells - sexy, playful, salty.

Tropical lime and coconut with the wood notes adding some depth. Wow, I don't find this masculine at all, it smells like a tropical drink! It becomes more salty/woody as it warms. I need more of this!