Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dry white sandalwood wrapped in thin woods, soft grasses and the lightest white flowers layered over cajeput and the warm, deep scent of embalming herbs.

In the vial: pungent fresh cut wood and dry sandalwood

Wet: the wood goes kind of sweet and the sandalwood amps. I love sandalwood.

Drydown: Sandalwood. It smells very much like a carpenter's shop to me, one that works with exotic woods.

Imp: Can't smell anything. Huh?

Wet: Flower. Bright flowers. Unfortunately the type of flowers that pierce my nose.

Drydown: It's starting to smell like

warm urine

. Ew. My skin is doing terrible things to this blend.

Overall: Has a lot of throw. Call me crazy, but I let it sit on my skin for a few hours. It actually smelled nice after about 4 hours, like a sweet sandalwood. The urine stage though...I can't get behind that.

Sniffing the imp, it's woods and herbs.

Wet on the skin, sandalwood and wood. Dries down to floral and herbs with woodsy quality.

Shroud is like sitting in an abandoned garden, sheltered from the weeping rain in the shadows of a crumbling and rotting gazebo.

It's atmospheric to say the least.

Glad I have an imp!

Shroud. I'd forgotten it was discontinued. It's woodsy with an underlying floral sweetness. I like it a lot but it vanishes very quickly from my skin.

I'm very appreciative to the person that sent me this discon scent!

It is like a soft veil of woods and florals. Very light and flowing. I really don't have anything bad to say about it! It's very neutral and not much throw but I think it's great for summer mornings, sipping some iced coffee and getting amped for the day, while your surroundings are still quiet and the air is cool.

Edited by SophieCedar

I smell mostly sandalwood in Shroud when it's wet, maybe something green and herbal. As it dries on my skin it becomes lightly grassy and woody, with the herbs sticking around and getting a little louder.

Honestly, it near-vanishes so quickly that it's hard to tell exactly what's there once Shroud is dry. The (superlight) throw is a sweet herbal sandalwood that edges toward soapiness without quite hitting it. I almost recognize the sweetness -- it might be a floral that I've smelled before, but I have difficulty naming florals. Whatever the white flowers are, they're apparently the kind that mostly behave on my skin, which is rare.

It's a pretty scent but way too light for me, and not really something I'd wear. It's always nice to find an oil with "white flowers" that doesn't give me a headache.

loving shadowy, ghostly elements the way i do, i've been keen on trying this one for a long long time (thank you, CaudaPavonis!), &it is everything i had hoped for. dusty florals & grassy herbs; light, sweet & woodsy; beautiful. i'm so crushed it was discontinued . . . :cry:

In the Vial: The sandalwood does smell quite dry, but sharp. There's a strong background of green grasses and herbs. This is an almost medicinally green smell. The floral note is so soft that I didn't notice it at first, but it is nicely lightening up this blend.

Wet: Oh, lovely! That medicinal quality fades, and the sandalwood gets much warmer and woodsier. The flowers are still very subtle.

Dry: The flowers are really coming out now... a bit too much for my liking, especially since they're going powdery, and almost rose-like. The sandalwood is still there, but it's gone from the forefront to the background. And the herbs and grasses are growing faint. Another reviewer likened this sitting in an old gazebo in an abandoned garden during a rainfall, and I would agree!

An Hour Later: It's got that old-man-sweat smell I get from Fire of Love and Baghdad; I'm starting to think it's the sandalwood that goes bad on me. It's not overtly gross, though likely only because it's gotten so faint. This is a smoky, woodsy, body-odor smell - no soft grasses, no white flowers.

Overall: Loved it when it was wet, but this turned bad on my skin. Oh well!

Discon or not, this one is lovely!

Imp: Wood, herbs and pickle water. ;)

Wet: Strong wooden notes, slightly sharp. Green, herbal and slightly floral (maybe calla lily and/or lily of the valley).

Dry: Dry sandalwood and other wooden notes. A creamy greenness, slightly sweet and herbal. I wore this on my wrists today and had Van Van in my scent locket. Those two (because they share the sweet grass I assume) fit together very well.

Sandalwood prominent. It's still mostly sandalwood after a while but with a hint of the flowers and embalming herbs.

In the imp: A spicy, warm sandalwood.

Wet: Possibly my beloved cajeput coming out and mingling with the sandalwood?

Dry: A mix of warm spices. Not bad, but idk, it feels too mature for me?

It smells like light incense and faint herbs. It's extremely neutral on me, not one thing or another. It would be a nice base scent for layering.

This is alllll white florals on me. very strong floral as a matter of fact. i can smell the sandalwood a bit but i am coming to the conclusion that the Labs florals hate me.

Shroud struck me as a classic GC kind of scent.  It reminded me of Rakshasa -- I think there may be some white roses in those white flowers.  Or like The Ghost with sandalwood.  It's very pretty and quite evocative of a spectral mood but too floral for my tastes.  No throw (which is normal with my skin chemistry) and wear length a little under average.