Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Pink Champagne

In the bottle: The "pink" aspect is interesting. It almost reads like strawberry champagne, if such a thing existed. That's not *quite* right, but there's a sweet, innocent feel to this scent. At this point I'd say it's almost the polar opposite of the Opium and Champagne, in feel as well as scent.

Wet on skin: There's definitely something more playful in this champagne than the others I've tried. The "sparkling" aspect seems more present and there's a sweet hint that takes the edge off the usual sharpness of the champagne note.

Dry down: I am now thinking the "pink" in this equation might be pink pepper or a sweet spicy floral like carnation. The mix is rather fitting, and I predict that out of the new crop of Champagne scents that this one will wind up being the most sought-after for it's sheer wear-ability.

In all: light to medium throw, with a playful feel reminiscent of sneaking sips from grown-ups' glasses on New Year's Eve night, this is the one to wear to all upcoming holidays and events when wanting to encompass sophistication and joy without taking yourself too seriously. Lovely.

:heart:

In the bottle, it smells like high-end ginger ale. Once I put it on, though, this is mostly bright (but slightly astringent) champagne. That stage is a little off-putting for me, but it goes away quickly. After it dries down, it's a sweet, faintly champagne-y scent. On me, the sweetness sort of reads as ripe strawberry and perhaps some pink pepper. It's slightly floral, but very pretty on the dry-down. It is a light scent, but the lightness works in this scent's favor. It helps to boost the joyful, playful image that the words "pink champagne" conjure up.

ETA: Sigh. And after testing it a few more times, the astringent champagne has come to overpower all of the pretty pinkness.

Edited by plainjean

This one isn't as in-your-face-fizz in the bottle as the others I got to try. More sweet, and berry-like. Once it's on my skin, the champagne makes more of an appearance. The sweetness stays right underneath it though, and makes it a very pretty scent. I like this one too :)

Bottle: Fizzy and pink, a bright bubbly scent.

Wet: Still fizzy with more than a hint of strawberry. There's some sort of pepper that comes in that really balances the sweetness out nicely.

Dry: The fizz really fades into the background, almost undetectable, with a very fruity forefront. There's a really nice balance between the sweet fruit and the pepper to keep it from being overwhelmingly sweet.

Verdict: I like it! Even though there's more fizz in the bottle than on me, it still manages to be a nice pink scent. Very reminiscent of Loli Goth.

Let me preface this by saying that I don't like champagne scents. They tend to smell like skunk beer or chemicals on me. I also don't normally do well with "pink" scent. They tend to end up cloyingly sweet on me. So why did I get a bottle that I know will end up a disaster of epic proportions? I have no idea. I like to live dangerously I guess.

So imagine my surprise when....omg, do I actually like this? Can it be that I finally found a champagne scent that doesn't reek and make me nauseas? Woohoo! :joy:

This is the first one that actually does seem bubbly to me (even dh mentioned it), but doesn't come off as a chemical scent. It's just sparkling and refreshing with enough of a sweet (but not sticky) pink strawberry scent to balance it out. It reminds me of that scene from Pretty Woman where she's having strawberries and champagne and then watches reruns of I Love Lucy. It's lighthearted and playful with a hint of sexiness. I love it.

*Despite being reminded of Pretty Woman, I do not think this will make you smell like a prostitute...well, maybe a really good smelling one? I don't know, I've never sniffed one, but I digress.

I'm happy I was able to get a bottle and the fact that even dh likes it is a definite bonus. I think this will be a wonderful summer scent

Hmm. At first, this is very soapy -- it smells like run-of-the-mill handsoap, with maybe something of a fizzy edge. I can definitely see the comparison to ginger ale.

After it dries, though, it morphs quite a lot on my skin. It becomes a light, floral scent with just the tiniest, itty-bitty touch of strawberry. It reminds me of the kind of perfume that a little girl might want to wear. Nice, fairly unoffensive, but sadly not for me.

This was so nice and bright pink for the first 10 minutes. After that? Smelled exactly like dish soap bubbles on me. Not just dish soap, but a whole big pile of soapy, sudsy bubbles. It was so uncanny and probably a good thing too considering Pink Champagne was sold out. Dodged a bullet, methinks!

ETA: correcting typos.

Edited by GodivaSyndrone

Pink Champagne - I positively adore champagne scents, and since Bon Vivant is one of my long-time, all-time favorites, I absolutely had to try this. To my nose, the "pink" aspect of this is more than just strawberries -- it actually reminds me a lot of Pink Phoenix and what you might get if you blended it with champagne. It's a very sweet scent, and it's a really fun and free-spirited scent, but sadly, it doesn't last on my skin for more than 5 minutes. Once it dries down, it's just completely gone without a trace.

Fizzy, sweet and a "pink" champagne blend. This really does smell pink to me. The champagne is faint and there is a strawberry element, but there's more too, maybe some kind of very light rose floral? I can't put my finger on it. It's fun and very girly, but not for me, alas.

I love this one! It's very fizzy, a bit sweet, unidentifiably pink, and it's boozy but not overwhelmingly so. Bon Vivant failed miserably on me, so I was nervous... but this one stays true and non-plastic and fun! I'm in a pink place, it makes me happy.

Very fizzy champagne with that sour/pukey edge that turns me off from these scents. As it dries down, I get a strawberry candy smell along with the boozy qualities, and a bit of a soapy edge. And after fifteen minutes, there's just a hint of a clean smell left on my skin. This one fades super-fast on me.

Fizzy champagne and berry. I thought strawberry but as it dries down, it's more of a generic berry scent. This is pink and fun.

Pink Champagne

On: A sweet, almost syrupy scent with fizzy champagne underneath.

2.5 hours in: Sweet champagne.

7 hours in: Still sweet with fizzy champagne.

Overall: Very pretty. Champagne scents aren't my favorites, but this is really pretty on me.

In bottle: Cleansing-soap? Second sniff: Apples?

On me: At first it smelled like the above description.

Then, bang! This smells like real strawberries with fresh cider.

The pink aspect: Lately I have been trying some foodie blends which I never got around too in the first place. A lot of them are so plastic-pink.

This is perfect.

Adult pink :wub2:

I tried Mango Lychee Champagne before this and fell in love, so I figured Pink Champagne would be much the same. Not so, apparently. This one is much lighter and crisper, and definitely less boozy, but this means that there wasn't much throw and it hardly lasted me a few hours.

Cute and bubbly, definitely sweeter than normal champagne, but after Mango Lychee, this is not for me.

Thank you for this, bpalscentsual!

This is so amazingly bubbly and delicious! It's very sparkly and crisp at first, so much so I can almost hear it fizzing, but it smoothes itself out after a few minutes. It's like Swank's happy pale pink little sister, with an undercurrent of soft musk underneath. Oddly, there's just a smudge of dustiness that reminds me of the Pirates of the Carribean ride . . . but I kind of like that. I'm totally in love! :wub2:

ETA: I forgot to mention that I was a little worried about the strawberry note, because I can't do most foody blends, especially ones with that plasticky strawberry note. But happily, this is not a foody blend to me at all, and it's not a bit plasticky! :bow:

Edited by the.train.fiend

In the bottle: This scent is so cute and fun! It's a bright, sparkly fizzy champagne, much like I was hoping Bon Vivant would be like (that one didn't really work on me.)

It's pretty linear/consistent on my skin. Very cute and happy :D

Edit: Wet, this reminds me of gummi worms! in a good way, I love those XD

Edited by sunlitgarden

In the bottle: Sweet champagne.

Immediately after application: Bubbly and a little bit fruity.

Warming up: Soft fruity champagne.

Fading: Soft fruit.

Faded: Average throw, average wear.

Overall: Not for me, sadly :( OH COME ON, ONE OF THE CHAMPAGNE SCENTS HAS TO WORK *sadface*

Rating: 2/5.

Oooh, lovely! A fruity (strawberry?), fizzy, just-not-soapy and playful scent.
...I think my skin does this with a certain note that I haven't been able to put my finger on so far, but it morphs everything to straight up soap. It's not a bad soap... But I'd rather smell like pink champagne if that was the intent than soap. :P

It's seriously cute though!!!

Oh, I love the champagne scents, and this one smells very close to Bon Vivant, but there's something to ground it. I think someone mentioned pink pepper. I love Bon Vivant, but I might like this more because of this subtle spicy element.

Wet: Fizzy, sweet champagne! There's a fruity aspect that I can't really nail down here. Strawberry or raspberry? 

Dry: AHHH I have no idea what the berry note here is! It smells more like a generic berry scent upon dry down. The fizzy quality from the wet stage is pretty much gone, and this smells a bit candy-like now. It's making me think of.. berry pop rocks with flat champagne? I don't actually mean that in a bad way!

I dig it! 

I was super excited for this one, because I like the thought of scents with color. 

In the bottle: Ugh, it has the same pukey-sour, unsettling smell as Gold and Tears does, another one I was disappointed by. Is there carrot seed in this?

Wet on the skin: The puke note has settled pretty quickly, and I definitely smell fizz. Beth is a goddamn genius, with her ability to create a smell as fleeting and enigmatic as 'fizz'. I am not sure what is creating the sense of 'pink', but it is there. It's subtle and is sensed on the exhale. Interesting.

Dry: this is light and effervescent, and it smells like it's name. 

While I don't hate this scent, in fact there is something rather sweet about it, the initial puke note (that seems to be just me?) is enough to keep me from wearing it, I fear. I will let this settle a few more weeks and try again. If you see it for sale by me you'll know it wasn't a match.