Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Software update complete & the Gallery has returned!

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we'll be upgrading our forum software over the weekend, in order to fix a bug with the gallery. (Thanks for letting us know there was a problem, puddingirl!)

I'm still working with Invision to schedule the time of the update, but it will probably be tomorrow night. When I have a time, I will let you know.

The update's been scheduled for 2am today (approximately 2 hours from now). Sorry about the short notice, but since the gallery is unusable without this update, I felt it best to update sooner than later.

The software update's been applied, but there are still some minor things we've got to tweak (including some of the BBCode).

The software update is now complete & the BBCode has returned to its working condition. Hooray!

Now to tell y'all about the updates!

Forums had actually a really boring update - it just fixed bugs and was setting things up for the big update that's scheduled to come out in Q1 2011. I know, all that fuss and nothing changed as far as what we see! There will be a new skin, but that's independent of this update.

Blogs update is actually pretty big. Many of the changes were back end related, but here are some of the things you might notice!

• New "Like" system on Blogs and Blog Entries.
  • Notification support for new blog entries, and new comments, so you can watch a member's blog or an entry.
  • Uses a new comments system.
  • New "Manage Blogs" area.
  • Facebook Like and Twitter Tweet buttons on blog entries.
  • Cleaned up design.
  • Single column layout on individual blogs.

Gallery problems have been escalated to Tier II support. Hopefully they'll get that fixed shortly!

Feedback / Unresolved Swaps / Price Caps / Cookbook all had backend updates that will let me start working on some cool things, but you won't see it for a few months yet!

Sign in to follow this