VESPERS
Alma Redemptoris Mater,
quae pervia caeli porta manes,
et stella maris, succurre cadenti,
surgere qui curat, populo: tu quae genuisti,
natura mirante, tuum sanctum Genitorem,
Virgo prius ac posterius, Gabrielis ab ore,
sumens illud Ave, peccatorum miserere.

Aromatic woods, frankincense, saffron, pine pitch, black amber, and balsam.

Doesn't smell like much of anything in the bottle with the protective cap removed.
upon spritzing, it smells like a combination of Catholic church a few hours after a ceremony involving incense and Scorpio 2007.
the duration of the spray is about 1 hour in the living room per 1 spritz.

I will try it in smaller rooms and see if the duration lasts longer.
ETA: I tried this in a bedroom, and the effect was definitely better! there emerged a cinnamon/ginger scent in the smaller room that I missed in the larger room. after about 2 hours, there was a slight maple note that gave it a sugary, festive quality to the whole room. This is the best room spray ever!

Verdict:
I love this!
it's very nostalgic of Catholic Christmas masses that I have attended in the past.
additionally, I *LOVE* Scorpio 2007, so this is a great blend!
I just wish the duration would be longer than 1 hour :(
I guess that just means I have to buy backup bottles!

Let me dispel one fear right away: this does not smell like church. Of course the frankincense and amber lend it an incensey aspect, but if this reminded me of interminble services on my feet for three hours straight (I'm Greek Orthodox--go figure) I'd have stuck it on my sales post in negative five seconds. It's a dark, shadowy blend of smoky woods interlaced with tendrils of rich resinous incense, enigmatic and even ominous. If church smelled like this maybe I wouldn't mind three hours on my feet.

I think that this scent is really masculine, wild, and sexy. It conjures up images of cowboys, old wooden saloons, and chases on horseback through shadowy pine forests. There's a delicious mix here that smells like spicy black pepper and sweet cola to me, over the dry woods (kinda like cedar chips) and a tiny hint of sweet pine that keeps it from smelling too dry to me. It's foresty, spicy, masculine, and just sweet and warm enough for me to really love it.

I love masculine type room scents, and this one is swoon-worthy for me <3.

I had to try this one because Scorpio 2007 was mentioned in review. I don't get that one, but I do get a similarity to the Ode to Mars: Aatos Polemoio. They smell almost like twins at first. There's strong, splintery cedar and saffron. Up close it's a bit much, but as the spray dissipates, it turns into something lovely and spicy. Eventually I can detect something like vanilla or old books which must be the balsam. I think the black amber is there sweetening things up a bit too.

This is not nearly as smooth as Cathedral. These pews would be full of splinters. This is lighter on the frankenscence than that one.

Conclusion: Dry, spicy, rugged and a little bit dark. Good for the cold midwinter.

Touch of cedar, incense, and frankincense. This is dry, rich, smoky incense. I think this would be great to warm up an atmosphere, and to me, this is decidedly masculine.

This is a fall /winter scent for me because of it's richness. I love it because it makes me feel like I am home--in my safe space and cozy delights await.