Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Bloc Na Nollaig Atmosphere Spray

BLOC NA NOLLAIG
Nollaig faoi shéan is faoi shonas duit!
A fresh-chopped Yule log glowing in a holly wreath-festooned hearth, with snow-dappled evergreens, bay leaf, bittersweet winter berries, and apple beer.

This should have been called "Anti-Grinchy McScrooge spray." It is indeed Christmas in a bottle. Cold sniff on first spray it is quite the Christmas craft store scent, but that doesn't linger long at all. After a few minutes the whole area is transformed into the quintessential Yuletime Fantasyland. Seriously.

We have two Christmas trees, an artificial one in the kitchen and a real Fraser Fir in the family room. I sprayed the kitchen tree with Bloc Na Nollaig and it was transformed! That sad little tree pretty much smells better than the real thing. And it lasts for days! Just so Christmassy, spicy, green, fresh, warm, cold, joyful.

You need to buy this particular room spray if...

you have an artificial tree but pine for the real thing (ha, ha, get it? PINE!)

you're feeling particularly Scrooge-y this year. You'll be transformed into the whooping Christmas morning Scrooge!

I second Andra with "Christmas in a bottle". This is the perfect scent to cozy up to when you're feeling in the holiday mood. It's got it all: the coolness of snow and evergreens, the warmth of smoky wood, the sweetness of winter berries, and extra warmth and body from the apple beer. Actually the apple beer adds a bready aspect to it--before rereading the notes I actually thought it was supposed to be fresh-baked bread. It's the perfect balance of warm and cool, incorporating all the key elements of the season without smelling like a stereotypical holiday candle.

Edited by Invidiana

I got this because I wanted something that would smell like Christmas. I've been hoping for an atmosphere blend -- or a perfume oil that I could burn -- that would smell more or less like Hearth. This is basically it!

It's such a rich and complex scent, it's difficult to review each note. Primarily, it smells like evergreens, bay leaf, and wood in the fireplace. (Definitely no vetiver in the wood fire bouquet here.) It's a little bit cold, but also warm because of the fire, so it pretty much balances out. I can smell the apple beer and the berries, but their sweetness just rounds things out. Mainly, this smells like different types of greenery to me, with burning wood.

This is less like the excitement of Christmas morning than just the scent of the holiday season in general. It's a night in by the fire place with a mug of cider and the scent of holiday greenery wafting around you, trying to stave off the draft from the window. It's nice and comforting, and the spray itself is very strong, with great lasting power.

This reminds me of one of my very favorite BPAL perfumes, Yuletide, which I've been hoarding since 2005 and wearing every year at Christmas. It's a delightful, cozy scent: pine, a little touch of smoke, and lots and lots of home baking and quiet celebration with friends and family.

This is mostly evergreen and woodsmoke to my nose, with a little extra sweetness from the berry. I don't know if I really like the smoky wood note, and I was kinda hoping that this would be more spicy and foodie smelling. I prefer Krampusumzüge (snow and Christmas trees) and Pete Lala's Cafe (pine, soft leather, and vanilla-like sweetness) for pine scents.

This was in heavy rotation at my house during December. I sprayed the entrance way so I was greeted with piney goodness whenever I came in the door.

So far, this is my favorite room spray - I love the sweet pine with the hint of berries & smoke!

This smells like Christmas in a bottle - Christmas pine tree, berries, snow and apple cider and just everything magical.

This is insta-Christmas. You feel like you need some Christmas in your life? Use this!