Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
samarablackcat

Snow White Bath Oil

SNOW WHITE BATH OIL
A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

Shea oil, olive oil, apricot kernel oil, fractionated coconut oil, rosehip seed, evening primrose oil, vitamin E, isopropyl myristate, glycereth-7-cocoate (derived from coconut), oleth 3, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume blends.

I have been eagerly stalking Ms White's arrival, as I was very excited to see this available this Yule season. And of course, I am not disappointed.

Snow White Bath Oil has the same rich, luxurious texture as Snake Oil Bath Oil. Such an innocent scent, pure and not yet corrupted by the realities of life.

My favorite way to use bath oils is as an after-shower moisturizer, and Snow White leaves my skin soft; no need for additional skin lotion or cream. And ten hours later, I can still smell it on my skin, gently wafting.

It's very cold in Florida today; the high was 54 and it's going to freeze tonight, making it feel like the holiday season. Snow White Bath oil is the perfect accompaniment, giving a slight chill to my personal atmosphere.

Very thankful for its release, and can't wait to experiment with layering. Thanks for a wonderful Yule gift! And yes, I do plan on stocking up, as Snow White is perfect for any season.

Snow White is my all-time favourite BPAL, I was so excited to see her in bath oil form this year.

As my tub was filling up this morning, I put in a tiny squirt of Snow White and it scented not only my bathroom, but my whole apartment! The scent lingered throughout the bath and even after I toweled off, I could still smell a hint of Snow White on my skin.

Love! :wub2:

I'm over the moon that I can finally bathe in Snow White! It has all the cool, crystalline beauty of the perfume oil; slightly sweet, a teensy bit of something coconutty, just pure love. :wub2:

:squee:

I've been eagerly waiting for Snow White Bath Oil to land since I've retried my Snow White 09 perfume. I didn't love Snow White 09 until this year though I tried it intermittently throughout the year. It's aged beautifully.

But SWBO... :thud: :love!: Instant love. Wonderfully sweet (but in a non foody way), slightly creamy vanilla with hints of white florals and minimal traces of coconut. It also has wonderful throw. I'm wafting in a cloud of sweet scent after using the bath oil as a moisturizer. Like with SOBO, BPTP has made a wonderful Snow White product that could be arguably better than the perfume oil. A definite must try, even if you only just like the perfume oil.

Edited by bluerose

This is a definite must for fans of the perfume oil. It's pretty much the same scent . . . but in a gorgeous bath oil form! Sweet vanilla, a hint of coconut, maybe a smidge of marzipan (at least to my nose) and those white florals. As others have said, it's sweet but not in a foody way.

As a bath oil, Snow White is wonderful; it scents the water and makes it feel soft. The oil doesn't sit on the surface in some disgusting blob but intersperses throughout and leaves your skin feeling nourished and pampered. When used as an after shower moisturizer, the oil almost immediately sinks in. I have wicked dry skin during the winter and this stuff makes it feel like silk. The scent also lingers for a long time -- eleven+ hours -- but it's not so strong as to overpower you. I don't have much experience with BPTP bath oils but if this is the typical formula, I may need to seriously invest in their bath products. It's that good.

Please note that I do not use the bath oils in the bath. :) Instead, I use them as after-shower "lotions".

The distinctive Snow White scent is obvious when I pop the cap. The oil is a bit thinner in texture than the Polar Bear Plunge. The oil sinks into my skin rather quickly and leaves it feeling very soft. :) The scent on my skin is more of the coconut and vanilla aspects of Snow White, and less of the florals and the ozone. Nevertheless, I am pleased to have SW as a bath oil. :)

ETA: The scent, though faint, lasts for hours on my skin. Where I dabbed some of the perfume oil, it's of course stronger, and lasting longer. :wub2:

Edited by thekittenkat

My Christmas wishes were granted when Snow White Bath Oil went live. It's such a decadent oil, with layers and layers of scent that lasts forever after the shower/bath. To my nose I smell all things wonderful about Snow White. Not one of the notes is dominant. My only problem at this point is wondering how many bottles I will need.

Well done Beth and Lab, well done. :wub2:

I love the bath oils as after-shower moisturizers, they are not greasy in the slightest and they pamper my skin with softness and lasting scent. I fell in love with Snow White a couple of months ago. Like most others, I was overjoyed with the offerings of a bath oil, soap and spray in this gorgeous, snowy scent and I was not disappointed! This is pure Snow White in all her loveliness. Creamy, snowy sweetness. This is a very comforting yet very flirty scent to me. :wub2:

Edited by Stephanielynn

I'm so glad that Snow White was offered in so many different products this year. It's such a perfect bath fragrance. Snow White is mostly a sweet, frosty sort of vanilla to my nose, but unique and hard to really describe. It's both clean and sweet smelling. Being able to literally bathe in it is so decadent and soothing <3.

I'm really picky about oils and moisturizers. If I use the bptp bath oils in the bath, I can't get my hair or face wet, or else my face breaks out and my hair turns into a greasy mess. And I find them a bit too heavy and overpowering to use as an after shower moisturizer directly on my skin, as many people here do. I really love pouring these on to my legs before I get out of a shower though (or as a body soak in the tub with my hair up), and rinsing them off a bit before getting out. That leaves me moisturized and with a nice sheen on my legs. The scents always linger nicely as well.

That said, this bath oil is awesome. I don't think that my partial bottle will last long, and I should probably stock up before this is no longer available...

Thank goodness! I LOVE how Snow White (the perfume oil) smells on others, but I just can't pull it off. This bath oil, however, gives me the opportunity to sniff to my heart's content. Just a bit of the oil as a moisturizer is quite a nice pick me up, and in the bath it makes me feel like a princess. Great stuff! A general note about the Bath Oils: a little really does go a long way, and they are non greasy on the skin and perfect as a moisturizer.

I'm in love with this...

The oil isn't scented very strongly :/ which was a bit of a disappointment. Compared to any of the others I can smell well putting half the amount in, and not need perfume after.

BUT... what I am smelling is GOOD (and made me seek out some snow white perfume finally) and has my nose glued to my arm

Also 2 nights in a row with bath oils (did SOBO + lavender the night before) my uggg winter skin is finally back soft and touchable. I love love love the new bath oil formula. Its a miracle worker.

This makes a beautiful bath. It smells just like Snow White perfume and is nicely moisturizing in the bath without being slick (I can get up out of the bath without worrying I'll fall immediately ... of course, be careful, but it's not super-slick like some bath oils). I wish this weren't LE and I hope it arrives again next year at Yule!

I think this is my favorite BPAL-related item EVER. Snow White has been my favorite scent for years, and for some reason I thought I didn't need to try the bath oil. WOW, was I wrong!

Like many others I used this more as an aftershower lotion. It is very moisturizing and absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy, but leaves a slight sheen on my legs which I like. :D But the best part is the scent! Just like the perfume oil...but better? It just seems to have the perfect throw and I love how I feel truly embraced by the scent, every inch of me. I was lucky enough to find a full bottle, but I am sure I will be out by the time Christmas rolls around... I really hope the lab brings this back!!! :wub2:

Ah Snow White. Even in the bath oil, you are a cool tropical drink to me. Coconut cool, pineapple sweet. And perhaps a touch of almond and cream?

As a perfume, I didn't care for you. I find you much more appealing as a bath product. Still, there are other bath oils that appeal much more to me, so I'm gonna send you off to someone that DOES love you.

Snow White bath oil is a complete disaster on my skin. :cry2: Snow White has such consistently good reviews, that I bought a bottle of the bath oil as soon as it was up on etsy. I tested a few drops on my skin before committing to a full bath, and it turned into instant strong dust. It's such an overpoweringly bad smell, that I don't think I can risk trying this out in the bath. I've had this happen with a few foodie blends before, although I don't think they had any notes (listed notes at least) in common with Snow White.

Such a disappointment. Hopefully I can find someone who will enjoy this more than me. Danged stupid skin chemistry. :(

Edited by whataboutprom

Aw man, I didn't want to because I knew it'd be a pain ever getting more of it -- but I love this a lot. I've told this story elsewhere, but for posterity, since I started getting migraines and stopped being able to wear so many of my old perfumes, Snow White has become the scent my perfume world orbits around. I loved it when I first tried it back in 2004 as one perfume of many but I've developed an intensely affectionate, nearly monogamous relationship with it post-migraine. Of the scents I can still wear freely even on days I'm easily triggered, this is the one I love the most and I'll buy anything BPTP releases scented with it.

It works beautifully as a bath oil, especially if the water is hot enough -- that seems to release the scent a lot better -- and regardless of anything I put on my skin during or after, it always feels a lot softer just having the oil in the water. I don't need to use so much of it that it makes my bath a slippery mess once it's drained, which is nice, too. It's a light scent, but the oil itself is well-perfumed.

It works beautifully as a body moisturizer as well, sinking in the skin quickly and not feeling greasy yet not disappearing. And the scent lasts and lasts and lasts if you 'wear' the bath oil. Not just all day, but into the next. I'd be hesitant to put it all over my body for that reason because I think I'd stink up a room with Snow White if I did that and not everyone would appreciate that as much as me, but I use it on my lower legs and elbows and it's nice to get a fresh whiff every time I shimmy out of my pants or pull up my sleeves. HOWEVER...I almost hesitate to write this because it sounds so horrible, but when I first put the oil directly on my skin, it smells AWFUL. Like diapers and scotch tape. Something about how the perfume was reformulated for the bath oil does it no favors concentrated and on its own, but thankfully it mingles with my skin chemistry basically within seconds and smells like the gently sweet Snow White I know and love. If Snow White doesn't play nice on your skin, I'd exercise caution before smearing it all over in case the funky notes linger instead. That weird diaper smell is something I've never gotten from any other Snow White bottle or product, so thank goodness it's gone so fast.