Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Strawberry Lemon Drop Candy Cane

This has really changed in the few days since I received the TP package. Its a mix of sweet strawbery and lemon syrups, a hint of mint, and a fizzy, almost soda-ish base.
Its fun and light-hearted and makes me think of the line in the movie Elf that elves only eat "candy cane, candy corn, and syrup", plus a little soda from the burp scene. :lol:

There's a reason I stay far far away from anything mint. I also don't like citrus scents. Overall, Strawberry Lemon Drop Candy Cane was complete epic scent fail for me. I barely got any strawberry, what little I did went straight to fake plastic on me. Most lemon scents turn into Lemon Pledge. I won't even get into the mint.

Not a keeper.

~

This one is fun, fruity and festive. Thankfully the combo of mint/berry/citrus doesn't turn into a horrible clashing mess on my skin as I feared. It actually reminds me a bit of that Orbit berry-mint-something gum--Wildberry Mint? I forget--but without the menthol or cloying artificial sweetness. I do tend to amp lemon anything and I amp the lemon in this a bit more than I would have wanted, but the sweet mint and strawberry are strong enough to hold their own and keep it from going the way of lemon overhaul.

This one is fun. I get fizzy strawberry, lemon and a hint of vanilla candy cane. It smells light, sweet, and girly.

And yes, something that elves would eat. ;)

This is mostly peppermint right after application to my skin. As it begins to settle and dry on me, I get more fizzy lemon and a hint of strawberry, but the mint remains the strongest note on me.

Of the Sack Of Switches scents, this is the one I was most excited about trying. Let's see how it turned out!

In the Imp: sour lemon candy balls and a slight hint of sweetness, but nothing as discernable as strawberry at this stage. There's also an edge to it that's reminding me of the first art school I went to, so I think that the lemon is reminiscent of turpentine somehow. But don't let this put you off- it actually smells quite nice in here. Make me feel nostalgic, even *sniff, sniff*

Wet on skin: Ah, THERE'S the strawberry! It's not overpowering at all. The combo at this point makes me think most of Strawberry Lemonaide. The way most places add syrup, as opposed to fresh berries, to the lemonaide. It's a candy version of the fruit to be sure, not the fresh note found in, say, Strawberry Moon '09.

Dry Down: the strawberry has become more candy-like, but somehow, also more subtle, so there's a balance that happens here. the lemon is more in the background, and if someone passed me while wearing this they would likely ask what that tart strawberry-vanilla scent was. I get no mint, but absolutely a light touch of vanilla is present, which I guess accounts for the "candy cane" part of the deal.

In all: light throw, sweet and innocent, this is a pretty scent for holiday and day use, and also one that a child could wear and it would be totally appropriate.

Were BPAL to offer a full size bottle next Yule, I'm sure it would be well-hoarded.

;)

Edited by VioletChaos

I'm actually not getting the mint or candy cane smell from this, which I'm okay with, because citrus + mint fragrances tend to gross me out and make me think of cough drops or cleanser. This is mostly fizzy, tart, bright lemon on me, with a drydown that shifts more to a strawberry hard candy smell. It would probably be too sweet for me, but the lemon has a clean, sour edge to it that cuts through the otherwise cloying strawberry. After an hour, I'm left with a light, sweet strawberry that doesn't have much throw. It smells girly, playful, and nice enough, but I don't think I need to track down more of this, as it's not all that unique smelling on my skin.

In the imp: Candy strawberry, with a hint of lemon candy and peppermint

Wet: And the lemon zooms into the lead, with strawberry candy in second, and peppermint trailing the field. And yet, from far away, all I get is the candied strawberry. Strange, that.

The dry-down: It's a dead heat at the finish line: strawberry candy, lemon drop and candy cane. :) Very candy-sweet, indeed. The candy cane note reminds me of Lick It. The strawberry candy note is similar to the one in White Chocolate, Strawberry, and White Pepper (from the '10 Lupers), and the lemon candy note is somewhat like the lemon sherberts (lemon drop candy from the UK) that Dumbledore likes to offer everyone, or I imagine.

I didn't like this when I tested it at WC, but a little aging has helped a lot. Besides, I can't resist strawberry. :)

In bottle: This is nice. It's like a strawberry lemonade candy cane. It's really tart and sweet in the imp with just a hint of mint under it. This has potential.

On me: That smells insanely familiar. After consulting with the husband-thing, it reminds us of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls. That little bit of plastic, bit of artificial strawberry, and something powdery about it all. It's all those things. *chuckles* Fake, artificial, plastic. This is one for the scent locket.

Strawberry Lemon Drop Candy Cane - My very first thought upon applying this is that it reminds me of the Strawberry Lemonade I order at Mimi's Cafe... if I were drinking it while simultaneously sucking on a peppermint candy. It's delicious - the strawberry definitely smells like a thick strawberry syrup and the lemon is fresh is sweet and doesn't remotely remind me of furniture polish. The peppermint gets stronger as the scent warms up on my skin. This is such a fun fragrance, and I can see it being delightful as a summertime scent as much as it is a festive holiday scent. Love it!

Strawberry Lemonade, with a hint of coolness. I don't like this as much as the berry lemonade I get from Sweet Winter Berry Ale, but maybe it's because SWBA is too fresh in my mind. Strawberry Lemon Drop Candy Cane seems a little plastic and artificial--things that aren't always bad, IMO! In this case, though, it seems maybe a little too simple and a little too fake. I'll pass it along to my children who are sure to love it.

One of my favorites. Fizzy strawberry combines with minty lemon. It's tart, sweet, refreshing and fun!

Strawberry and lemon are two of my favorite scents. This is definitely super sweet, thick and candy-like! It's got a bit of an effervescent quality to it and I think that it goes well together. This one fades to almost just the strawberry after a bit, though, and the mint never really lasts on me.

In the bottle - An almost minty/herbal lemon scent

Wet on me - It really does smell like lemon grass with a touch of mint to me

Dry on me - Soft sweet, sugary lemons

Overall - Oddly I don't get any strawberry from this at all, but what there is, is quite pretty

I tested this at the 2010 Seattle Will Call, but didn't remember my impressions. I later bought an imp.

In the imp: Mainly a sweet, candy-like strawberry with a cool mint note. I'm not really smelling any lemon. The mint note is intensely cold, cooling the back of my throat.

On my skin it's similar at first, but the mint quickly becomes the dominant note. I think I smelled a sweet lemon *very* briefly, but the mint is very powerful here. It's a skin-cooling scent, and I think (along with my Lick It Vigorously) it will be excellent for cooling down in the summer. In fact it smells like a nice summery drink at the moment, almost like one of the Luau Lounge scents minus the booze. Weirdly even though I applied it to my wrist, I'm getting cold sensations in my elbow??? Weird nerve-linkage, I guess, but that hasn't happened before. O_o

At first it was sweet candy cane, then dried down to sweet strawberry lemon candies.  The lemon isn't very strong.  It smells like a lemonhead candy - a little tart and sweet.  The strawberry helps keep it from getting too lemony and tart.  It's a fun scent! 

Got a little tester imp of this scent from another forumite. 

It seems like there is a little mint when it's wet, or something wacky happening with the lemon, but after a few minutes it's gone. 

Then it's all strawberry lemon candy, and it has some decent throw!