Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ami226

Heroine

Nepalese amber, East African patchouli, dark musk, apple blossom, petitgrain, aged leather, skin musk, and rhubarb.

In the imp: Eau de Cologne and by that I mean the “Water of Cologne” which is made up of almost all citrus notes.
On my skin: Still Eau de Cologne, high pitched and greenish. Where is the patch? Hmm the petitgrain warms the blend a bit when it dries.
On my skin dry: Still no patchouli or leather in sight, it's pretty much petitgrain and a bit of amber on my skin. A nice scent for warm days.

Something in this went really wrong on me. From wet to dry, I mostly got an overwhelming high-pitched smell, something like ammonia. Not pleasant! Most of the notes in this I know are good on me, so I suspect either the petitgrain (which I haven't tried before) or some combination that hasn't been in my other scents. Bummersauce :cry2:

I'm so confused.. this is the only scent I've not been able to detect patchouli quickly. I mean its a front-runner note, right?

Overall Heroine is lovely. Wet: Fruity amber with a prominent rhubarb note, anchored by vanillic dark musk. Drydown: less fruit/rhubarb and the amber blooms WONDERFULLY. Now its warm, glowy, musky goodness. Kinda like La Lugubre Gondola.

Wet: A mix of sweet and bitter notes, fruity and floral. Not getting any of the darker notes (patchouli, leather, musk) which I expected to amp. This is very fresh smelling, currently, and somewhat green. Sadly, the Nepalese amber (possibly my favourite note ever) can't be detected yet. While I like the freshness of this, the sharpness is a bit off-putting. Mixed feelings!

Dry: It's interesting - I tested this in two spots on my arm, the back of my wrist, and the inside of my elbow. At my wrist it dried down much sweeter, and I can actually faintly smell the Nepalese amber. In my elbow, it remains much more tart and bitter, more green, not nearly as pleasant. Sadly, I generally find my elbow is a truer test to how it will smell when I actually wear it, applied to my neck/chest area to keep the throw down and the scent closer to me. As a result, this likely isn't wearable for me. Sad. :(

ETA: I was so torn because this smelled so different on my wrist (gorgeous) and not as great in my elbow (bitter) that I did a full slather - turns out the amber comes through! It eventually did on my elbow too, enough for me to think I should track down a bottle of this. Man, I love that amber note!

Edited by LizziesLuck

Blind testing Heroine, my first thought on application was "apples and oranges." Gradually that became "musky apples and oranges with something else." Then I peeked at the notes and realized that what I was reading as bright, tart citrus was in fact rhubarb, which made a lot of sense. I never really got any leather from this, or any patchouli; essentially it was a sunshiny fruit and musk blend on me. Pretty, but I was hoping for something a little darker.

Heroine is one of my favourites! It's a complex scent where you can smell all the layers. 
Fresh form the bottle I get some greenery and sharpness. Wet on skin it becomes more sweet and crispy. Reminds me of some wild, unexplored places. Sharpness is still there but maybe more citrusy? Green and musky it's also slightly fruity - propably apple, but it's not foody, more fresh and sweet.
Overall: perfect combination of musk and patchouli – which is warm and sexy with some sweet, fruity greenery. Love it! :wub2:
And also I really like the label ;D

Heroine is somewhat reminiscent of The Butterfly on me, as they both share the same petitgrain note, and both feature amber. The amber and petitgrain were the main players for a while, but then the dark musk became more prominent over time. Sadly, I was never able to pick out the rhubarb, which I was curious to be able to pinpoint in a perfume.

I probably wouldn't reach for this one over The Butterfly, but it was nice to be able to try it.

In the bottle, I get lots of heavy amber and musk. I seem to amp the apple blossom, petitgrain, and rhubarb -- once applied, those notes come out and add a bright, slightly tart floral while the amber and musk lighten up a bit. I can pick out the leather note, but it's hanging out in the background along with the amber and musk. Overall impression is a not-too-intense amber underpinning bright, citrusy blossoms -- very different, in a good way, from the heavy scent I get in the bottle.