Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Valse Finale et Apotheose

The return journey: three honeys, white mint, and apple blossom.

In the imp: sweet apple and honey. Like a gentler, softer Mitzvah Goreret Mitzvah.
Wet on skin: the honey is a tiny bit sharper, as is the apple, but this is really lovely, and I can smell sweet mint too.
Dry on skin: so pretty. If the apple blossom doesn’t turn bad, this could be a winner. The honeys in here are exquisite-not too sharp and stinging like some honey notes-these are all sweet, sugary honeys, golden and sticky, and this smells like honey syrup drizzled over sweet juicy apple slices. A little like Mitzvah Goreret, but with no pomegranate and hyssop, and with sweeter honey. The mint adds a fresh, almost frosty tingle to the whole scent.
After a while: I’m surprised-it smells predominantly like apple blossom and yet it works on me! I’m not sure if it’s the honey keeping the blossom in check but there’s very little of the usual soapy floral apple plastic I usually get with apple blossom. What I get is a very appealing sweet yet slightly dry apple with one of the loveliest honey notes ever, not at all sharp, very sweet but not syrupy, it’s almost like a cross between honey, spun sugar, a delicate amber and something fuzzy and musky, like a honey musk or a pale musk. The mint has that cool, almost dewy and fresh scent which lifts the fragrance. The apple blossom does have a tiny hint of that slightly bitter scent I associate with apple peel, but for the most part it’s not too distracting.
Verdict: this is what I wanted Mitzvah Goreret Mitzvah to smell like. Whilst that was a very sharp honey with an apple that turned to rotten fruit on me, this smells of the most divine honeyed apple ever. It’s the perfect honeyed apple scent, with a sweet, floaty apple blossom that smells fruity yet very gently floral, with a stunning honey note that’s sweet without being cloying and has a soft musky cosy scent to it, and there’s a lovely watery mint note too. I’m glad I managed to get a partial bottle because this scent has grown on me a lot…I wasn’t sure about the apple blossom but with a couple of tries, I know I love it.
Is it a keeper? Yes.
If you like this, try: Verdandi, Hesperides, Hony Mone, Liberty

Initially, I got honey and apple blossom--and it is as lovely as I'd hoped it would be. The mint worried me a bit, as I had no idea how it would play off the other two notes, but as I caught a few hints of that within a few moments, I realized that, surprisingly, it works amazingly well with everything else.

This is a gorgeous, light scent. I can easily see myself reaching for it on those days where I want to feel downright pretty.

This perfume smells just like my favorite sweet-mint gum. I was a little worried about the honey being overpowering, but it's soft and sweet instead of heavy and cloying like the honey in O. It's not really herbal enough to be a Rappacini's Apiary blend, but it's that same sort of muted honey smell. The apple blossom is just a brief fruity burst before it's overtaken by the mint, but this blend is great at any stage. An unexpected love!

This is gorgeous.

I get mostly honey + apple, both of which usually take over a blend on my skin (fine by me as I love both notes) so together they sort of balance and are just fantastic. The honeys are gentle, not the overwhelming kind. This is actually a lot lighter than I expected and will be great for summer.

In the bottle - Sweet clean honey with a touch of apple blossom

Wet on me - A lovely green fresh honey

Dry on me - A lovely warm soft gentle honey

Overall - A light pretty summers day of a scent. I prefer my scents a little deeper, but this would be brilliant for me layered over something resinous or musky

Spicy. It starts to ooze sweet. The mint is really trying to spoil it. The honeys are nice, but I don’t like the mint in it.

I just got this bottle from Etsy (I am trying so hard to get all the Nutcracker scents) and I think it's just lovely. In the bottle I could smell the honey very strong and wet I thought it was quite a gorgeous honey, and the mint really surprised me! But as it dries down it's a sweet close to the skin apple. I think this is a great one to wear around my little one, not too strong and just happy smelling. Also oddly perfect for this late spring weather.