Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Valse Finale et Apotheose

VALSE FINALE ET APOTHÉOSE
The return journey: three honeys, white mint, and apple blossom.

Valse Finale et Apotheose - Well, this one surprised me. I didn't expect much from this at all, as apple blossom tends to go soapy and some honeys turn to poopy diaper on me. White mint is one of the only mints I can wear, but otherwise, it just didn't appeal to me. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I first applied it and it smelled... pretty?! Totally not what I expected! I smell gorgeous, sweet, smooth honey and a bit of white mint and the faintest trace of a floral that doesn't turn soapy and disappears completely upon drydown. The mint also disappears not long after drydown, leaving behind the subtle scent of honey on my skin. This is definitely a scent that stays very close to the skin, but when its wet, it's particularly pretty. I may try this in a scent locket to keep that "wet" scent going throughout the day.

I don't get much apple blossom at all. Okay, I don't get any apple blossom. And I'm not crazy about mint. But I do love honey.

And this scent is one. A honey, I mean. It's honey that isn't too cloying because the mint, while minty, is a mellow mint. The honey sweetens the mint and the mint mellows the honey. It's exquisite. It lasts throughout the day, and while sillage is light-to-medium, it's like a sweet and steady candle that won't go out, giving light whenever it catches your (my) attention.

Bottleworthy.

In the imp, this reminds me a lot of Door- it's mostly soft honey. When I put it on the skin, the honey takes the background, and the apple blossom comes to the forefront. It's a cool, barely minty apple with just a whisper of honey. It's soft and delicate. I don't mind it, and in fact it may one be the best of the new Yules I've tried this year. Dunno if I'd need a whole bottle- it's almost soapy in a way, like Bath and Body Works kind of- but it's certainly not a bad scent. I wish my skin wouldn't suck the honey away, because I think I'd really like it in that case.

Once totally dry, I get a bit more honey back. I will have to try this one again. I may end up wanting more.

Edited by VioletFemme

Valse Finale et Apotheose

On: Very pretty. Definitely apple blossom and light honey, with a hint of mint.

Half an hour in: Pretty mint and apple blossom, with some sweet, but not syrupy, honey.

1 hour in: Blossoms with a hint of honey and mint. Pretty.

1.5 hours in: Sweet honey and bit of mint.

2.5 hours in: Mostly powdery honey, but with a bit of an odd wood note.

4 hours in: Powdery honey.

5 hours in: Powdery honey and mint. Very pretty.

6.5 hours in: Sweet, powdery honey. I think this is pretty, so I'm gonna put some more on to see if it's bottle-worthy.

~12 hours in: I keep thinking to myself, "Something smells really nice," and it's me. Ha.

24 hours in: A very pretty,. powdery honey.

Overall: I'm so glad I reapplied. I think that the secret for me with this oil is to make sure I put enough on.

in the bottle and wet: straight apple blossom, maybe with a hint of honey? but almost entirely apple blossom (one of my favorite notes, however, so I don't really mind!).

Absolutely gorgeous. It's that creamy, sexy BPAL honey - three kinds of it! - and a sprinkle of soft mint. The apple blossom, to my nose, lends just a soft powdery-ness to the blend... in a very GOOD way, mind you. This scent is warm and creamy, but in a very cold, wintery way. It's impossible to describe and absolutely worth a second (or third) bottle! I'm in love!

I can't pick out any apple blossom with this one, which is fine, because apple blossom usually turns to soap on me. I get tons of sweet honey at first with a hint of soft, sweet mint (like peppermint on me, but gentler). The drydown after fifteen minutes is all honey all the time. The honey has a powdery edge to it that isn't quite like baby powder, but just makes this smell like a decadent honey scented dusting powder on my skin. It's very sweet on me, but the powdery/creamy edge keeps it from being cloying, and it's light enough that it doesn't really bother me. Valse Finale et Apotheose doesn't have much throw at all on me, but it's pleasant. This scent reminds me of a lot of Wylde Ivy's honey blends that have a dusting powder sort of feel to them. I'll probably keep my decant of this'n.

The apple blossom is the strongest on me at first. Can't say I really smell any mint. After about 5 minutes, the apple blossom fades out a little, and honey comes out. Honey with a sweet apple tinge to it.

Honey often has a play-doh scent on my skin, but it appears to be behaving in this one. It's nice and smooth. When it's dry, sometimes when I sniff it I smell all honey, and sometimes all apple. Weird.

There was the faintest bit of mint here when this was wet but the drydown is honeyhoneyhoney with a little apple blossom. ITA that it's a lot like Door, with its floral/honey mix. It's nice but I've tried so many honey BPALs lately and they all just run together after a while. I think I'm sticking with O for my honey needs.

Stunning. I love how mint and honey combine together for a tingling herbal scent. The apple blossom takes away the herbal element and adds a touch more sweetness. Afterwards the mint quickly burns off and it becomes this creamy honey apple blossom.

At first, this is very a very honey dominant sweet blend. I get a bit of heady floral, kind of like lily and a bit of mint. This eventually turns powdery, but nice while it lasted.

In the vial: Apple blossom first, then a tangy thing that might be mint, then a honey. Delicate, but penetrating.

Wet: The honey takes lead. It is a floral honey with almost an almondy side note, rather reminding me of the honey from Lupanar. The apple blossom is trying to hold its ground, but the mint ducked out.

One hour: Very floral honey and apple blossom with just enough mint to notice it's there. My daughter liked this one on me.

Four hours: It was a little strong there for a while, a lot like Lupanar actually, but it's calmer now, less sweet and a bit more complex. My skin loves it too. Must decide whether I need more.

In the bottle: Gentle honey tempered by a light mint and the apple blossom.

Wet: The mint and the blossom are somewhat dominating the light honey.

The dry-down: Still pretty much the same as when it was wet. It's a pleasant, gentle, springtime scent, but I was hoping for more honey. The partial bottle that I have will be fine for now. I'm hoping that this might age into something a little honey-sweet.

Oh, this is very, very pretty. My skin eats honey, but the mint and apple blossom are exquisite. But after a short while, I start to get powder. Woe. I really liked this one, too. ;_;

This is actually the last Yule 2010 imp that still needs to be tested. Ok, I'll admit it, I saved it for last because I thought it sounded like one of the best of the bunch.

Wet on skin: Oh my gosh, this is GORGEOUS! The mint is very light and delicate, tempering the sweetly tart honey, and the apple blossom is not going the least bit soapy! It does remind me a bit of Door, another of my favorite honey scents, but less tart for sure.

Dry on skin: This is still absolutely lovely, and might very well be my favorite of ALL the Yules this year! very little morphing going on, but the honey is the dominant note in the blend now for sure.

After a while: The tartness of the honey has mellowed just a hint, and the mint is virtually gone, but the apple blossom is still lending a sweet floral to the blend. I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but seriously, Valse Finale et Apotheose is just stunningly beautiful. This is definitely my favorite of the 2010 Yules, and might possibly my favorite out of both this year and last year's Yules.

Final Verdict: Oh Em Gee, this is just such a lovely blend! It's delicate, sweet, and so very bottle-worthy! Possibly even backup bottle-worthy!

Rating: 5/5 :wub2:

If you like this, try: Door, Yew Berry Infused Honey, Durian Fruit Infused Honey, Any of the Rappaccini's Apiary Blends, Crib Girls, Mead Moon

Using a slightly altered yeahbutnobut review formatting, because it is the epitome of awesome.

Honey and apple blossom. The apple blossom smells slightly soapy to me.

So yes, light, pretty and very appropriate for a young girl.

Apple blossom is one of the few florals that I really enjoy -- it smells to me somehow like pale, airy apples. Honey is one of my favorite notes ever, and I don't really have an association with white mint, so away we go!

The honey here is a very light, delicate honey, neither cloying nor sticky. The apple blossom is light and airy, and I can smell the white mint adding a touch of soft herbal. It doesn't really smell minty, but it adds a little crispness to the scent.

I've smelled a lot of honey blends, and although I love my rich and sweet honeys, like in Josie and O, this honey is light and delicate and pretty. I didn't expect to love this blend, but it's the only one out of the many Yules I tried this year that I consider bottle-worthy. It's pretty and light and wearable -- similar to the honey in Door, but the apple blossom makes this one a little more fruity and wearable for me than the herbs in Door.

Also, despite its lightness, I definitely found this blend had pretty decent lasting power on me. A wonderful scent, wearable, and still a little unique.

This perfume is wonderful! It smells like thick golden honey with a nice balance of mint and apple blossom.

The perfume lasts for hours, leaving a warm honeyed glow long after the blossoms and mint have faded away.

Love it!

Mmmmmm, honey! On first application, this is a cool blend of mint and honey, but the apple-ness soon lends a nice, lighter sweetness to the blend, so it isn't as heavy and sticky as honey can sometimes be. This is a delicate honey blend, slightly powdery over time, but in a nice, flowery , playful way.

This is a very nice and light scent, i dislike mint/snow scents, but this is not going on strong in here.

From the imp: flowery/fruity and sweet

Wet: sweet, fruity, flowery, dusty, and light, it's very nice.

Dry: The mint comes a bit more out, but still very light, it's a very lovely scent, it's girly but not to young, i can compair this a bit with Snow White(07) on me.

The mint is so soft, i never thought i would like that in a scent, i would have loved to have a bottle but got my decant to late :( going to find me a partial :wub:

After 6 hours: This scent reminds me of Regan, very nice a bit light, this really needs to be reapplied after a few hours.

Edited by Icekitten

In the imp, I'm getting honeyed apples, with just a touch of mint, possibly enough to, you know, not kill a blend like it usually does. On my skin, appley honey and a breath of mint. Delicate, and barring any changes, wonderful. Aaand it's gone.

Edited by Venneh

I get 80% apple blossom, 10% mint, and 10% honey, it feels like. I wish I got more mint and honey than apple. It's a very pretty scent, but I'm just not a huge fan of apple scents. If I was, I would be buying backup bottles like nobody's business. It really is nice.

I am positively leaping for joy at another BPAL apple blossom scent that doesn't go to cheap floral soap on me. Actually it starts off wet as that apple shampoo I used to use in junior high, but dries down into a lovely feminine floral honey scent with just a hint of mint to give it an airy and refreshing feeling. An unexpected winner which I can see as ideal for those summer days when you feel like you're wilting.

Bottle: Shampoo. Oh apple blossom, why you gotta be that way?

Wet: The mint starts to peak out and I am getting the distinctness of the honey. Reminds me of the honey in Queen, a little. Apple blossom continues to be apple blossom. I can't argue with apple blossom. It's just a big stupidfaced jerk.

Dry: Apple blossom has finally sat the hell down. This is a sweet honey on me with a subtle mint and a little floral from the apple blossom. The honeys remind me of Mead Moon without the harsh lemon. It's very... pretty. Pretty is a good word for this. Sort of girlish and young and subtle.

Throw: Minimal.

Overall: I got this because it sounded sort of like Dream of the Fisherman's Wife which is one of the most mind blowingly inappropriate things I've ever smelled (I love it). This is nowhere near as all out smutty as DotFW (which clearly means I need to be trying more ambergris scents). It is very lovely, however and I will probably wear it a lot during the warmer months of the year. The skin close quality of the honey and the light, refreshing mint mean this will probably wear really well once patio season hits.