Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thursdae

Mother Ginger

From beneath her skirts emerge eight gingerbread children: gingerbread, French vanilla, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and marshmallow cream.

Aged half-decant: Smells spicy and gingerbready. I can get a whiff of the ginger ale folks have been mentioning, but that goes away when applied. Might be the age factor here.

Wet: Spices! So foody. I like this sort of scent in candles and room spray, but not on my skin.

Dry: Much softer (although I didn't slather, so YMMV depending on application). Pleasant if you like foody scents.

I really haven't reviewed this??  Ok, I've worn it for the last 2 days and it's lovely.

I remember not liking it as much when it was new.  I guess it needed a bit of aging.  It's airy poofy ginger vanilla marshmallows, with the softest spice.  I think it has really settled and aged nicely.  It lasts a good 5 hours or more.  I'd like to layer this with a rose scent.  I don't really get anything lemony like some other people did. 

To me, this is mostly an effervescent sort of ginger, and more in the line of gingersnaps than gingerbread. I recognize the French vanilla being the root beer-y vanilla from Love's Philosophy. Oddly enough, I don't get the marshmallow cream from this, and it veers into more perfume-y gourmand than straight-up gourmand by the end of the day. I'm not sure which note is doing that!

I'm going to let this settle some more and retest it in a few weeks, but at the moment, I feel like it starts off nicely, but doesn't end up drying down into something that rivals my other ginger/gingerbread scents.