Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Leopard403

The Kingdom of Sweets

An empire of jellybeans, rock candy, sours, lollipops, gumdrops, peppermint sticks, held together by taffy mortar.

This was a disappointment for me. :cry2: Too shrill and sharp. I wanted some sweet fun, but got an acidic letdown.

Wet, super sweet and fruity, like Laffy Taffy or Jolly Ranchers. Dry, much the same. This reminds me of Candy Phoenix, but if I remember correctly, that was a more strawberry candy scent. This is more orangey blend. The fruit is more of the fake variety, and gets dustier as it dries. I really knew this one wouldn't be for me, so I put it in the 'will eventually try pile', rather than 'the must try before Yules go down pile'. Those that like candy fruit roll up style blends may like this, though! I may dig the imp out if I'm craving candy, but otherwise, this is not for me.

Yummmm, this is like an entire candy store jammed into one 5ml bottle. :yum: It's like a blast of sweet sticky sour stuff, mostly tart and fruity like Sour Patch kids, gummies, etc; I don't get too much peppermint. Screw Christmas, this is ideal for any time of year!

Brilliant. It's everything advertised, and then some. So, so, good. I wish I would have stocked up on this.

In the imp - extreme blast of sugar so sweet it was nearly sour. Not quite what I was expecting but certainly fitting the description.

Wet - wow this one is strong. All manner of crushed sweets, and although I usually love sugary sweet scents this one tips over into being too much for me. It reminds me slightly of Sugar Plum Fairy, but that one is a lot more delicate and smooths out differently.

Dry - Mostly jellybeans now. I like it better this way, but I think I'll have to stick to lighter scents. It does perfectly fit "Kingdom of Sweets" though.

Sour lollipops. Lemonheads? Definitely an edible candy lemonyness. Not sure about the jellybeans, rock candy, gumdrops, peppermint sticks of taffy mortar but it definitely smells like sour lollipops.

Until it morphs from hard sour candy to soft fruity candy. Its very refreshing. Hard to stop sniffing my wrist...

omg. this is a sugar rush in a bottle! it is pure sweet, sticky, candy madness. this is a world of gum drop trees, lollipop flowers and easter grass. it's so powerfully sweet and sugary- it smells like lemonheads and gumdrops and all sorts of sweet and sour fruit candies. it's so sweet and cute- it makes me happy just to smell it.

the initial crazy rainbow blast of candy does fade pretty quickly, leaving behind a light, sugary-fruity scent that lays close to the skin. :yum:

Edited by porcelina

Sniffed: Yes, this is candy through and through. So sweet, it borders on artificial.

On skin: No-beating-about-the-bush tooth-aching sugar rush explosion, no nuance or complexity whatsoever. The same pure-sugar-sweet of Velvet Unicorn, sans the latter's cream note.

Verdict: I generally have little to say about foodie blends, because they're what they are, and make me ill too. So I have little to say about The Kingdom of Sweets, it's exactly its name and exactly the notes list, and I can't stand this sweetness. No, thank you.

Well this had me excited for quite awhile! OMG deliciousness, definitely overwhelming candy sweetness and I LOVE it. Until drydown, when I get a strange cough-syrupy type of scent that keeps wafting up. Blech! I hate cough syrup- it makes me gag, so this is not a pleasant scent experience for me.

I needed some sweetness in my life today so this was an excellent choice. This is definitely CANDY, specifically a mixture of Starburst and jelly beans. Orange is the most prominent scent but I can smell a melange of other fruity notes underneath. I don't get any mint from this, for which I'm thankful. I think it's perfect the way it is. For me, it's pure happiness in a bottle. :wub2:

Edited by inurbanus

Oh how I love Kingdom of Sweets!! It was so strong the first time I tried it- but it has settled down and it is so delish!! Definitely an orange colored candy- but I feel like I get a lot of yuzu out of it... :wub2:

In the bottle - A slightly sharp grapefruit candy

Wet on me - The grapefruit softens into a melange of fruit flavoured boiled sweets

Dry on me - A sweet, fruity concotion

Overall - It's nice enough but it doesn't really grab me

WOW! What more can I add that wasn't already added up above!! 100% SWEET and SUGAR!

I am a BPAL foodie fan and boy, after testing an imp I just got..I had to make an appointment to see my dentist! Yeah, THAT sweet!

I didn't get fizzy out of mine, like others have mentioned, but spot on with the scent of candy!! Like a Halloween pillowcase full of candy exploded! :) if you like sweet scents, this is a must for you...just not for me.

Fizzy, orange-y, sweet CANDY. Oh man this is good. I apparently have JUST gotten around to testing my imp from a circle when this was live and I'm kicking myself because I could do with a big bottle of this!

In the bottle: Lovely orange is all I can smell, and it is marvelous! When I move it away from my nose I smell...coconut? The only "downside" with this is that the scent gets stuck in the back of my throat instantly, so I have this odd feeling while sniffing it or even while wearing it.

On: Juicy oranges, almost so real that I can smell the zest too.

And that's it, ladies and gentlemen, Kingdom of Sweets doesn't change at all on me. Fresh, sweet, juicy dripping slices of oranges is all. I think this would be wonderful to layer with!

I don't get any candies what so ever in this and even if I hoped for that I'm still really happy with what I got, all fresh fruit.

In the bottle: not much maybe a faint bit of sugar

Wet: This is very sweet! Which is awesome! I mainly get the lollipop vibe and maybe the very faintest hint of mint. It's not minty though but it just gives the sweetness a cool note overall. I do get some other fruitiness but it's definitely candy like. Lemon and maybe strawberry to my nose.

Drydown: Not much throw on this at all. But when I sniff my skin it's mainly lollipops dipped in sugar. Wish this was stronger overall and I'd be crazy about it. But all the delicious sweetness is just too light.

I bought Kingdom of Sweets directly from the lab when it came out, but haven't reviewed it until now.

Bottle: Sweet, but also a little bit tart/sour. It does smell quite a bit like walking into a mixed candy shop and smelling all the goodies. There are some sweet fruit notes (more candy-like or like artificial fruits than fresh fruits) with a sugared orange note (like orange soda) being most prominent.

On my skin, the orange is still there, but I'm also getting a note that reminds me of red licorice. And something chocolatey as well - not a super strong chocolate note, more like it's there in the background. I did a comparison sniff with Violette Market's Cold Confections Cart 2010, which is kind of similar, but that blend is much more smooth and creamy with chocolate as a more prominent note. Kingdom of Sweets is all about the sugar-based candies. I'm not smelling any peppermint in here, despite "peppermint sticks" being listed as a note. I am actually getting a pretty clear mental picture of the sun dazzling off sharp-cornered structures built of hard colored sugar.

As it dries, Kingdom of Sweets has a more creamy base, kind of like chocolate-vanilla fudge.

I'm a fan of candy scents and this is one of my favorites from BPAL :D

Similar blends (to my nose): Uncle Brian, Rosy Maple

Edited by sunlitgarden

Delicious sour candy, jellybeans, and lollipops with a touch of mint. The gumdrops in here are pretty strong too and made me think of sugar plums. There is definitely some powder that appears when it's dry, but it works because to me it makes me think of powdered sugar on all these candies. On me, it's a little similar to Sticky Pillowcase but more sweet than sour. The mint stays in the background and doesn't overshadow the rest of the notes, which I'm grateful for because I've got tons of mint scents.

A new Yule favorite, it's a perfect blend of holiday candies! :wub2: