Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
darklorelei

When your favorite GC blends are discontinued

Any thoughts regarding a replacement for Nocnitsa? I love the smell of moss in a forest, at night?

Maybe Jersey Devil with a layered dirt note? The moss/foresty parts were like Jersey Devil to me, but Nocnitsa had those added dirt / soil / earth notes.

Any thoughts regarding a replacement for Nocnitsa? I love the smell of moss in a forest, at night?

Maybe Jersey Devil with a layered dirt note? The moss/foresty parts were like Jersey Devil to me, but Nocnitsa had those added dirt / soil / earth notes.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give it a try. Jersey Devil is already a favorite so getting a mossy dirt to go with it may help.

I never did get to try Nocnitsa, but have you tried Burial?

Given the similar notes, I should try it but I'm wanting more woods than dirt. Maybe I can layer Burial and Black Forest...

Given the similar notes, I should try it but I'm wanting more woods than dirt. Maybe I can layer Burial and Black Forest...

It depends on your skin chemistry, I think--I got more woods than dirt from it. But YMMV.

I still have a good bit left in my imp so I'm not panicking, but does anyone know a good replacement for Wolfsbane?

It's probably a stretch to ask.

On me It smells so sharply green and peppery, I love it.

Edited by PersimmonSeeds

I still have a good bit left in my imp so I'm not panicking, but does anyone know a good replacement for Wolfsbane?

It's probably a stretch to ask.

On me It smells so sharply green and peppery, I love it.

Wolfsbane had something akin to Belladonna, to me - might be worth a try! They're not the same but something you may like in its own right.

Hello. I was frimped an imp of Szepasszony by a lovely forumite and am finding I really like. It's also really different from anything else I've smelled, though I usually avoid things described as "aquatic." Freshwater aquatic seems to work on me sometimes though and thats what I get from this, along with lavender and some sugary, fresh floral.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Hello. I was frimped an imp of Szepasszony by a lovely forumite and am finding I really like. It's also really different from anything else I've smelled, though I usually avoid things described as "aquatic." Freshwater aquatic seems to work on me sometimes though and thats what I get from this, along with lavender and some sugary, fresh floral.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Not a GC, but the reviews I'm reading of Waiting (from this year's Liliths) indicate that it's rain with a hint of lavender. Similar enough to try layering for the Szepasszony effect, perhaps?

Would anyone happen to have a suggestion for a similar GC blend to 'The Temptation?'

I love this one, and it's pretty much my go-to...and I'm on my last bottle.

Thanks much!

Would anyone happen to have a suggestion for a similar GC blend to 'The Temptation?'

Thanks much!

You must see if you can find Belle Vinu! They are not the same but you may really love Belle Vinu.

Also in a similar warm-golden-fruity feel: Tzadikim Nistarim, Delphi, Loralei, Hermia, Hetairae, Les Bijoux.

Thanks much!

You must see if you can find Belle Vinu! They are not the same but you may really love Belle Vinu.

Also in a similar warm-golden-fruity feel: Tzadikim Nistarim, Delphi, Loralei, Hermia, Hetairae, Les Bijoux.

I'm on the waitlist now for Belle Vinu, and after scouring my spreadsheet, I've got Tzadikim Nistarim and Les Bijoux in my untested imp pile, so I'll give those a shot. Loralei looks lovely as well.

Delphi and Hermia are discontinued, so I might avoid those, lest getting into the same boat I am now with Temptation...LOL

Someone also hit my messages and suggested Phantom, as it also has similar notes.

Thanks for the suggestions! :heart:

Is there anything to replace Neo-Tokyo? It has been gone quite some time by now, but perhaps there are some who can help.

Thanks much!

I've never sniffed The Temptation but La Bella Donna Mia Mente has some notes in common, Peach blossom, Musk, Rose.

Is there anything to replace Neo-Tokyo? It has been gone quite some time by now, but perhaps there are some who can help.

I haven't personally tried it yet, but Little Sister Is Watching You has been compared to Neo-Tokyo in reviews. A voice on the airwaves: electric, aldehydic cherry blossom.

Edited by Wench457

Anyone have any recs for a scent similar to Suspiro (Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley)?

Anyone have any recs for a scent similar to Suspiro (Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley)?

I've never smelled it, but just based on note, The Witch Queen shares a few - Wild plum, red musk, tuberose, calla lily, heliotrope, pimento, ylang ylang and beeswax beneath a dark haze of sinister purple-hued incense smoke.

Maybe The Waltz of the Flowers? White musk, Madonna lily, jasmine sambac, ylang ylang, bourbon vanilla, and clove. It has the lily, jasmine and ylang ylang in common.

What are the most dominant notes on you? That may help in narrowing down something else that could be close...

I've never smelled it, but just based on note, The Witch Queen shares a few - Wild plum, red musk, tuberose, calla lily, heliotrope, pimento, ylang ylang and beeswax beneath a dark haze of sinister purple-hued incense smoke.

Maybe The Waltz of the Flowers? White musk, Madonna lily, jasmine sambac, ylang ylang, bourbon vanilla, and clove. It has the lily, jasmine and ylang ylang in common.

What are the most dominant notes on you? That may help in narrowing down something else that could be close...

Thank you for your suggestions, The Witch Queen has been on my radar for quite a while and it will probably be in my next lab order!

I've never actually tried Suspiro, but plummy florals are my jam and every note in there is perfection to me. Orchid, jasmine, lily and ylang ylang are some of my favourite florals, and now I'm a bit obsessed with this perfect sounding scent with all my favourite notes in it.. And of course it is DC'd and hard to find!

I just found a random imp of Regan and I'm in love! I'm bummed that it's discontinued. What's another super light floral in the GC? It also went a little sunblock-y on me, but in a pleasant way.

I just found a random imp of Regan and I'm in love! I'm bummed that it's discontinued. What's another super light floral in the GC? It also went a little sunblock-y on me, but in a pleasant way.

I guess even though you requested "super light florals" I thought I might try suggest possible scents that belonged to the vanillic floral category (because there are just way too many super light florals in the GC range to list- it would result in pages of suggestions, haha)

Given that Regan is sort of a vanillic floral, you might enjoy the new permanent addition in the Neil Gaiman lineup- Zorya Polunochnaya. There is also Lyonesse, which is more vanillic than floral- but has a similar vanilla musk note. Even though it's not a GC, Vanilla Orchid SN is easily accessible on the secondary market and nothing that would break the bank. If you're keen to hunt out another LE, you could try track down Opuhi (Ginger blossom and vanilla orchid.). Otherwise, Lady Death Savage, Dolce Stil Nuovo, and Mouse's Long and Sad Tale are also some commonly suggested light vanillic florals in the GC catalogue.

Someone frimped me a bit of All in the Golden Afternoon and I fell in love... only to find it was DC'd! Help a girl out with similar suggestions? The fizzy fruitiness smells wonderful on me and I'm genuinely worried I'll go through the entire imp this summer.

Someone frimped me a bit of All in the Golden Afternoon and I fell in love... only to find it was DC'd! Help a girl out with similar suggestions? The fizzy fruitiness smells wonderful on me and I'm genuinely worried I'll go through the entire imp this summer.

So I honestly can't remember what this smelled like - but I wrote in my review that it reminded me of Pandy (which is currently available) so maybe it will be similar on you as well?

Hmmm... so I actually was not a fan of All in the Golden Afternoon, nor do I know anything else exactly like it, but you might try Shango, which has got the pineapple thing going on. You might also try Ogun, which has a fresh fruit with tobacco thing. They are sort of in the same wheel house, but still pretty different. Definitely got some fizzy fruitiness though!

Also, you might try Drink Me. I haven't smelled that one, but people have described it as having pineapple and a buttery/caramel smell, which is something I got from AITGA. Also, being in the same line, they might have some similar notes.

Sorry. That one was an odd ducky. :/

I'm dying for a replacement for Hemlock Honey. (The Wild Honeysuckle is almost close, but it's not anywhere near as intense or boozy and I miss that summer-heat kind of feel.) Suggestions?