Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
herongale

The Ultimate Raspberry!

I'm looking for a fresh, non-candyish scent, and one that specifically smells like rasberries and not berries in general. Any ideas? <3

Fruit Moon, Akuma and the Raspberry Single Note (obviously) has raspberry. I haven't tried any of them, though, so I can't speak for how they smell.

Your best bet would likely be the Raspberry SN, but that, obviously, is very hard to find (I've been looking since March, and just last week snagged a shortie of it! heh).

Edited by Aredhel

Well, Alecto has raspberry leaf in it, hasn´t it? :P

Ah, good point; I entered 'raspberry' in the search engine, and came up with those. D'oh.

Oh, I´m looking for that too! I tried Akuma, but it didn´t smell like raspberries at all to me. :D

Heh, on the drydown, Akuma was almost pure raspberry juice on me, very very true to the real fruit!

How skin chemistry can make a scent vary, really :P

Heya all! I'm looking for BPAL's most awesome raspberry scented perfume. It's one of my favourite smells, and so difficult to find!

So far I tried Akuma - which is okay, but more orangey on me with just a hint of raspberry. I'm after something with powerful raspberry!

Any recommendations?

Red Tide. It was all raspberry all the time when I skin tested it!

i have that on my wishlist, but wasn't sure if it'd be too boozy with it - did you find it that way?

Red Tide. It was all raspberry all the time when I skin tested it!

i have that on my wishlist, but wasn't sure if it'd be too boozy with it - did you find it that way?

It's not a true raspberry by any stretch, it's raspberry punch, and by punch I mean hooooly cow is it alcoholic.

I have not found a good true raspberry scent yet - it seems to be very hard to translate it to perfume without it being overly sweet or syrupy, when true raspberry is tongue-tinglingly tart. Dionysia is my favorite of the blends that *have* raspberry, but it's more of a general dark-tart-fruit than distinctively one berry.

I love raspberry but haven't found a BPAL one that suits me. You may try plum, currants, and pomegranates (especially paired w red musk) for a similar juicy red fruit feel.

White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle has a strong, tart raspberry note. It was an LE from earlier this year, but still pretty easy to find.

I wish I could easily find White Chocolate, Black Raspberry and Apricot Cordial Truffle. It's proving hard to track down. All I've managed is half a bottle and a decant that got smashed on its way to me. :(

To me, it's a sort of gooey, candy center raspberry. It smells almost identical to Godiva's white chocolate raspberry starfish candies to my nose. :yum:

I'm not sure I'd call it a true raspberry scent, but I would call it delicious. :D

Akuma: Devilish temptation, as sweet as sin: blood orange, neroli, and raspberry.

It smells like orange and raspberry lolly pops. :yum:

I've been hunting for a scent which resembles ripe, dark, sweet raspberry boiled with lots of sugar so it turns into an aromatic delicious sweet syrupy goodness. Please help, if you can think of anything. It doesn't have to be BPAL,it can be any brand whatsoever although Bpal recommendations would be hugely aprecciated.

By the way raspberry jam scent would be lovely as well as strawberry syrup or strawberry jam. I'm soooooooooooo longing for those scents. share your expertise, forumites, please :hug:

Edited by relax

I'd recommend trying to find these limited editions on the forum sales here:

*Golletes - Halloween LE. Smells like jelly donuts filled with raspberry and strawberry jam.

*White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle - Lupercalia LE.

*White Chocolate and Strawberry - Lupercalia LE.

*Zombie Apocalypse - retail exclusive. "Swirls of red jelly and sugary white ooze." Smells like strawberry jam and maybe a bit of caramel to me.

Or maybe from the GC:

*Hollywood Babylon (Wanderlust) - "Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry."

Try to find the most recent Berry Moon. The 2011 one is very raspberryish to me, but the earlier one is more perfumey.

Monster Bait: Bloody Mary might be hard to find, but it's cherry and strawberry together, to me.

Bon Vivant is a GC scent and it's fizzy strawberries.

Blood Kiss is another GC that is honey, clove and cherry.

The two jammiest scents I own are Knave of Hearts and Tomoe Gozen- both are currant-rich, not berry-rich, but they each have that sweet/savory quality you seem to be looking for. Knave is the jammier of the two (like, hot-buttered-pastry-dripping-with-preserves level), and it's from the general collection, so that might be worth finding an imp of. Tomoe was a limited edition dealy from 2009, and though it has more fruit (red currants and blackberries), it "feels" less foody-sweet than Knave. Knave is just mouthwateringly dessert-ish to my nose.

Golletes and Pancake Breakfast, but also Day of the Skulls could be nice for you

and offcorse Puddin's Cherry Christmas Puddin!

From the general catalog, Red Queen is great. It smells like cough syrup when first applied, but quickly dries down to a great thick fruit scent. Reminds me of raspberry squares.

And it is an older LE (Yule 2009) but if you can find Mason and Jenkins Port Jelly it is a thick jam scent. Smells kinda like red Swedish Fish candy.