Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Autumn and Winter

Bitter currant and dry leaves. Winter wind at dusk.

Leaves are mostly a miss on me, but here they are not so harsh. At first, very astringent, and then dries to a very authentic dried leaf smell along with something icy sweet and slightly nutty. Quite wearable, but not really 'me'.

In the bottle: Slightly aquatic feel, possibly the "wind".

Immediately after application: Still a bit aquatic to me, but with leaves and currant.

Warming up: The aquatic feel has faded and it's definitely got a leafiness to it. No currant now, but I consider that a positive. I like it better than I expected, though it's not really for me.

Got a tester from Dark Alice (:

Imp: Medicinal and leafy. Not all that pleasant but I never judge a blend by its vial. It could still be a winner!

Wet: Soapy aquatic. Not a fan at all. Where are the leaves?

Drydown: Good, the aquatic goes away and gets replaced by sweet incense.

Dry: Still sweet incense, but with cool air. The aquatic returned but luckily it's in the background.

Further on: It gets a bit musky, which is nice. Eventually there's s faint hint of leaves but it's hard to catch unless I concentrate.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed with this blend. It does smell pretty nice after the wet stage but it's not all that autumnal. I wanted leaves and barely got any. ): Such a shame, especially since I've wanted to try this one for ages and thought it would be fantastic.

i have found that i should probably buy any bpal fragrance with autumn leaves in the description. not that i find any of them to be repetetive. this one is like an autum/winter sunset in a cold climate where the sun pours golden through the clouds so that you expect to hear angel's trumpets. jubilant winter sunset...

In the imp: Very dry leaf and sandalwoody. It's the sandalwood I'm getting, but I'm a little surprised that I'm not immediately turned off by this scent. When I put the imp down, I also get the slightest hint of sweetness and fruitiness.

Wet on skin: Still very woody - more something else than sandalwood, though.

Dried down: Wood, wood, wood..... with a hint of floral that I think is actually the currant mixed with the wood.

Throw: Not a whole lot. What I get while I'm typing is the currant, I think, but tempered by the wood, whereas it's the other way around when I sniff my wrists.

Verdict: *** 1/* I'm really surprised I like this as much as I do. I'll probably keep the imp for awhile, at least, but I don't think I'll be searching out a bottle. It's a pretty scent, but I have others I like a lot better.

Ahh, dry leaves! One of the best notes that I never tire of. Here, they're mixed with a minty or menthol note...must be the "wintry wind." The leaves have a realistic dry sharpness to them. Almost bitter. No hint of currants, just leaves and winter air. Along the lines of Black Forest, Thanatopsis.

This is a nice autumn scent, but on me it's more masculine than I like to wear. I might use it as a room scent, but not for perfume. I'll give it to my brother. I get the leaves/herbals when wet, but as it dries, it loses any hint of smoke. There is some fruit, so it's not too dry. But I detect a hint of allergic reaction (itchiness in the back of my throat. Also, the dry-down is a tad soapy on my skin.

Edited by RavenintheWind

This just doesn't work for my skin or nose, it's very high pitched, strong, perfumey, headachey (for me), and I've had to wash it off every time I've tried it.  I thought I liked both notes but it just doesn't agree with me.