Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

WHOOP
“I don’t know what to do!” cried Scrooge, laughing and crying in the same breath; and making a perfect Laocoön of himself with his stockings. “I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy. I am as giddy as a drunken man. A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world. Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!”

He had frisked into the sitting-room, and was now standing there: perfectly winded.

“There’s the saucepan that the gruel was in!” cried Scrooge, starting off again, and going round the fireplace. “There’s the door, by which the Ghost of Jacob Marley entered! There’s the corner where the Ghost of Christmas Present, sat! There’s the window where I saw the wandering Spirits! It’s all right, it’s all true, it all happened. Ha ha ha!”

Really, for a man who had been out of practice for so many years, it was a splendid laugh, a most illustrious laugh. The father of a long, long line of brilliant laughs!

“I don’t know what day of the month it is!” said Scrooge. “I don’t know how long I’ve been among the Spirits. I don’t know anything. I’m quite a baby. Never mind. I don’t care. I’d rather be a baby. Hallo! Whoop! Hallo here!”

He was checked in his transports by the churches ringing out the lustiest peals he had ever heard. Clash, clang, hammer; ding, dong, bell. Bell, dong, ding; hammer, clang, clash! Oh, glorious, glorious!

Running to the window, he opened it, and put out his head. No fog, no mist; clear, bright, jovial, stirring, cold; cold, piping for the blood to dance to; Golden sunlight; Heavenly sky; sweet fresh air; merry bells. Oh, glorious! Glorious!

“What’s to-day!” cried Scrooge, calling downward to a boy in Sunday clothes, who perhaps had loitered in to look about him.

“Eh?” returned the boy, with all his might of wonder.

“What’s to-day, my fine fellow?” said Scrooge.

“To-day!” replied the boy. “Why, Christmas Day.”

Golden sunlight and sweet fresh air brightening a Heavenly sky on Christmas Day: crisp winter air, shimmering amber, sweet honey, with a touch of pumpkin pie, pine cone, cranberry, and bayberry.

I just got Whoop in the mail and I must admit this is the blend I was most exited about and most apprehencive.
I have only tested it on my hand for several hours, but a full trial still needs to be done.

Having said that, to my nose, this is very wintry when wet. I get pine trees and winter snow, cold air. After it dries down, this just morphs just the right amount of right.
I gets a little sweet on the pine, you still get the scent from a gorgeous snow day thats crisp and bright, and just a little sweetness towards the end which I imagine is the berries and pumpkin pie. This is gorgeous and a perfect Yule blend. Win for me! :wub2:

ETA: I gave this a full trial and my mind hasnt changed at all. This is a gorgeous scent and I am in love with it. Its not overpowering but has a nice and lasting throw. Its win for me! Although I dont detect any pumpkin pie whatsoever.

I am in full agreement with LunaLovegood's review. This is a really, really nice blend. It is rare that I wear the same oil two days running, but I am doing this with Whoop.

Initially it is all about the pine. A freshly cut Christmas tree, dragged into the house. Later the pine takes a backseat to the other components, which are nicely balanced in a sweet but not cloying way.

I worried that I would smell like a holiday candle... which maybe it does a bit, but in the very best way possible. My husband agreed when he smelled my arm: he said I really did smell like Christmas. It's a very happy scent for me!

my bottle of Whoop smells very strongly of pine, cold and spices.

then it disappears for the most part, only to leave traces of pie crust.

This is truly Christmas in a bottle for me. I find it starts out well-blended, but the standout note for me is the snow/"crisp winter air" with the other foody, pine cone, cranberry (similar to a warm, spiced cranberry cider drink I've tried), bayberry smells lingering in the background. It's completely evocative and powerfully emotional scent for me. I'm transported outdoors, walking through the snow, pine trees abound and all the warm and comforting Christmas smells from the nearby houses waffling around me. Interestingly, after a while, the cranberry (now it reminds me even more of that cider drink), pine, and a little bit of pie start to get stronger, like if I'd entered into an inviting, warm home after being outdoors, with a Christmas Tree and other wonderful holiday smells, the snow and crisp now way in the background. Just breathtaking! :wub2:

This scent is beautiful. It's Christmas in a perfume. I worried it'd smell too much like a candle at first but after it's warmed on my skin it smells like pumpkin pie and berries and just the faintest touch of Christmas tree. It's not really foody, though; it just smells warm and homey. Going to be wearing this on Christmas Eve, for sure.

Wow... certainly understand now why people say that this smells like Christmas. The pine is at the forefront, but with a rather soapy background -- sort of a floral/amber scent. I definitely don't pick up any pumpkin pie at all, but I'm interested in seeing how my perceptions of this scent change after a couple of applications.

I was hoping this would be a little sweeter and spicier, even though the description says just a hint of pumpkin pie. That being said, I love the actual scent as opposed to my preconceived idea of what it would be like. I was trying to describe this to a friend who was waffling about buying her own bottle. "It's like Christmas in a bottle," I said, and that's exactly what it is. There is pine and bayberry and cranberry and this note I can't define that just *is* christmas. I was a little afraid that I'd smell like a holiday candle, but I don't. This just... is Christmas. I can't think of a better way to describe it.

This is indeed SO Christmassy - yet doesn't make me feel like a holiday candle or a big bowl of Christmas potpourri. I think, at least on my skin, that the amber and honey give it an anchoring element that make it a perfume rather than a straight up, foody-evergreen scent you'd spray all over your house (although it would make a gorgeous room scent if you are so inclined). So I have sort of an amber and honey base with these festive holiday elements wafting over it - the pine, the sweet berries, a hint of pumpkin pie spice. Although I don't get any sort of ozone or "crisp air" note, this isn't heavy or cloying, so there's some sort of magic afoot that kept this from being overwhelmingly sweet and leadfooted. Makes me want to open the windows and shout at everyone in the street, send an urchin down to the butcher for that giant goose in the window, and generally merry-make.

The cranberry (and maybe bayberry) are coming off almost like a mild cherry to me. That's unusual. But it's pleasant and natural, without a hint of cough syrup or candy. That note is very strong in the beginning, but it's really tempered by a warm, woody pine as Whoop dries. The heart of the whole thing is rich honeyed evergreen with a lingering bit of red fruit. I think I also get some of the "winter air" with a sudsy, white, clean smell in the background. I would say it's soapy, but it's somehow not soapy soapy in a bad way. It's definitely not ozone or BPAL's snow note. I don't know what it is, but I'm pinning it on the "winter air" mixed with amber.

I get nothing of the pumpkin pie, and I'm actually rather glad that these other notes are not overwhelmed by buttery spice.

It's different from your average Christmas scent, as others have said. It does fade a little fast than I would expect though.

Whoop was the Christmas Carol scent I was most excited for, and it's a delight. I love the bayberry and pine; it puts me in mind of a sunnier version of Yuletide. I love this, but it has almost no stay on me; an hour after application it was almost gone.

Well, with the pine cone and cranberry and coldness, this certainly does smell Christmassy. It's not a scent I mind, but it's also not something I'd wear as perfume, personally. I'm very picky about cold-smelling scents, and I only have a couple that I like enough to wear. I keep checking to see if there's a new one to add to my tiny wintery stash, but this one isn't going to be one of them.

In the Bottle:

Pine Cone!!!!! Lots and lots of pine cone….. also, there's a little amber, honey, and a touch of bayberry

Wet on Skin:

Pine Cone (not quite as strong as it was in the bottle), amber (starting to turn weird on me as usual), honey, cranberry, & bayberry

Dry:

Amber (oh god it's just awful on my skin), honey, pine cone (not nearly as strong as before), cranberry, & spice (no pumpkin pie unfortunately…. just the spice)

Amber almost always does horrid things on my skin… sometimes it turns into powder, sometimes it turns into play-do, sometimes it turns into vinyl, and sometimes it turns into dirty socks. Unfortunately this has gone the dirty sock route. I gotta go wash this off STAT

Whoop - I was excited about this scent more than any others from the first Yule update. While it definitely smells Christmassey, it's way too powerful of a scent. The pine cone, bayberry, and cranberry are the strongest notes, and as they warm up on my skin, the smell becomes positively overwhelming, until I smell like I rolled around in a huge vat of potpourri. It's just way too strong and overwhelming for me. I probably would like it a lot more as a room spray to give my home that holiday scent and feel, but on my skin, it's just way too much.

As soon as I sniffed this, I smelled honey, but following straight behind was the pine cone. Then come the fruits in the background. Wet, the honey makes a re-entrance and the cycle starts all over again. This has a very cool, chilly feel to it. Perhaps it is just my imagination, but it even feels cooling on my skin. As Whoop dries down, the amber starts to come through, but the pine cone and honey remain on top. The pumpkin pie never shows up. This is very interesting and rather unusual. I enjoy smelling it but it's not something that I would necessarily want to smell like. I would sooner burn this or have a candle that smelled like this.

This is just plain amazing for about ten seconds - and then it turns to single-note bayberry candle on me. :thud:

I foresee oil burners in my future, because it's too nice in its raw form to swap away.

Whoop smells like Christmas - pine trees, tart berries, and a hint of baked goods. The amber and honey gives it a warm background, and I would algo categorize it as 'slightly foodie'. Very seasonal.

:wub2: Heavy on the honey and amber with pumpkin pie, pine and bulging red fruits. It's an explosion of sweetness and spice with fruits and woods. This is going to make a gorgeous room scent.

Juniper and bayberry, and something fruity. It’s kind of a cool scent, because of the juniper and pine, but also kind of a warm scent, sort of woodsy, like firewood. Some cinnamon appears later, maybe vanilla? Kinda like mulling spices.

Unfortunately, I think I've identified a note out of this that's wrecking it and making it soapy: pine. Some kind of awful Pine-Sol thing takes over and makes the whole scent all antiseptic and bathroom-cleanery, reminding me of all the bad parts of Knecht Ruprecht. I like the cinnamon-spicy-pumpkin-pie bits of this, while they last, but the pine (and possibly the bayberry too) takes over and makes it bad on me.

Whoop is a bit of a disaster on me. I was intrigued by the mention of pie and pine cones, but this is mostly juniper and sharp cinnamon on my skin, with hints of too-sweet honey and perfumey cranberry. The overall feel is so much "cheap Christmas candle" on my skin. I'm really surprised that this doesn't have gin listed as a note, because I'm getting that sweet, slightly fizzy, boozy juniper scent as the strongest smell here. It has a boozy quality to it that makes me feel like I've had way too much to drink at a Christmas party and it has left me nauseous and ill... blech :sick:.

This is lovely and Christmasy, but I agree with others that this might work better in my oil burner or as a room spray than as a scent I would wear. Wet, I got a lot of cranberry (which was lovely), but as it dries down there's a lot more bayberry and pine, sweetened by honey. I get nothing I can ID as pumpkin pie, and I also don't really get any amber (but I'm very amber-neutral and often miss it in scents). It is nice and bright and festive! I also think it would smell really good on my husband (I tend to read bayberry as a little bit unisex or masculine).

In the bottle and on the skin it smells like a candle one buys from the Christmas Tree Shops. I want to write more for a review, but I can't say much about this scent besides NOT FOR SKIN. I can imagine this for a room scent.

Whoop

On: Spices and pine.

Half an hour in: Something sweet and pine.

2 hours in: Honey, some spices, and pine.

5 hours in: A bit sweet and kinda foody, with lots of pine.

Overall: I think something in this one made my eyes watery for a while. It's kind of a crazy cacophony of scents, so it was a bit much for me.

Christmas candle. That's what I get from this- a combination of holly, some spiciness, and bayberry or mulberry or whatever those red Christmas candles are usually scented like. It smells like a Christmas wreath in a country cratf store. Meh- not for me.

This smells much different than I expected!

Wet: the sweet parts are there.. shimmering amber, honey, pumpkin pie, cranberry. Then the pine cone and bayberry starts to amp almost instantly, squashing the sweets instead of working harmoniously with them.

Drydown: pine cone and bayberry with a touch of cranberry. I smell like a xmas dinner table centerpiece.... in july. :( I hope this works for others!