Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

The Soldier

Red musk, vanilla cream, black tea, black pepper, leather, and pie.

I've had my eye on this for a while. Recently I was purchasing something else from the Lab's Etsy, and snagged this as well.

Wet: Mmm, red musk, with a lot of sweetness, just like I like it! It makes for an interesting sexy/gourmand combo that I adore. In the same vein as Elephantine Colossus, which is one of my fave red musks, and also akin to Now Winter Nights Enlarge, and even Red Lace to some extent - sweet creamy complex red musk. LOVE.

Dry: I am so happy with this, it's just what I had hoped! The leather hasn't ruined it like I feared (it's iffy on me) in fact, I can't even detect it. This is just sweet, creamy, slightly gourmand red musk. To die for!

Mmm lovely, sweet pie and red musk on the frontline, as the more spicy notes compliment it greatly.

On my skin it morphs to a very sugary mint/liquorice candy cane with a lot of red musk. A great holiday scent!
A bit too liquorice-y for me personally, but otherwise an absolute pleasure to sniff!

I've been in love with this one for about a year.

A very rich spiced cream over a rich deep smooth musk. The tea, pepper, and leather all melt together and I think it's what's making the somewhat licorice-like spice. Not sharp at all. It only occasionally reads as licorice to me, but I know what people are talking about. (I like licorice anyway.) The pie brings sweetness and a bit of a buttery feel, but despite that and the cream, it's not a gourmand fragrance.

I do think of it as a holidays/wintertime fragrance but I think the soldier is a delight any time of the year.

Rich, smooth, and sultry in a masculine way.

The one is Red Musk dominant for sure.
In the opening I also get a strong scent that smells like sarsaparilla and black liquorice had a baby, it's pretty cool

It starts to get a little creamy and vanilla-y in the dry down but remains mostly red musk

I'm unable to pick out the pie

This starts off as a nice creamy red musk, but shifts to a musky red licorice that's not really my speed.

A scent with a huge sense of humor. I am in love with the concept, the foodie tea classics paired with the masculine soldier elements. In the bottle, I wouldn't guess red musk; I get pepper, pie, a crackle of leather, creamy tea, and then....the anise starts emerging. 

Wet, the red musk makes a dazzling appearance before whooshing into a saucy and wholly uncredited appearance by ANISE. No surprise if you've read the other reviews, and I had before I got this scent, but it still is a fun surprise, like knowing spoilers but still enjoying seeing exactly how they're executed in the story. So this stage is all black licorice and PIE. Yes, pie. I get crust, some kind of jammy filling, but what kind of fruit exactly is a mystery because the anise is such a diva. I am okay with it here! It totally fits on stage, it is not clashing with anything.

Act II: a couple hours later. Red musk returns. HAAAAA-llelujah! She is beautiful, tangoing with the anise. The creamy tea is a dreamy background, the vanilla a subtle touch of sweetness. The pie is pretty much gone. What a crazy, fun morpher The Soldier is. It really is like a whole ballet in one bottle. If you have any luck with anise, give it a whirl!