Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Beaver Moon 2010

Here we go with the double entendres again! Strawberry and peach cheesecake, heavy on the sticky glaze.

This reminds me a lot of Zombie Apocalypse. The strawberries and a sweet scent that smells like the sugar in Zombie Apocalypse dominate. There's a darkness that smells a lot like brown sugar on me. I don't smell cheesecake or creaminess anywhere, but I'm not complaining. I like this a lot.

I loved Beaverversary, but Beaver Moon '08 didn't do it for me. I was so curious to try this one-in the bottle, it's not as cheesecakey as the other Beavers were. More sweet and syrupy and fruity-I looove the peach note. Mmm--this is soo yummy on my skin! I still don't really get cheesecake from this-maybe a touch of graham crackery crust, but lots of sweet syrupy pinky peachy glaze! Sooo good!

I can see why some would be disappointed in this considering it is not really chceesecakey the way the other Beavers are. While I love me some cheesecake, I still absolutely adore this blend. I love love love the peach note, and this is just sweet sticky sugar blasted candy strawberry peach glaze deliciousness!

This is so nice. Much more of a pure fresh peach than Peach Moon.

Lasts a really long time and comes back as a suprise, like if you change rooms, you can smell it again.

I was scared of the peach note from the off, but my bottle seems to be mainly juicy strawberries and pie crust. This is absolutely delicious and I want to bathe in it. On nom nom nom nom.

It smells so gorgeous in the bottle and I was very excited, but the plastic note of doom got me as it hit my skin. It burned off a bit as time went on, and you get a sort of strawberry pastry scent, but the plastic is always in the background. I'm so sad! :cry2:

But the scent in the bottle is so wonderful that I'm going to keep this around and use it as a locket scent. It's that nice. I just wish so much that it had worked on my skin!

YAY! I finally got my bottle of Beaver Moon today at Knows Perfume!

This is one of the nicest (I'm not quite sure why, but the word elegant comes to mind...) foody blends I have ever worn.

Based on other reviews, my boyfriend and I were wondering which would come out more on me (the strawberry or the peach)and decided that we hoped it would be the strawberry...

Strawberry wins! :joy:

In bottle: Strawberry candy with a hint of Peach candy and a bit of cheesecake...

Wet on me: Holy Strawberry Jam batman! :wub2: And cheesecake...and a bit of cream...and a bit of peach

Dry: A super yummy, soft, perfectly balanced Strawberry Peach Cheesecake.

I'm so glad I got no plastic sweetness...just yummy goodness.

Wishing now that I had bought 2 bottles. :thud:

This is spectacular on me! I can definitely smell the classic Beaver Moon 05 cheesecake, and from reading other reviews, it seems I've got lucky chemistry! The scent starts out heavy on the sugared peach note, which is pleasant enough, but then it settles during the drydown, letting the pink strawberry scent and creamy, decadent cheesecake and Graham cracker come forward.

My husband commented on this immediately when I walked in the room, he loves it too! A rave review, especially considering my insane perfume hoard of doom. :)

Wow, this smells as sweet and tart as a Jolly Rancher candy when I first put it on. This is not necessarily a bad thing, for me. It's like a strawberry version of Midwinter's Eve, on me -- it's that bright and sweet. It doesn't stay like that, though. When I put my nose right up to it, it smells a little bit plastic-y. So I moved my nose back and tried to sniff it from a distance... whatever smells a little bit like graham cracker crust smells a little off to me.

Hunh. Well, I loved Beaver Moon 05 and 07, but this one isn't quite working for me. Well, that's disappointing.

This is my birthday moon so i was really excited when i recieved this as a frimp from a lovely forumite.

Unfortunatly is was just too sweet for me. It was like swimming in a vat of peach smoothie. I love peach but i dont know if it loves me. But im am suuper happy that i got to try it. And if you love sweets id say give this one a chance. Though id much rather eat it than wear it. :lol:

I waffled so hard on this one, had two lovely forumites offer to CP for me, and even a bottle offer after canceling a CC Now order I had made, which after reading reviews, I ended up declining the kind offers. But then I saw one for sale on the forum and decided to get it! Really glad I did. I am amping the strawberry (peach is in the background but hiding out eta until about 20 mins in, and then it sweetens up and comes out super naturally and yummy) and cream, it's really sweet and yummy and not plasticy as it dries down. Love it and glad I finally got it!

Edited by violetblue

I'll try this again later, but for now it's pure strawberry syrup - the heavy stuff you get at a restaurant buffet. I don't get any peach or creaminess, but I'm hoping that will change after it rests a bit...

ETA: retried Jan-2011 - still strawberry syrup. Maybe a hint of something tangy at the back, but barely detectable to my nose. Boo.

Edited by tacey

Hello peach syrup with a dot of strawberry. No cheescake to be had. Hmmmm, will have to re-test this at a later time.

Über strawberry candy fest in the bottle. Bright pink juicy strawberry bubblegum when wet! The peach starts to show up after ten minutes and there is the slightest hint of cheesecake, but if I smelled this without reading the description, I would think that this were all strawberry and peach. It's not an obvious cheesecake note.

This has some awesome throw. I wore it to bed the other night and could still smell it when I woke up. It was mostly strawberry by morning with a touch of peach. I decided to take a chance on this one since the full moon fell on my birthday, and so glad that I did because I like this. Not the kind of fragrance I typically go for, but it's fun and girly.

I don't get any cheesecake or peach from this, which makes me sad. Beaver Moon 2010 starts off smelling kinda like that creamy, pink bubblegum medicine that I was given when I was little. As it dries down, it's more of a strawberry hard candy smell, heavy on the cloying, artificial sweetness. I ordered two bottles, but this is too sickly sweet on me, and I was hoping for more of a cheesecake and peach scent...

Finally able to try my birthday month Lunacy, we'll see how it goes.

In the bottle, this is supersweet strawberry with just a hint of peach. On my skin, it's much the same; supersweet strawberry sugar. And it's honestly not working that well for me so far. We'll see how it goes.

Blech. Beaver moon is way way way too sweet. It made me nauseous. Guess this is one decant i will be giving to a friend who like candy scents.

Weird peach cheesecake with plastic, slight whiff of strawberry. BPAL's strawberry tends to go to plastic on me, so this scent is no exception. Which is sad, because underneath the plastic overtone, I can smell some AMAZING peach cheesecake.

If this were re-released as just "peach cheesecake", I would be very tempted to pick up a bottle.

Wet: holy strawberry! This is sugary sweet sticky candy bonbons strawberry.

Drydown: a little more peach here but I'm totally missing the cheesecake note. The fruit and sticky glaze is overpowering any cheesiness. I might layer this with bread and butterfly.

I love this! Just like all the other reviews are saying it's peachy, strawberry sweetness. I do get a little of the cheesecake aspect. My husband seemed to really like it yesterday when I wore it shopping. He exclaimed, "fruity!" Which is a compliment from him. I'm so glad I have a bottle! This would be great in spring/summer.

In the bottle: liquid sugar icing with a strawberry/peach jam. very, very sweet, but not the usual sugar note that i'm used to from the Lab.

Wet On Skin: the sugar is warming up and mixing with the fruit so it's becoming something like a fruit-sugar icing that one might glaze a donut with. mmmmmm :yum:

Dry Down: Okay, the sugar has morphed into the type that I'm more accustomed to from BPAL. I'm only getting the strawberry in a very faint yogurt-with-fruit-on-the-bottom kind of way, that is to say, sweet but subtle, and in the background. Mostly the peach is coming through loud and clear, and I'm not getting any hint of actual cream or cheesecake notes.

In all: medium throw, a daytime food scent for those that like the idea of fruit syrup as a fragrance. I might try layering with the original Beaver Moon '05 to see how that goes, but this might not stay in my collection...

:huh?:

I'm a cheesecake hoor so I had to have this. I get mostly peach, with the creaminess of the cheesecake and a teeny bit of strawberry. I get no graham cracker crust though. Bought a decant & lucklily snagged a bottle from a forumite once I'd smelled it. Love this one.

I absolutely adore this scent! After I apply it smells the same as it does in the bottle, and lasts all day.

One of my faves forsure! :)

Wow! I was completely surprised by this one. I was expecting to amp the peach like crazy, and for this to eventually turn plasticy or doughy with my skin chemistry. I was wrong on both counts! It starts out SUPER FRUITY- peach and strawberry jam goodness. It ends up pure strawberry Koolaid on my skin- bright and red and sweet and amazing. It softens so that it doesn't have a lot of throw, but it doesn't turn on me or do anything weird with my skin. I don't ever get even the slightest hint of cheesecake, but it doesn't bother me. I'm just happy this smells good and works on me. It's very fun and I can see wearing this in the spring and summer. I think I'll have to find a bottle.

I was slightly disappointed with this Beaver. I *love* the original and I didn't think this year did it justice. Then I got over myself and realized I do like this Beaver anyway. No, it's not full of the same cheesecakey goodness. It still smells like candy! Sure, the candy is chock-full of HFCS and artificial colors and flavors, but so what? That's what makes it so fun. I get peach and strawberry and that's about it. It's sweet and cute.