Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

My top three choices for my wedding were: Antique Lace (which I wore, at husband's request, because he adores it on me), Snake Charmer and Regan (which is VERY bridal to my nose). Of course, none of those really fit what you're asking for.

Three Brides leaps to mind as a possibility, though. I actually bought it with the intent of possibly wearing it.

But others... Kuang Shi, Queen Mab or Baghdad? I love Morocco, but it's all sexy soft woods on me (I did consider wearing it too, though.)

My wedding was pre-BPAL, sad!

But I think I'd wear 2/5/7 now. I always get loads of "mmmm, you smell so nice!" when I wear it, and it is such a bright and happy floral. It's like a warm garden - nothing white and powdery about it.

Yes. That would be my bridal scent. Happy, fresh, rosey.

Alice is very light and floral, but it might seem a little young for your purpose. I have a difficult time with floral blends as well. The closest thing to a perfumey perfume that I've liked isn't even BPAL - it's Burberry Brit - which is light and sweet and a little floral.

This isn't a scent recommendation so much as an idea you might like that I've found to be true.

My best friend wore Snake Oil on her wedding day; she had never tried it before, but she loved it the instant she smelled it. Now whenever she wears it, it reminds her of her wedding day.

In my own experience, I wore Punkie Night on vacation in Disney World this past year, and now every time I wear it, it puts me right back there again. Whatever scent you find, I recommend saving it (I know it's going to be difficult!) for your wedding day so you'll have the happy memory associations. Just a suggestion! :P

I haven't tried it myself, but "fresh and woody with a hint of fruit" sounds an awful lot like the reviews of 51 that people have been writing.

The Salon scents Three Brides & Silence sound very lovely! I also like Regan and 2,5, & 7.

May I suggest-

Nefertiti, Egyptian iris and olibanum with red and white sandalwood, soft myrrh and a breath of North African herbs.

I think it smells very classic and bridal.

Actually I was totally thinking about this the other day! I'm getting married this summer in Las Vegas actually and I've noticed that since I got into BPAL, I'm really particular about matching scents to occasions and such. Naturally I've given what BPAL I will wear for my wedding a lot of thought. :P

Right now, my personal first choice is Lucy's Kiss. That one for some reason really makes me think of brides... really clean, "white", classic, and feminine all at the same time. "Clean florals" tend to produce a "happy" feeling for me anyway. Runners up, as of right this minute are Hope, Faith, Juliet, and Sea of Glass. Antique Lace would be in there as well, as I personally think it's an excellent choice for a bride, but I wear it to bed so often I now associate it with sleepiness and actually start to get sleepy every time I wear it. :D

Edited by glass_cat

I don't care for white florals either. If I were getting married in late May (actually, I did -- to my first husband -- and I wore Jessica McClintock, blech! -- but I digress), I'd choose one of the following:

-French Love

-Morocco (has sandalwood)

-Antique Lace

-Aeval

-Amor (TAL)

-Dragon's Claw (has sandalwood)

-Xiu-however-you-spell-it (because it smells so festive and cheerful)

-Scherezade (because it's sexy)

So maybe something fresh and woody at the same time? With just a touch of fruit because we'll be on the cusp of summer?

How about Vasakasajja (Dressed seductively and sumptuously, reclining in a bed strewn with glorious, sensual blooms, she awaits the arrival of her lover. Her breath is quick with anticipation, and her cheeks are flushed with passion: skin musk, wild orchid, champaca flower, amaranth, tonka bean, and French vanilla.) Almost everyone who's reviewed it gets a fruity floral out of it. I did as well and I really loved the vanilla throw.

a little OT, but when I saw 'Bridal Perfume' in the subject line I instantly thought: Havisham! :P srsly, I'm saving up an imp of that to wear on /my/ wedding day, should it ever come...

On a more serious note, I vote Morocco. It has an almost Antique Lace feel to it, without the absolute sweetness and femininity of AL -- it's a little more grounded, has a little something extra.

If my wedding had been in summer, I probably would have worn Dublin ("The scent of misty forests, damp alder leaf, and the gentlest touch of white rose.") Such a gorgeous, light, sweet, slightly spiced rose. I must go home and put on Dublin now. :P

Aaaand...I can't think of any other suggestions.

I wore 13 at my wedding. We got married on a Friday the 13th, so it was very appropriate.

It really worked well scent-wise as well, not too heavy, not too sweet. Just kind of unique, and somewhat festive. And it totally reminds me of that day now.

I had two weddings (due to military schtuff and the fact that his family is in CO and TX and mine is all in NJ), and I wore Pink Phoenix for both.

I looooove pink, and pink was the accent color for the CO wedding (which was the first one). I'm not a fan of florals (I've spend too much time in a floral case working with flowers to want to smell like flowers) and a lot of my other favorites were things with names that were borderline acceptable (you smell nice! what are you wearing? Blood Kiss! - yeah, I think not).

For the second wedding, my bridesmaids were all "no pink!" so the chocolate brown dresses were a hit.. but no one knows I wore something called Pink Phoenix.. hehe!

<snip>

For the second wedding, my bridesmaids were all "no pink!" so the chocolate brown dresses were a hit.. but no one knows I wore something called Pink Phoenix.. hehe!

Hey... why don't I get that option? I hate pink, but my friend is quite decided that her bridesmaid dresses for this summer are going to be fuschia. :P

On a more pertinent note: I think Vasakasajja would make a great bridal scent. Or Strawberry Moon (especially for a spring wedding), which I have recently fallen in love with. However, since this is my only love interest at the moment, I won't be worrying about my own wedding perfume for some time. :D

I'm new to the BPAL boards (and to BPAL itself), and I have to say that these recommendations are great. I'm getting married in September and I want to find the perfect scent, so I'm ordering a whole slew of imps. I'll keep you posted on which one I choose (I'm getting Antique Lace, Dana O'Shee, Drink Me, Muse, Aeval and Baobhan Sith).

I am getting married in January 2008!

The colors are going to be Ivory, dark green, and dark to light pinks.

But I have no idea what scents to think of wearing, what would make me happy throughout the night! any ideas?

I have tried only Imps from BPAL so far which include: Wanda, Eve, Asphodel, La Petite Mort, Wolf's heart, Snake Oil, and Perversion. My favorites from those were limited to Asphodel and La petite mort. Though asphodel was still to sweet/floral for my taste. I didn't like how most of the rest were too incensey on me, or too strong of floral.

I haven't really found what smells the best on me as far as oils go. In the past though I really like Egyptian Musks and some resin smells. I love the smell of carnations, and also green scents, and some orange or Neroli scents. Not a big rose fan.

I guess I want something that is not too strong but still pretty and elegant, I guess I'm interested in pretty scents that might have gotten there by gardening, or bathing in flowers or spices. Something that seems like it was naturally put there, or smells light and natural.

Edited by girlpulaski

First of all, congrats! As for suggestions:

Succubus, though from the description and name it seems like it would be horrible at a wedding, but the notes seem right up your ally and it doesn't have a lot of throw on me so it's rather understated. So, yeah, ignore the parts that are not in bold... Bat-winged, flame-eyed, and possessed of an unearthly, perfect beauty: the Daughters of Lilith, the Succubi, invade the dreams of men and lie with them in rapturous, unholy sexual union. The scent of their skin is bittersweet, dusky and terminally seductive. Mimosa, orange blossom, neroli and bergamot with a drop of sweet clove.

Mantis also seems like something you may like for your wedding. Crushed herbs and sweet amber resin with a streak of patchouli, neroli and golden musk.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

We just set our wedding date-- 7/7/07! I'm way excited! We're getting married on the beach in a park we used to go to all the time while we were dating.

So my next important decision, of course, is what BPAL blend to wear!

I'm not into roses much either. I love citrus blends, carnation, cucumber, and grass/green scents. I've got a bunch 'o' imps (like, 18!!) coming, and Succubus is among them. But if I love Blue Moon like I think I will, that would be a possibility too... Or Pink Moon, or.... I seriously think this is going to be a really hard decision, since scents evoke such powerful memories, and BPAL has so many gorgeous blends. Arg! How am I ever going to choose?!

Congrats to all those with upcoming weddings!!

i wore samhain 04, i was married the end of oct. and it was just perfect, not to mention one of my top 10

I think that, for a bride who likes light scents, Garden Path with Chickens would be a beautiful, innocent bridal scent. Especially for an outdoor wedding, or one with lots of flowers.

I am getting married in January 2008!

The colors are going to be Ivory, dark green, and dark to light pinks.

But I have no idea what scents to think of wearing, what would make me happy throughout the night! any ideas?

I have tried only Imps from BPAL so far which include: Wanda, Eve, Asphodel, La Petite Mort, Wolf's heart, Snake Oil, and Perversion. My favorites from those were limited to Asphodel and La petite mort. Though asphodel was still to sweet/floral for my taste. I didn't like how most of the rest were too incensey on me, or too strong of floral.

I haven't really found what smells the best on me as far as oils go. In the past though I really like Egyptian Musks and some resin smells. I love the smell of carnations, and also green scents, and some orange or Neroli scents. Not a big rose fan.

I guess I want something that is not too strong but still pretty and elegant, I guess I'm interested in pretty scents that might have gotten there by gardening, or bathing in flowers or spices. Something that seems like it was naturally put there, or smells light and natural.

Too bad you don't like roses. I'd highly recommend Harlot (cinnamon & roses) since that's what I wore. :P :D But to repeat my earlier recs in this thread, try Dublin and Brisingamen, and also Morocco. Those are all beautiful light florals and light spices and all smell like they could be my own natural skin on me. They're not blatantly perfume. Give 'em a shot if you haven't already by now. :D

Poopie. My wedding this year is on All Soul's weekend, likely on All Soul's Day itself (if not will be next morn, is matter of church availability). I got an imp of All Souls, figured it would be THE perfect wedding scent. No go. It stinks so bad on me it is not even funny.

I am hoping to find something fabulous to comemmorate the day, something that I don't have in regular rotation, so that it is special and will evoke the day from then on for me. Goofy, but what can I say? I do great with ambers, incense smells esp myrrh, frankincense, sandalwood, pines, ozone, rosewood but not most other woods, many flowers but not if cloyingly sweet, honey, spice. I do horrid with fruit (I think this is what turned All Souls -- the current from the 'cake'), many cake-y smells, heavy milks. Samhain doesn't work on me although it smells good because it is the one blend that is instant headache with nausea for me.

What would you wear if you were me? And do I need to get some Honey Moon for the honeymoon or am I just a giant dork? (to put this into perspective, I don't yet have a dress picked out and have only tried on ONE, but am all obsessed over the right BPAL....yah, I am a little obsessed....)

Thanks much! *crosses fingers*

Did you want something autumnal? Or just something based on your likes?

If you like autumnal & pumpkin, maybe Pumpkin Queen, if you can get your hands on some: Regal Egyptian Amber, red ginger, orange peel, mandarin, cardamom, fig leaf and warm pumpkin.

Here are some other scents that I think are really nice that you might like. You didn't say anything one way or another about vanilla, musk, or spices, so some of these have them as components, but I tried to stick with the lighter musk notes:

And There Was A Great Cry In Egypt -resiny/woodsy/spice

Bastet - ambery/warm

Dee - woodsy

Golden Priapus - pine/vanilla

Lotus Moon - warm floral/amber/resin

Black Opal - cool musk

Thanatopsis - pine/woodsy

Harvest Moon - autumnal/warm

Antique Lace - vanilla/musk

Tushnamatay - sandalwood

Omen - resiny/woodsy

Seance - woodsy/rose