Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

dreamland (very yummy and I like the name)

When I first sniffed Dreamland, my VERY FIRST thought that it would be absolutely gorgeous for a bride. When I read the first lines of your post, I thought, "I hope she's got Dreamland in this list." And you did! I can't begin to tell you all of the reasons why I thought that (soft, feminine, romantic, etc. etc. etc.), but...at any rate...my vote is on Dreamland, 100%.

This is coming from someone who's always been the bridesmaid, never the bride...but if I do get lucky and find Mister Wonderful before my Dreamland LE goes bad...that's what I'll be wearing.

:P

When we got married (less then a month ago), I ended up wearing Nefertiti. Mostly because it smelled amazing on me, but also because it was a greener scent, then my normal Wanda or Samhain.

I love all of the recommendations (and thanks for lettin me squeeeeee), and have decided to go with rose red - I let the boy pick (he's finally gotten into the scents a bit!), and he liked it the best, hands down. other runners up were two, five and seven, rosalind, the bearded lady, and ingenue.

I adore dreamland. maybe it'll work for the nighttime part of the wedding... a good night's sleep?

I'm getting married tomorrow!!!

ok, resume your discussion :P

... I got an imp of Regan in my latest order.

My first thought when I put it on was: OMG. If I ever get married, I am so wearing this one!

I'm getting married tomorrow!!!

ok, resume your discussion :P

congrats! Hope the day is going beautifully.

When I got married in October, in a rather chilly outdoor ceremony, I wore Tezcatlipoca. I have to recommend it for anyone who gets married in cooler weather; the chocolate is warm and soothing while the leather note helps you feel sexy and keep your head high for a long, busy day.

It also blends well if you want to slap some O over it for the wedding night, which is also something I would recommend. Rowr.

OH yay! I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been poring over what to wear myself (wedding's upcoming on the 27th of this month, at the same time as a move :D ). It's great to see what other people have in mind.

I'm wavering between Phantom Queen, Living Flame, and Black Dahlia at the moment. (As wonderful and elegent as Dahlia is on me, the name isn't ... very appropriate for the occasion.) Moon Rose is also in the running, and Queen of Diamonds, although both are a little chillier than I'd like.

My sweetie :P, who is more than patient about being assaulted with scents, is getting attacked with either Wilde or Dorian. (Probably Wilde during the day/at the ceremony and Dorian *chuckle* later in the evening :D )

Oh, I so love this thread...I just got engaged last week and I'm thrilled that my sweetie and I have so many beautiful scent "options" with BPAL...now if only I could choose one that "speaks" to me! We're planning an outdoor wedding, probably in a forest or garden-type setting, and it'll be around late August/early September. I'm thinking romantic, picturesque, but not too formal. Hm...my immediate thoughts just from my collection would be Snow White or Antique Lace, but I'm open to other suggestions. I like florals as long as they aren't cloying, and also wouldn't mind getting something new, so it could be forever remembered as my "wedding day" scent. As far as the "wedding night" scent goes, I've definitely got that covered! :P Most of my BPAL oils are sexy, but I need something more bride-appropriate for my special day! I'd love some girly advice here!

I figured that this would be a good place to look for recommendations... and I wasn't too sure if I should start a new thread or not. I guess I'll let a mod decide because I'm not sure since my question is a bit of a tangent...

I'll be attending a wedding in April with my family and my boyfriend. I want to wear something appropriate, feminine but demure, and more importantly something that is relatively calming (since there will be the everpresent question - "When are YOU getting married?")

Any suggestions? I'm asking in advance just in case I need to make a lab order :D

I apologize again if I should start a new thread. I suppose the mod spanking will come later if I did make a mistake... :P

I'll be attending a wedding in April with my family and my boyfriend. I want to wear something appropriate, feminine but demure, and more importantly something that is relatively calming (since there will be the everpresent question - "When are YOU getting married?")

If you like BPAL's honey note, you might consider Tiger Lily, which I find lovely and calming. Szepasszony is another gorgeous scent, which I described to someone as "eating a lemon ice outside on a crisp spring morning, surrounded by daffodils". :P

What a wonderful thread!

My best friend's younger sister is going to be married at the end of April '06 and I'm in the wedding party. I would love some advice as to what to get the beautiful bride. I wanted to get her several bottles as part of a wedding gift and perhaps give imps as party favors for her bachelorette party (in which we're doing a spa day and a tea party, complete with hats, for her bridal party).

Her wedding is going to be at a small bread & breakfast and full of pretty spring flowers and fruit, decorated in Tiffany Blue and a light pink. So I'm thinking...Rose Red? Antique Lace? I know she likes the lighter florals so I may also get her a bunch of imps along with the bottles to try.

What scents do you think will fit?

~ jemz

today i found out my best friend is engaged and my first thought was that a BPAL scent would be perfect for her wedding day as part of my wedding gift for her but i have no idea what to get for her!

the scent she normally wears is dior pure poison, so she likes deep florals with amber and woody-musky undertones (that's what my nose gets from that particular scent anyway) so does anyone have any suggestions of what scents would be maybe similar to this but 'wedding-ey' at the same time?

hmmm... I've never tried pure poison, so I'm no real help there... Amber/Woody/Floral... the things that pop in my head are maybe Dublin, Golden Paiprus and Haunted. Also, the new Hymn to Prosperine might be good.

I would maybe get her several imps rather than one bottle, since things work differently on different people.

Good luck! :P

I'm getting married in early July, and, since I'm getting in a rose garden, I'm going to wear Sophia. It turns into the loveliest wet rose on me. :D

Now I just have to figure out what to wear on the wedding night. :P

I'm resurrecting this thread because I am stumped on what BPAL to wear at my wedding.

I'm getting married October 13th (Friday :P ) and it's going to be an outdoor wedding at an old Victorian house on a lake. It's going to be a fall theme, lots of dark, rich colors. My dress, which I unfortunately have no pics of because it's still being made, is going to be a totally amazing victorian style dress complete with a corset and bustles in the back, and antique handbeaded lace and I could go on and on. I love the dress. :D

Which scents do you associate with fall and/or a Gothic Victorian theme? I'm thinking maybe not so much of a pure, virginal, white wedding day scent but something a little bit darker and richer. Any ideas?

morleigh_s, you're getting married on my fiance's birthday, which is exactly one week after our wedding. Yippee! :D

And, err, I'm not really sure what to suggest for you -- will have to think about it for a while -- but I'll be wearing either Regan or Brisingamen. Probably Brisingamen. :P

I kind of like Intrigue and think it the way it smells on me would be a good match for what you are describing. Not sure if you like it though.

Also Masabakes if you want something rich-autumn-color-smelling.

What about Belle Epoque?

Well wishes, Bride!

:P It sounds corny but Antique Lace is lovely. I gave my brother's fiancee a roller bottle full on the morning of their wedding (last Friday) she smelled wonderful. Just my .02

KC

I got a frimp of The Ghost in one of my orders this winter, and when I tried it, it was an instant flashback to my wedding the past October.

Chilly and wet, with the green of the trees and my bouquet of callas - it was a really happy scent for me. It's completely not a scent I thought I'd like, or one that would work on me, but it was so evocative I fell in love.

If I could pick something to relive that day with, that would probably be it, and I'll probably wear it on our anniversary, too.

I know, my wedding's really far off, but it's still fun to fantasize about it, right? And I want to throw this question out there to see what kinds of answers I'd get back. Tell me something you could see yourself wearing at your own wedding, or suggest something for me:

Generally, as in 98% of the time, "white florals" don't smell too great on me. Creed Love in white? Wet dog. Eos? Sunscreen that was beginning to curdle. Michael Kors Michael Kors? Flowery plastic, though it doesn't wind up being nearly as offensive as the other ones. I still wear it occasionally hoping it will miraculously work on me, but it never does quite kick that faint plasticy thing.

So I'm going to say that, although "white florals" are typically associated with "bridal perfumes", they're out of the question in my case. The wedding is in very late may, so we'll be transitioning from spring to summer. I opt for woody scents--I'm a sucker for anything with sandalwood. So maybe something fresh and woody at the same time? With just a touch of fruit because we'll be on the cusp of summer?

Svadhinaopatika? Honey and currant and sandalwood, a beautifully glowy, honey-woodsy scent.

Bell Epoque? Sweet opium, Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin and red sandalwood.

Jezebel (hehe), a gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

Wanton? Palmarosa, red sandalwood, attar of rose, patchouli.

Khajuraho: honey, date palm, tuberose, davana blossom, amber, white sandalwood, vanilla bean, Damask rose, and champaca flower. just beautiful (my favorite description is "incense in Heaven"), and what I would choose as my own wedding BPAL if my bottle would last that long.

Edited by faifai

I think it REALLY depends on the bride and their style. Personally, I wore Donna Karan's Black Cashmere (I got married two years before I discovered BPAL).. I prefer darker, spicier scents. If I got married again tomorrow, I'd probably choose Storyville, or my beloved Snake Charmer because I'm weird like that. :P

I think blends that might work really well for a more traditional bride would be The Penitent Magdalene, Black Lily, Queen Alice, Mama-Ji, Antique Lace (of course), Tiger Lily, White Moon, Pink Moon or Mouse's Long & Sad Tale.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed