Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

I'm getting married this year but I absolutely cannot decide what BPAL to wear for the big day! Some of my favs include Titania, Midwinter's Eve, Hell's Belle, and Spooky. Any suggestions? What would you wear to be a bride? Romantic? Sultry? Fruity?

I'm getting married this year but I absolutely cannot decide what BPAL to wear for the big day! Some of my favs include Titania, Midwinter's Eve, Hell's Belle, and Spooky.  Any suggestions? What would you wear to be a bride?  Romantic? Sultry? Fruity?

I'm a bride, getting married next September, and I've decided on Bliss. I love the scent, and the name kinda fits for a wedding, as wedding should be blissful.

I finally decided on Blue Lilac (getting married in three weeks). :D

I was thisclose to using White Rabbit, but since jj_j was kind enough to send some lilac lovin' my way, I'm going to be a girly girl for once. :P

My mom's wearing Blue Lilac too, so we'll match. :D

If i was going to marry (again :D ) sure i would wear one of Beth's rose blends, Probably Whip, Rose red or, if my expectations are right about it, Two, five and seven. Rose is for me the flower that is symbol for love and marriage :P

I really don't know how on earth I can choose one scent. I have a number of favourites: Haunted, Dorian, Aries being the top 3 - I could probably narrow it down to Haunted and Dorian but still that leaves me stuck! But to select just one for the (supposedly) most special day of my life?! I am in a complete quandry!

Penance, congrats - you a little jittery yet? I'm over 3.5 months away and I'm getting butterflies already (visions of tripping!). Hope it goes well.

I think haunted would be just lovely for a wedding, it's seems to me, very soft and floaty and very bridal  :P
Glad someone thinks it'd be appropriate as a bridal scent! :D

I think haunted would be just lovely for a wedding, it's seems to me, very soft and floaty and very bridal  :P

I think Haunted would make a lovely bridal scent as it'd nicely with a pale, gorgeous ethereal wedding dress i.e yours.

I think haunted would be just lovely for a wedding, it's seems to me, very soft and floaty and very bridal  :D
I think Haunted would make a lovely bridal scent as it'd nicely with a pale, gorgeous ethereal wedding dress i.e yours.
:D Thanks hun! :P Maybe I'll see how Dorian layers with Haunted.

I think haunted would be just lovely for a wedding, it's seems to me, very soft and floaty and very bridal  :D
:D Thanks hun! :P Maybe I'll see how Dorian layers with Haunted.

Actually, I reckon they'd go really well together. Of course, Antique Lace would make a gorgeous wedding scent too as it's so delicate and pretty.

Glad someone thinks it'd be appropriate as a bridal scent! :P
:D Thanks hun! :D Maybe I'll see how Dorian layers with Haunted.
Actually, I reckon they'd go really well together. Of course, Antique Lace would make a gorgeous wedding scent too as it's so delicate and pretty.
*smacks head* Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of Antique Lace! I wonder if I can get away with all three! :D

Penance, congrats - you a little jittery yet? I'm over 3.5 months away and I'm getting butterflies already (visions of tripping!). Hope it goes well.

You know, I'm not! We've been together for almost 5 1/2 years and we've been engaged since October 2003 (a week before my 21st birthday), so I feel like we're already married and just making it official. :D

I'm just stressed out with all the planning and all that. The only thing I'm worried about is that something is going to fall through at the last minute and things are going to implode or something. :P

I'm thinking Midwinter's Eve or Snow White for mine. I don't know, Titania is always very tempting..... Something floral and innocent....

Since my wedding is a bit farther off, I have some times left to figure out what I think will work. As it stands right now, my first choice would probably be The Living Flme, which it the only "pure" floral I can wear. Antique Lace would run a close second, with Chaste Moon in there as well. Other choices would be: Midway (Okay, I admit it, I would so consider that becoming my signature scent), Wolf Moon, Calliope, or Helping Hand (maybe).

I am so happy I found this thread since I am getting married next month :P July 23 to be exact. Right now of the oils I have tried I am thinking of Blood Rose, Thalia, Midwinter's Eve (I know its a summer wedding but god I love the stuff!), Shub or Bon Vivant. I have no idea which one I will pick for our lake side outdoor Renaissance wedding. Hummmm more on my list to worry about :D :D Thank god BB isn't to obsenely far so if anyone has any good suggestions I can at least try to pick them up before the big day.

I am sad that I wasn't into BPAL when Beth did personal mixes because I would have ditched some decor to have found the money for that splurge it sounds like it was amazing!!! Did anyone here get a personal mix???

Edited by blood*rose*flowers

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but was wondering what oils would you guys maybe suggest for annointing the god and goddess candles we are going to use during the ceremony?

BPAL Wedding Headline: Penance wore Blue Lilac as her BPAL bridal scent. :P

Oh, blood*rose, no one answered you? Hmmm...if you read the tarot, I would think Sun and Moon from the Tarot series would be appropriate for Lord and Lady. Otherwise, I would select from Excolo the aspects of God/Goddess you feel closest to--Eos comes to mind as a sunny, joyous Goddess aspect; perhaps Himerus (sexual desire!) for the God?

BPAL Wedding Headline: Penance wore Blue Lilac as her BPAL bridal scent.  :D

Indeed and it was perfect! :D

I'm not a floral girl. At all. But I have to say it was a wonderful choice. It really went with the whole look and feel of the wedding, so I'm definitely happy with the choice. I also dabbed on some Fiery Wall of Protection to get me through the day without anyone killing anyone else and everything went off without a hitch. :P

The groom was going to wear Coyote but, umm...someone forgot to give it to him since she forgot it at home so he wore nothing...err, no scent I mean, not nothing although that would have been fun... :D

I wore Queen of Clubs - she just spoke to me with her earthy fruitness and I felt it was the perfect choice for a fall wedding.

I am thinking of wearing Nocturne...even though it's a Funereal Oil...it's just beautiful, soft, and girly. It also brings to my mind a soft blue color which is one of the colors I'm using in the wedding.

ETA: Another one of the Funereal Oils comes to mind, too - Twilight! It is my first BPAL love and it would also be a perfect one to wear when I marry my first and only true love.

Edited by eclecticaura

My partner and I got married before we ever discovered BPAL, but this thread got us thinking about what we would have worn if we'd had our current BPAL collections then.

We had a pagan handfasting, out on the Toronto Islands, in late May (2004), and were wearing green fairy-ish dresses that a friend of ours had made for us. The dominant colour we had the indoor space decorated in was green; we were going for sort of a Midsummer Night's Dream forest-fairy feeling. We were going to have the actual ceremony outdoors and then move inside for the reception, but it rained so we had it all indoors, albeit with a really pretty view of the woods and lake outside through big windows.

So: I asked Kettu what she would have worn, and she got a thoughtful look, which turned into a worried look, and then she went over and began looking through her collection, and finally said doubtfully "I guess Queen Mab... Or maybe Crossroads... Everything else I like has to do with death, doom or anger! I mean, Nemesis? Alecto? Dance of Death? Omen? I think Queen Mab is about as auspicious as it gets...." :D

My own choice would be a little easier, since my collection is larger and less, um, deathly. Fae would have been appropriate, I suppose (and complement Queen Mab nicely). Or maybe one of the Love Potions I like, like Vixen or Desire. But I think overall I'd have to go with Bewitched. It's the most "me" of all my scents, and would have been very appropriate for a witchy handfasting with the lady who bewitched me! :P

I'm getting married on thursday :D - we're doing a SF city hall ceremony (city hall in san francisco is gorgeous) followed by a restaurant dinner party for immediate family only, then a few days staying to play in the city! we're having a picnic reception in the springtime - we liked the idea of pseudo-eloping and then celebrating with everyone months down the line, in order to cut back on stress.

I'm trying to narrow it down here and... failing. I lined up some favorites, nixed othello and havisham by name alone (not cause I'm really supersitious, more cause I needed some way of narrowing things down!) and I'm still drowning in choices. I want something that I don't wear all the time (alice) so that it will stand out in my memory. the boy doesn't love perfume so it has to be subtle but lasting.

one of my favorites which I've been saving is ice queen. don't know if it's too chilly for our wintry day!

also up are:

two, five and seven (like it but not my fave - but, the boy likes it, and he's picky)

bon vivant (maybe for the party?)

erato (sweet and innocent)

dreamland (very yummy and I like the name)

nefertiti (goddessy and delicious)

ingenue (very delicate, pale and pretty)

sudha segara (yummy, sweet and delicious!)

regan (another delicate sweetie)

bordello (one of my favorites, good enough to eat)

eternal (sort of a sad scent but also beautiful and a lovely sentiment)

chaste moon (innocent, delicious, and sensual)

ides of march (delicate but long lasting, natural yet perfumey)

and of course ice queen (minty, chocolatey, regal, and fades away to last subtely all day)

yikes! how to decide??

I should also mention that I'm going to be in full bride "drag" (as my mother in law puts it), a beautiful vintagey empire waist cream dress (from the 1960s) with a green shrug/ sweater thing, green shoes, very light blue sapphire ring and brooch, probably a bouquet of peonies or something. groomy is wearing a black suit with a green shirt. this is going to be FUN! :P

Edited by jessamynit

It sounds delightful! Cream and green...hmmmmm. I would go with Ides of March or Two, Five, and Seven. I can't say why, really; they just seem to 'fit'. :P