Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

I put on Silver Phoenix (Opalescent orris shimmering through a blend of mallow, moonflower, wild pear, iris, starwort, juniper, and mugwort) today and had the thought that it would be perfect to wear for a wedding (as the bride). It's so shimmery and soft. Really, most violet or orris scents conjure up the image of tulle for me, so maybe that's the connection. :lol:

I forgot to come back after my wedding to say that Jasmine Cottage fitted the day perfectly. It was the right perfume for me, maybe not for others, but after it happened I couldn't imagine getting married in any other. :)

Saw this thread up and I had to chime in. I wore Brisingamen on my wedding day. It has been one of my GC favorites for years (the other big favorite being Queen Mab) and in addition to being appropriate in my opinion, it just made me feel like myself, which is not always easy once you're in the dress and being shuttled from place to place like some sort of museum display. :)

Happily married for almost three years!

I'm engaged since August, we don't have a date yet, but I've been thinking about a weding scent lately, as I've also been browsing shop windows since August to get an idea of a dress I'd like to wear.

To be honest, I should've been a woman of the early 50's, I sense. A very particular woman of the 50's or early 60's - a woman who danced the mambo all night long at the Palladium in NYC. That's me, I'm a dancer in action and spirit and that's what my man is going to marry. ^_^

My taste in clothing is also in that theme - classy, form-fitting dresses that don't reveal too much skin but show every curve. I want that for my wedding, and a scent to match.

Does that bring to mind any scent? I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Basically I'm debating between two styles - one is the white-wearing, more pure or innocent, and the other is that mambo lady.

I was thinking of - in the first style - Sudha Segara, Snow White, to try Dana O'Shee, Zephyr, Van Van (for confidence), Obatala, Katharina...

in a more festive, sexier style: Chuparosa, Delight (though extremely heavy), certain velvet painting scents (the nudie, the tiki, the panther? if I can find them), Scherezade, Bastet, Elegba...

I am getting married in June (like, a month away) and am trying to find my perfect scent.

I also want to find one that I don't feel embarassed saying the name of.

i.e. I love Copulating Mice, but if my fiance's mother asked me what I was wearing, I would have a fit.

Some of my go-to scents:

- Tamora

- Dorian

- The Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

- Harlequin and Columbine

I don't want anything too terribly heavy, more of a... "My, you smell lovely!" type thing. Maybe something more on the floral fruity side (but not to floral, I get a headache from say, The Unicorn). I love vanilla. LOVE. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. :D

I am getting married in June (like, a month away) and am trying to find my perfect scent.

i.e. I love Copulating Mice, but if my fiance's mother asked me what I was wearing, I would have a fit.

Some of my go-to scents:

- Tamora

- Dorian

I don't want anything too terribly heavy, more of a... "My, you smell lovely!" type thing. Maybe something more on the floral fruity side (but not to floral, I get a headache from say, The Unicorn). I love vanilla. LOVE. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. :D

Congrats! I don't like all vanillas but I do love Dorian so I'm hoping our tastes are somewhat similar ;)

I think some of my favorite summer scents would appeal to you: Lady Una (if blackberry works on you), Tattered Lace, Black Lace (the appley version is pretty rather than overtly sultry), Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand (reviews are very mixed but I love it).

I'm also one of those who likes Snow White as a bridal scent. Though it smells a bit like a Pina Colada on me, I still think it gives off a lovely cool confident vibe & your chemistry may be better with it than mine.

Edited by alterosen

Some of my go-to scents:

- Tamora

- Dorian

You might be really liking Blossoms in Springtime, it's a very lush vanilla scent, and that isn't a bad name.

I suggest you wear Copulating Mice, just tell your MIL "Oh thank you! It's Mice F**ing!" could you imagine....

Some of my go-to scents:

- Tamora

- Dorian

Congrats! I don't like all vanillas but I do love Dorian so I'm hoping our tastes are somewhat similar ;)

I think some of my favorite summer scents would appeal to you: Lady Una (if blackberry works on you), Tattered Lace, Black Lace (the appley version is pretty rather than overtly sultry), Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand (reviews are very mixed but I love it).

I'm also one of those who likes Snow White as a bridal scent. Though it smells a bit like a Pina Colada on me, I still think it gives off a lovely cool confident vibe & your chemistry may be better with it than mine.

Thanks! Lady Una, Tattered Lace, and Black Lace are all on my to-try list. Autumn Moon looks interesting, but I tend to amp boozy scents. I don't want to smell drunk... :drunk:

I have some Snow White... 2011 I think (maybe 2010). I should pull it out and give it a whirl.

Some of my go-to scents:

- Tamora

- Dorian

You might be really liking Blossoms in Springtime, it's a very lush vanilla scent, and that isn't a bad name.

I suggest you wear Copulating Mice, just tell your MIL "Oh thank you! It's Mice F**ing!" could you imagine....

Blossoms sounds amazing.

Also LOL I think I would die.

I also have an imp here somewhere of one of the Vulva scents (burning, iirc).

"My, you smell lovely. What is that perfume?"

"Oh, its just my Burning Vulva."

XD :lol: :thud:

I'm getting married in 3 months and I still haven't decided what to wear! I know I want to wear BPAL now. I had a brief stint where I was going to wear Vera Wang, but after testing it a few times, it ended up smelling too much like my MIL to be's Estee Lauder Beautiful. uhhhh.

so far here is what I've got for maybes:

Snow White 2005

Katharina

I'm thinking floral vanillas similar to Snow White, or peach, or white musk-ey scents. I do not want anything overly foody. I like Peach Moon but it isn't quite what I'm going for. Snow White might not be it, I feel like I have worn it too often. If I can't choose though, I will go with Snow White.

I want to try:

Unveiled

The Girl (been wanting to try this for a while actually, it is quite hard to find)

For floral vanilla, have you tried Mouse's Long and Sad Tale? It's vanilla, sweet pea, and amber, and it's one of my all-time favorite scents.

Oh I didn't think of that one. My mom has a bottle, so I will try it this Thanksgiving. Thanks!

Have you considered Tamora or Fae, if you like peach scents?

For floral vanillas, I second the rec for Mouse's LAST; you might also try The Atrocious Attic, Blossoms in Springtime, Regan, Marae, or Opuhi, if you can find them. Pink Snowballs is a lot like Snow White plus soft roses.

I thought about this a lot before my wedding, but I was flustered and rushed getting ready and totally forgot to put on the perfume I had chosen (I was going to wear Chimera, but a friend gave me Lush's 25:43, a wedding-themed, lemony vanilla scent, and I decided to wear that instead over Lavanila Pure Vanilla. Except that then I forgot, so it was just the plain Pure Vanilla in the end.) :)

I'm getting married in 3 months and I still haven't decided what to wear! I know I want to wear BPAL now. I had a brief stint where I was going to wear Vera Wang, but after testing it a few times, it ended up smelling too much like my MIL to be's Estee Lauder Beautiful. uhhhh.

so far here is what I've got for maybes:

Snow White 2005

Katharina

I'm thinking floral vanillas similar to Snow White, or peach, or white musk-ey scents. I do not want anything overly foody. I like Peach Moon but it isn't quite what I'm going for. Snow White might not be it, I feel like I have worn it too often. If I can't choose though, I will go with Snow White.

I want to try:

Unveiled

The Girl (been wanting to try this for a while actually, it is quite hard to find)

Have you tried Pink snowballs? It's basically snow white with a touch of rose...really pretty!

I am getting married in a year, so I have some time to make an order or two for BPAL.

Firstly, I am only having one bridesmaid, who likes Viva la Juicy and Givenchy Play.

What would you recommend I get to give her as a present, and to wear on the day?

Secondly, I don't know what I am going to wear. We will be having a church wedding, followed by the reception here:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3rYZ5ZtPzok/Tord0LFBj2I/AAAAAAAACNc/0ih5lSULJcc/s640/BW2.jpg

Still not sure about the dress, flowers, or anything other than we will be having the crystal centrepieces in the photos.

Personally, I love sweet foodie scents, but my fiancé likes Hermes Pamplemousse Rose on me.

Any suggestions welcome!

So I'm getting married in almost exactly two months ( :thud: ). I had test-driven a couple of new scents to be "wedding scents," having heard that you should wear a perfume you haven't worn much (or at all!) before, so that you'll have a completely new scent memory for that day, but...who can do that?! What if it doesn't turn out well? Then you're stuck with a scent you don't like all day!

I'll probably wear The Lights of Men's Lives, since that's what I wore on our first date, and I just really love it...it's very pretty but can also be sexy. ;) Was thinking of wearing Haloa, since that's what I was wearing when he first asked me out, but oddly my 2006 bottle of Haloa has gone kinda sour with age.

Other scents I considered: Sachs (a little TOO sexy...), Blossoms in Springtime (ditto, and a bit too heavy and sticky), some light floral like Ghosts of the Arroyo Seco Bridge, or something springy like Garden Path With Chickens (might still do this, it's a favorite) or Flower Moon. (I'm also still considering Arcana's Molly Malone or Juno...although upon consideration, maybe a scent named "Juno" is not the best marriage omen. O_o)

So I'm getting married in almost exactly two months ( :thud: ). I had test-driven a couple of new scents to be "wedding scents," having heard that you should wear a perfume you haven't worn much (or at all!) before, so that you'll have a completely new scent memory for that day, but...who can do that?! What if it doesn't turn out well? Then you're stuck with a scent you don't like all day!

I'll probably wear The Lights of Men's Lives, since that's what I wore on our first date, and I just really love it...it's very pretty but can also be sexy. ;) Was thinking of wearing Haloa, since that's what I was wearing when he first asked me out, but oddly my 2006 bottle of Haloa has gone kinda sour with age.

Other scents I considered: Sachs (a little TOO sexy...), Blossoms in Springtime (ditto, and a bit too heavy and sticky), some light floral like Ghosts of the Arroyo Seco Bridge, or something springy like Garden Path With Chickens (might still do this, it's a favorite) or Flower Moon. (I'm also still considering Arcana's Molly Malone or Juno...although upon consideration, maybe a scent named "Juno" is not the best marriage omen. O_o)

Of the list, I like the sound of Garden Path with Chickens or Flower Moon for a wedding. The Light of Men's Lives sounds a little too morbid from the description... But it is up to what you like, and how you want to smell.

Do you have a theme for your wedding? What would go with the venue, or the flowers you are using, or one of the Phoenix colours to match one of your wedding colours, if you have scents that might fit?

No one has recommended Joyful Moon? It is floral/vanilla sweet, and feels delicate, graceful, gentle and airy. I think it is the quintessential wedding scent.

When I think of a bride at a wedding, I guess I think of delicate and gentle floral/fruity scents, or scents with "white" or "pale" colour impressions. From the GC, I think Titania, Helena, Endymion and Amsterdam would be great.

I'm getting married on 1 November, and we're having a Halloween/Victorian gothic feeling wedding in my parents' front parlour, so I'm starting to think about scents to wear. My fiancé loves Jezebel on me, and all things jasmine. My go-to for events is usually Angeronalia, the LE from Yule 2007, and for daily wear I tend to gravitate towards the various formulations of Midnight Mass, Jezebel, or Lush's Lust. I've tried a bunch of different things, looking for a good wedding day scent -- Harlot, Morocco, Rapture, Mata Hari, Hunger -- but nothing's really worked. I love Lyonesse, but my skin eats it up and I have no throw or staying power. I've thought about Dorian, since I love vanilla, but I'm afraid that vanilla will vanish on me like Lyonesse and Hunger do. Any suggestions for this bridal stumper?

I wore Alice at my wedding, and got a lot of compliments from my bridesmaids! There was something simultaneously comforting and flattering about the way it felt on me.

I wore The Bride (layered with Skuld) for my wedding last spring (I actually bought the bottle as soon as the 2015 Lupers went live specifically for the occasion because of the name).

Reviving this thread!

Considering that my favorite scents so far have been... not very bridal, I thought I'd importune the BPAL hivemind for help. Currently thinking of ordering/testing: After the Winter, Alice, Brisingamen, and White Rabbit. So, suggestions for an early spring wedding? I'm going to be difficult and say no orris, lily, or jasmine.

Edit: Sjofn and Liquid Gold is in the Air are currently in the running, but neither last a particularly long time on me... not ideal. I have placed orders for several scents that may work and will update when I get to test them. 

Edited by niffler
update