Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

I was going to say Bon Vivant too. What about 51? Pretty close to vegas ;)

I wish I had found BPAL before my wedding. I wore Ralph Lauren Romance and that was a last minute choice because I had a seriously hard time finding "the right one" and just grabbed a sample of something I knew I kind of liked. I love making scent memories, and it was important to me what I smelled like on our wedding day, turns out it didn't work. I sniff Romance and get no feelings of our wedding day. *sigh*.

If I were getting married tomorrow, I'd wear Lyonesse. I adore how that makes me feel and how it smells, and it immediately struck me as "my" wedding scent. If only I'd found it 5 months sooner!

bump! i'm getting married on july 13! recommend me something for a bride to wear to her quirky vegas wedding? (i wish there was a vegas scent in the wanderlust series.) i thought about wearing 13 (it's my lucky number and the wedding is on the 13th!) but i don't know if i wanna smell like chocolate and it doesn't last very long on me. hm.

Congratulations!

I don't know what your tastes are, but I don't think wedding days can go wrong with a clean / woodsy scent. (seductive scents are for later that night :twisted: )

I debated wearing Szepasszony, Tempest, The Dormouse, The Raven, Peony Moon, Titania, and Snow Moon for the ceremony & reception.

Ended up wearing Peony Moon & now everytime I wear it, the wedding day seems like it just happened :D

Hope that helps a little bit - and you could always just wear what feels right that day, too :D

I'll be wearing U for my wedding. We're getting married at the Mutter Museum, and I picked up a bottle the day we met with the events guy.

I kind of lucked out having my wedding at a place with it's own scent..

Ended up wearing Peony Moon & now everytime I wear it, the wedding day seems like it just happened :D

^ THIS! I put as much thought into my BPAL as my gown, because scent memories are so strong. I also went with a GC for that reason, so I could have more as needed. Now whenever I smell Two Five & Seven, it's a perfect April morning and I'm nervous and happy! :dance:

I wore The Waltz of the Snowflakes, as fit the theme and mood of my wedding. However, both hubby and I consider Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse to be our wedding scent, as that is the day we got married.

Any thoughts on whether Nymphia would appeal to someone not used to BPAL? I love the concept and picture, and I've been thinking about getting it for my sister for a bridal shower gift. The notes seem like she'd probably like them, but I don't think she's done EO perfumes before.

A Mutter wedding sounds so wicked awesome! Will the ceremony be upstairs or down?

We're having the ceremony on the stairs, the cocktail hour in the museum, then the dinner upstairs in the lecture rooms. That sounds kind of crazy....Maybe I'm going to need to hide the bottle in my bouquet so I can reapply when needed.

bump! i'm getting married on july 13! recommend me something for a bride to wear to her quirky vegas wedding? (i wish there was a vegas scent in the wanderlust series.) i thought about wearing 13 (it's my lucky number and the wedding is on the 13th!) but i don't know if i wanna smell like chocolate and it doesn't last very long on me. hm.

Congratulations, sweetie! For a Vegas wedding, I would choose Bon Vivant: strawberries and champagne! Bubbly, sweet, and light, fun but still romantic. :smilenod:

thank you! :D i have actually never tried bon vivant, but it does sound like something i would like. i think i'll throw an imp in with my next order.

I was going to say Bon Vivant too. What about 51? Pretty close to vegas ;)

true! unfortunately, 51 smells better on my fiancé than me. :lol:

Congratulations!

I don't know what your tastes are, but I don't think wedding days can go wrong with a clean / woodsy scent. (seductive scents are for later that night :twisted: )

I debated wearing Szepasszony, Tempest, The Dormouse, The Raven, Peony Moon, Titania, and Snow Moon for the ceremony & reception.

Hope that helps a little bit - and you could always just wear what feels right that day, too :D

thanks! i actually tend to like dark, musky, resiny scents. it will be hot, though (vegas in july!) so i'll probably have to go with something a little lighter. i do like the idea of wearing something that i can later associate with the moment.

I'll be wearing U for my wedding. We're getting married at the Mutter Museum, and I picked up a bottle the day we met with the events guy.

I kind of lucked out having my wedding at a place with it's own scent..

i hope you post pictures after your wedding- that sounds awesome! Ü is one of my favorites, too!

Oh, *sigh* :)

I do so love it when i stumble upon this thread *sniffle*.

This could be bias speaking, but to me, Katrina Van Tassle always seemed appropriate, taking from the white roses and cream "maidenly scent" with just the right touch of cool musk from the honey.

Enjoy the love kiddies!

Hi guys! Well 2 months ago my boy of 3 years proposed!! So now I'm after the perfect wedding scent! I figure I can start trying now so that I can take my time testing. We are going to have an outdoor wedding in spring so there will be lots of pretty flowers. But because of that I don't really want to smell too floral. I'm looking for something sweet but that won't be too cloying in the sun.

Maybe something with vanilla or honey. (i cant do O though it smells like b.o. on me)

Would Door be a good choice? I was interested in maybe looking at Celeste and Josie too but I don't know.

Im open to trying pretty much anything as long as it doesn't have patchouli or vetiver in it. If it helps our theme is a whimsical garden party. Colors green, pink and cream :D

Edited by ReenaLolita

Congrats on your engagement! A nice soft and sweet vanilla is The Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. How does carnation work on you? Alice is soft and sweet. Moonshine and Mist may be a nice choice as well.

Hi guys! Well 2 months ago my boy of 3 years proposed!! So now I'm after the perfect wedding scent! I figure I can start trying now so that I can take my time testing. We are going to have an outdoor wedding in spring so there will be lots of pretty flowers. But because of that I don't really want to smell too floral. I'm looking for something sweet but that won't be too cloying in the sun.

Maybe something with vanilla or honey. (i cant do O though it smells like b.o. on me)

Would Door be a good choice? I was interested in maybe looking at Celeste and Josie too but I don't know.

Im open to trying pretty much anything as long as it doesn't have patchouli or vetiver in it. If it helps our theme is a whimsical garden party. Colors green, pink and cream :D

my favorites for weddings:

Snow White

Juliet

White Rose

but, to match what you asked for (vanilla, honey, only a bit of floral, sweet)

Mouse's ... Tale -- yes this would be lovely!

Agape - is a light fruity with a cream base, very very pretty

Antique Lace is a given ;)

Champagne and Roses could be a great wedding scent!

Darkling Thrush - my go-to for a stunner

the Girl - a gorgeous, cool amber vanilla

Nymphia - havent tried it yet, but....

Hope - sugared rose

Faith - sugared violet

Parsifal - a sweet ozone/floral

Philommeidês - cool peach and woodsy violet

Black Lace - but the heavy apple/linen version

Silver Phoenix - an orris/pear shimmery scent

Unveiled - for the name AND the scent - (Red tea, vanilla, white peach, golden amber, mandarin, lotus root, myrrh)

Thanks guys! I keep hearing so many great things about mouse's! I guess that one is just going to sneak into my next order. I haven't really experimented with carnation too much but I know that isn't one of my death notes. I'm def going to look out for decants of hope and faith too! That list sounds so pretty! I think I've finally picked out my venue and I think Im going to try a lot of the mad tea party series because it looks like a Victorian garden. :D

You guys have been so helpful!

A little late coming into this, but I got engaged last October and we're getting married early October this year. I'm basically just getting into the freak out stage :P

While contemplating everything else, I'd like to have an idea of what scent to wear. I was wearing Blue Pumpkin Floss the day we got engaged, so it has fabulous associations, but I think I'd like something just for the wedding.

The problem is I am super sensitive to a ton of notes.

Musks, most florals (except honeysuckle /shrug), give me migraines. Overpowering scents also give me migraines. Amber turns to powder on me and turns my stomach. I love spices but I amp them, so they become overpowering super easy. Some vanilla turns plastic-y on me. Most citrus turns to pledge on me. Fruits usually smell fake on me. Some creams turn sour on me (Boo was sour, Celeste was not.) Just as a note, vetiver, anise/fennel/liquorice and grapefruit are all death notes. If it helps, EVERY single Luper/Shunga/etc from this year was bad/overpowering on me :(

Okay, things I've had success with: Miskatonic University, Pais de la Canela (though I can only wear a leetle since it comes on strong), Fledgling Raptor Moon, Midway (wish I had more argh!), Blue Pumpkin Floss (again in small amounts, I amp spice), Harlequin and the Columbine, Second of the Three Spirits, Bedbug, Dee (though very cologne-y), The Living Flame (in small amounts).

My wedding will be in our Church, pretty small (just family, maybe some of the congregation.) I have no theme or colors, though I think orchids will be the flower and I'll be sticking to simple and clean looks. We're leaving that night for our honeymoon, so it should travel well too :P

Suggestions? I know this is probably a pita (since musk/floral is in everything!)

Thanks!

Edited by Deceitfuldescender

^ Have you tried Samhain? It's THE scent for October, as far as I'm concerned, and I think it avoids all the bad notes you mentioned? It's LE but out every fall and usually not hard to find in sales, etc. Such a fantastic, special scent. :wub2:

Suggestions?

Thats some hellified skin-chemistry you're battling! looking at a couple of those that work for you, you seem to do well with the heavier foodies, woods, sandalwood, and the sharper fruits (berries, red currants, pomegranate)+

Phoenix in Autumn (I think this one would be gorgeous and its the softest autumnal I've tried)

Pom 3 - Pomegranate, Tamil Nadu sandalwood, lavender, tamarind, hazelnut, Atlas cedarwood, sugar date, bitter clove, and Arabian myrrh.

Pom 4 - Pomegranate, cognac, red musk, cocoa, tobacco absolute, star anise, and thyme.

Montresor - black fruit and vanilla oaken notes of fine Medoc

Candy Phoenix - A dusky, yet effervescent mix of pomegranate and black currant candies, with a dusting of sugared pear and white apple.

Glasgow - wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather.

Rosalind - Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers.

Oblation - dianthus, French lavender, blackberry, and white honey.

Morocco (Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.)

Velvet (gentle sandalwood warmed by cocoa vanilla and a veil of deep myrrh.)

Tushnamatay (Pure internal harmony and spiritual bliss - no desc, but reviews say soft sandalwood)

Belle Eopque - Sweet opium, Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin and red sandalwood

Sri Lanka (Indian sandalwood and cedar, and the dry incense smoke of olibanum, gum mastic, patchouli and myrrh.)

Heavenly Love & Earthly Love - Ambergris accord, benzoin, teakwood, frankincense, myrrh, Mysore sandalwood, and incense.

Kathmandu (Saffron, blessed sandalwood, Himalayan cedar and the miraculous lotus of the Buddha with chiuri bark and Nepalese spices.)

Cathedral (the scent of incense smoke wafting through an ancient church. A true ecclesiatical blend of pure resins.)

I think that for my wedding I'm going to have two different scents.

I'm going to perfume myself with Jasmine Cottage because the groom requested "light florals and/or jasmine". Jasmine cottage doesn't smell much like jasmine on me but the only other jasmine blends that I have are Theodosius, that gives the wrong vibe, and a Posset LE, Coo, that is too sweet. I like of Jasmine Cottage that it's light, fresh, the description is a bit like our current home (the rented house aspect, not the cute cottage aspect) and besides, very important!! The photos!! :lol:

Our photographer often starts albums with a collage of "bits and pieces that form the bride/groom dress" I need a photogenic blend for a picture of my perfume and out of my bottles, that meant this, or Sagittarius.

Now, scent two: For some reason, since I discovered BPAL I wanted gardenia scent on my wedding and what I'm going to do is, my bouquet is made of ribbons and I'm going to perfume it in TAL White Light :D

Nia -- You know, I never scented my bouquet (mine was silk flowers with swarovski crystal picks that I made with copper, gold and silver wire, with ribbons, etc). I feel silly now :lol:

I wore The Library of Alexandria from Violette Market on my wedding day. It's a very autumn scent to me, and it blends into my skin chemistry so well, it's like I was born smelling like it. My husband wore BPAL Galvanic Goggles, which just smells like pure sex on him. :lol:

Congrats to all the BPAL brides & grooms!

The Husband Elect and I will be tying the knot next June. He thought my suggestion-- which was Typhon for him and Ekhidna for me-- didn't have the most positive associations. ;) His absolute favorite BPAL on me is Shub-Niggurath, but given the time of year I might wear a few drops from my precious bottle of Blue Lilac. Maybe he'll consent to wear His Station and Four Aces? That also has lilac in it, but the white musk and leather make it more manly.

My other thoughts were to choose our favorite pair out of the King & Queen sets (Clubs, Diamonds, or Spades) and wear that. Most of the other couples in the BPAL catalog seem to be of the historical or literary variety, and don't necessarily get to live long and prosper, ifyaknowwhatImean.

Just for my own edification, I'm making a list of all the "couple" scents. I'll post it here, if anyone is interested.

Oh, yes, please post it!

I forgot to say, I have asked the groom to wear Aelopile because it's so sexy on him. And it's fitting. If our wedding has a theme, it's "boys do Science, girls do Humanities" (yes, it sounds very cheesy, but in our case it's true and the theme is very subtle) So his perfume is named after an engine and mine is named after a novel. ;)

I like that theme!

Here's the GC list so far:

Anne Bonny/Calico Jack (or Mary Read if you prefer/have a two-bride wedding)

Marquise de Merteuil/Vicomte de Valmont

Oberon/Titania

Hermia/Lysander

King/Queen of Hearts

Prunella/Bensiabel

Mme. Moriarty/Theodosius (or Snake Oil/Dorian)

Plutonian/Alana Patel

Liz/Hellboy

Schmendrick/The Amorous Tree ;)

Couples with a discontinued partner:

Wanda/De Sade (substitute Whip?)

Yvaine/Tristan (substitute The Evening Star if you can find it?)

Me being silly: Miss Lupescu/Mr. Jacquel

I got married last September (2011) and wore snow white!!!

b078522c.jpg

Everytime I smell it, it brings me right back to my wedding day.

b078522c.jpg

OMG, sharkdiver!! You were the most beautiful bride ever!! :wub2: (And hubby's quite a looker too! :lol:) I wish I had known about BPAL before my wedding, as it would have been amazing to select the perfect oil. And Snow White was a great choice for you...your picture actually reminded me of Snow White!

b078522c.jpg

OMG, sharkdiver!! You were the most beautiful bride ever!! :wub2: (And hubby's quite a looker too! :lol:) I wish I had known about BPAL before my wedding, as it would have been amazing to select the perfect oil. And Snow White was a great choice for you...your picture actually reminded me of Snow White!

Aww! Thank you sweetie!! Snow white is definitely my most favorite BPAL scent! :wub2: