Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

The Custom scent is such a great idea! But I hope you find some scents in Beths' current selection too...so much to explore!!! Heehee, I hope your attendants do like Imp, it's so lovely!!

I thought of something for the boys...I was wearing/reviewing Umbra last night and read AnimeKitten's review of it:

Quote:

"What I imagine every time I sniff my wrist is a warm summers day in a forest, preparing for a storm. The sun is beating down, the scent from the soaked earth is rising, the air is muggy and waterlogged and everything just smells and feel ready to break free in a torrent of warm rain and lightining."

Not that I'd want it to rain on your day or anything like that! But the forest description sounds so lovely! Though the name doesn't quite suit your theme maybe. Anyway, my thoughts on it are a bit different, but I can definitely imagine the forest thing too when I sniff it. Maybe worth an Imp?

*scream* I love the eyeshadows!!!! :P Thanks, Andrabell! That is simply perfect...I was already planning on a very shimmery, fairy-dust look, but while other glittery stuff might *look* fine, I have to admit that--as with BPAL--I always believe in the power of names. That said, I should still add Umbra to my ever-growing list of imps' ears to try (and it is getting to be a pretty lost list...) b/c the forest image is a good one.

I think if we don't end up with a custom scent then the next coolest thing would be to give each attendant a different scent that seems most suited to them, so that may be ideal for one of the "manlier" men.

By the way, as I type this the Groom is bottling his latest batch of home-brewed mead, just in time for *this* Midsummer, so I'm definitely getting handfasting fever, LOL!

Cheers,

Laurel

I have no idea what to wear to my wedding, i'm seriously considering Black Dahlia, but then again, I don't know. What are you wearing to your wedding? What are your rec's?

I have no idea what to wear to my wedding, i'm seriously considering Black Dahlia, but then again, I don't know.  What are you wearing to your wedding?  What are your rec's?

I have no prospects of getting married any time soon, but if I were I would wear Pele, it is a beautiful floral scent that just screams the glory of a woman dressed in white. If you are in a more sophisticated mood, Fallen.

When's your wedding? Is it soon? Spring? Summer? Do you have your dress yet? Is it traditional white and lacy or something else?

I didn't have bpal when I got married, but I would probably have picked something to match the springy season (mine was in April) and also something that would keep me cool and collected (cause weddings are a major stress case!). For me that would probably be my new favorite, Cheshire Cat.

But everyone is different! You may be more inclined to match the romantic aspect of the event :P

Well, I'm not planning on getting married ever, but if I did, and I still had it around at the time, I'd wear Blue Moon in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, I'd have to say Snow White or something white floral.

my wedding is in october. florals are very comforting to me. and i love pele too...i am wearing white...but not a big froofy gown, thing 1930's and 40's, a silouette gown. and we're doing it in a catholic church. *squee*

I'm getting married on May 20th!

I haven't received my first order yet, but I'm willing to bet that I'll be wearing either Bewitched or Titania. From their descriptions they sound perfect. My dress is going to be green velvet with the biggest bell sleeves ever. Actually, my dress maker should be here any moment for a fitting. Yay! :P

My wedding is in October too and I still haven't figured out which scent I'd like to wear. Velvet and Jack are two of my favorite comfort scents but I'm not sure if they match the occasion. (It also sounds like we have similar gown ideas - mine is somewhat Art Deco inspired). If you're looking for a soft floral you might want to try Dragon's Bone, Belle Epoque, or Eos. White Rabbit or Sudha Segara might be good too.

My wedding is in October too and I still haven't figured out which scent I'd like to wear. Velvet and Jack are two of my favorite comfort scents but I'm not sure if they match the occasion. (It also sounds like we have similar gown ideas - mine is somewhat Art Deco inspired). If you're looking for a soft floral you might want to try Dragon's Bone, Belle Epoque, or Eos. White Rabbit or Sudha Segara might be good too.

oh I love Sudah Segrah, it's on my list of 5mls to buy...I just need to save the personal saviongs to do that order sine everything I have is being socked away for living expeses.

If I were getting married again, or say having a Disney Dream Wedding Vow Renewal, I'd choose between Havisham, Dorian and Crucible of Courage. They are each lovely and wonderful in their own way and I think they smell very "bridal".

bigeyedgirl, snowy kathryn and miss apple! Congrats to all of you! :D

I'm not getting married anytime soon either (I don't really believe marriage is something I should do but my mother says those who say so are the first ones to marry... We shall see! mother of mine who seems to be right about everything!!! :P )

I think Ave Maria Gratia Plena is a nice white floral to wear at a wedding.

thank you for the well wishes, i thought i should add it's happening at night and it's fairly formal

I think Morgause would be a beautiful, subtle floral for a wedding. It's not cloying at all...just beautiful :P

And congrats on the wedding!!

Hmm, what about Le Serpent Qui Danse - it's sweet but floral. Or perhaps Ophelia or Regan? Tiger Lily is a nice floral but might be more suited for spring...

Right now I, personally, am leaning toward either Snow White or Anne Bonny for my wedding, depending on if I want to play the part of the princess to go with my dress or if I want to be my usual stinky hippie/pirate self. :P

Congrats to everyone else who's getting hitched! :D :D

I think Alice would be nice, or the Unicorn. I imagine something light, but maybe that's just because weddings make me think of summer days. For an outdoor wedding, I could see Dublin being really nice, plus that'll help make men satyr-like, I think. :P

I think haunted would be just lovely for a wedding, it's seems to me, very soft and floaty and very bridal :P

Edited by catiebloo

Someone who used to work in my office is getting married asked me for wedding-day recommendations as she was placing her first order. Her findings were:

• Titania would make a great bride's scent for her.

Oberon and Lear were a little too girly for her to be happy with on her groom.

She's hoping that Jolly Roger will work on her guy.

While Villain and Iago smell good on him, she was hoping for something with a more positive-sounding name for the big day.

She's considering Dragon's Blood and Dragon's Milk since dragons are supposed to be lucky.

Golden Priapus, Scherezade and Morocco are also possibilities.

If I were getting married, I'd probably select from my absolute favorites -- depending on my mood and the weather:

• Aureus
    Dana O'Shee
    Dragon's Heart
    Embalming Fluid
    Laudanum
    Snake Oil

Though I'd probably avoid Laudanum for fear I'd pass out faster from stress. :P

I don't really believe marriage is something I should do but my mother says those who say so are the first ones to marry... We shall see! mother of mine who seems to be right about everything!!!  :P )

Heh, I was always the one who said I'd never get hitched and I'm the first of my group of friends to do it... I think I'll be wearing Spellbound, because I just love the stuff and it makes me feel gorgeous. And Venice for the honeymoon, because we're off to Venice!

Pele or Endymion for Wedding Day :D

Snake Oil or Hunger for Wedding Night :P

Have a good one, and a happy life together. :D

For Laurel, looking for Druidic scents for the men:

Ulalume and Hamadryad are both very outdoorsy-woodsy-crisp breeze-creative scents. I like them both on me, but they're gender neutral so I think they'd also be great on any dark, sexy, sensitive poet type guys you might have in the wedding party.

Congratulations to all the betrothed!

Edited by Rosabella