Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

I'd definitely stay in the GC for a wedding scent, because it would probably suck to have a lovely memory associated with a scent that is increasingly scarcer and expensive. Baghdad is lovely and spicy and very commanding to my nose. Bengal is a bit softer and creamier, but honey may not work on her. I'd either put a lab order for imps in now or buy a few off the sales/swaps forums. A sample imp pack:

Morocco: It's a favourite around the forums and has a nice creamy spiciness to it.

Bengal: Honey is a weird note, so it's best to try it out before the big day.

Queen of Sheba: Honey again along with almond. But it's definitely a cute name for a bridal scent.

Baghdad: It's sexy without being sleazy and it's a really pretty blend. It might be a bit overbearing for the heat of August, though.

The Lion: Amber again is a problematic note for some, but it's a pretty concept and might be appealing to her.

Bastet: The saffron and cardamom might be just up her alley. Another amber scent, though.

Oh yes, I second Morocco! It's like floating on a super delicious creamy spice cloud! I was gifted with an imp of it from Styro when I first joined the forum, and a big bottle is on my first order, it's just that exquisite. :P

Hello!

My sister is getting married this August in a fan-tabulous Rajistani themed wedding (in other words, a big fat Indian wedding). Can anyone reccommend an appropriate fragrance? Something exotic, spicy, yet regal and elegant at the same time? After a shameful hiatus, it feels sooooo good to get back into the bpal way of life! I am enabling another friend as I speak.

Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated! Cheers.

Delight. Hands-down. I mean, come on, how perfect is this: "Delight: In ancient India it was believed that a specific combination of flower petals, when strewn across a couple's bed, would amplify desire and sexual pleasure. This blend is a blend of the same floral essences, refined into a gloriously sinful perfume blend. Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine." Made for this event! :P

BUMP because Babylon mentioned looking for this thread, so here it is! :P Also as a reminder to myself to order Handfasting in plenty of time for my wedding, so I can decide if I want to *wear* it, or just to use it ritually.

Hey, well i'm getting married next year *whooo* unless something catastophic happens between now and then lol. Uhm, i am a big fan of REALLY light fragrances, not too sweet or spicy or powerful. Feminine and gentle... hmm any suggestions? :) (maybe alittle bit of sexy in there too for the after wedding festivities..)

Well, I'm getting married in June and I've decided to wear Shadow Witch Orchid when I do. The fragrance itself is lovely, and a spicy floral. My late grandmother loved orchids (actually, they were her favourite), so I'm also wearing it as a tribute to her, in remembrance and celebration. :)

So I'm getting married this September, outside in a park. I'm totally with those who think a GC would be a good idea, what with the memories associated, but I'm also tempted to layer my "signature" with something to make it a little more unique, especially because the scent I consider to be my signature is Yggdrasil, which, while beautiful and obviously a HUGE fave, is . . . well, perhaps a teeny bit boring for the occasion?

I like green scents, patchouli, spiciness, and musks. Can anyone recc something to layer with that which might make me just that much more beguiling? ;)

A friend of mine was married in December, and the first the she asked me when she got out of the shower that morning was "can I use Snow White?" It was a lovely choice, crisp for a winter wedding and light enough that it never cloyed or was overpowering.

Eyeska, you might try Voodoo Lily, it is incredibly green and spicy and deliciously sexy. I adore it, but it doesn't seem to last long on its own. It might last longer when layered, though.

I too have a December wedding coming up this year....any suggestions other than Snow white....on me it's light, coconut, and well like suntan lotion....I love it....but not for the wedding day! Any suggestions for a winter wedding?

I too have a December wedding coming up this year....any suggestions other than Snow white....on me it's light, coconut, and well like suntan lotion....I love it....but not for the wedding day! Any suggestions for a winter wedding?

Well, I'm not sure what notes you usually like, but Prague has a distinctly ethereal wintery vibe for me. And it's GC! :)

First off: Congratulations to all our BPAL brides to be!

Hey, well i'm getting married next year *whooo* unless something catastophic happens between now and then lol. Uhm, i am a big fan of REALLY light fragrances, not too sweet or spicy or powerful. Feminine and gentle... hmm any suggestions? :) (maybe alittle bit of sexy in there too for the after wedding festivities..)

I checked some of your posts (I don't know if that's thorough research or creepy but, you know, it's what I do) and you and your boy both seem to really like Katrina Van Tassel. I don't think any of the Hallowe'en story scents have ever been resurrected so I think that's one you'll have to ration. A similar, creamy floral is Alice. It's a honey-milk note with rose, a bit of spicy carnation and bergamot. Very light and feminine but maybe a bit innocent for a wedding night. A Few other suggestions:

Peitho Lusty myrtle and jasmine with red sandalwood, stargazer lily, and clove over an opulent, rich bed of warm musk and bourbon vanilla.

This is a beautiful, heady womanly scent without being too strong or bold. The musk and vanilla create this wonderful, lush skin scent and the jasmine is very sweet and supple. I really, really like this one and think it would smell intoxicating on a bride.

Schlafende Baigneuse Skin musk, white cream, honeycomb, yellow rose, King mandarin, chrysanthemum, golden amber, honeysuckle, and wide-throated yellow monkey-flower accord.

A more complex and sophisticated KVT. It's warm and golden and evokes golden sunlight streaming through the window. It's Salon so I would definitely try to pick up a decant before commiting to a bottle.

Eos softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

I kind of like wearing the scent of a goddess on your wedding day and Eos represents fertility and rebirth. This scent is beautiful. The throw is all honeysuckle and jasmine but the skin musk and buttecup sex it up a little. I know that New Orleans was not your friend but Eos might have that extra little kick you're looking for.

Antique Lace A soft, wistful blend of dry flowers, aged linens, and the faint breath of long-faded perfumes.

A warm, creamy vanilla with florals and clean, sharp linens. It's a beautiful scent and well loved on the forums.

So I'm getting married this September, outside in a park. I'm totally with those who think a GC would be a good idea, what with the memories associated, but I'm also tempted to layer my "signature" with something to make it a little more unique, especially because the scent I consider to be my signature is Yggdrasil, which, while beautiful and obviously a HUGE fave, is . . . well, perhaps a teeny bit boring for the occasion?

Masquerade Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom.

This is a soft, velvety patchouli. Patchouli can be pretty casual, I find, and this is the most elegant primarily patchouli scent I've ever smelled. Yggdrasil would add some beautiful crispness to this.

Brisingamen five ambers, soft myrtle and apple blossom, myrtle, and carnation.

A quiet, soft resin with a bit of carnation spice. I don't think either scent would overpower the other.

Scherezade Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.

I love a mixture of red musk and crisper notes. Scherezade is beautiful, elegant and sexy. It has a lot of throw but if you're getting married outside strong scents are more forgivable.

A similar scent in the GC is The Macabray White winter flowers plucked from a snow-covered graveyard.

I don't know how you feel about the inspiration of your scent, however.

Some other suggestions:

Tiger Lily golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

I find it's a warm scent but it definitely evokes warm, golden light rather than the feeling of being warm. It's simple and beautiful but an unforgettable scent all around.

Three Brides Moroccan rose, king mandarin, red sandalwood, Egyptian amber, orchid, carnation, benzoin, tonka, calla lily, vanilla flower.

Kind of a duh, I guess. But it's a lovely, complex vanilla. The Salons have a sort of regal quality about them that makes them perfect for a bride.

Edited by paperrose

I'm getting married at the end of September. It's going to be casual, just friends and that kind of thing. I'm going to wear a knee-length intensely RED silk dupioni dress. I'm thinking that whatever BPAL I wear is going to have to be anything but tender blossoms and lilies. Ha.

For a winter wedding, I would recommend Szepasszony, which is SUCH an underrated GC! I have a bottle and wear it all winter: "clear, airy notes, slashing rain, and a thin undercurrent of white flowers." The description of her sounds like a bride: "a stunningly beautiful woman in a blinding white dress". Plus she is the Winter Witch, which I think is rad for a pagan wedding. ;)

I am so glad I wore Two, Five, & Seven for my spring tea-party wedding; it could not have been more perfect. Utterly romantic and feminine, but fresher and sweeter than some of my other rose favorites. And now I smile whenever I smell it. :princess:

Masquerade Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom.

This is a soft, velvety patchouli. Patchouli can be pretty casual, I find, and this is the most elegant primarily patchouli scent I've ever smelled. Yggdrasil would add some beautiful crispness to this.

Brisingamen five ambers, soft myrtle and apple blossom, myrtle, and carnation.

A quiet, soft resin with a bit of carnation spice. I don't think either scent would overpower the other.

Scherezade Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.

I love a mixture of red musk and crisper notes. Scherezade is beautiful, elegant and sexy. It has a lot of throw but if you're getting married outside strong scents are more forgivable.

I've not had a chance to try out the layering yet, and to be honest I'd forgotten to look into this thread before making my most recent BPAL order, but I'll definitely try out Scherezade as I have a whole, aged bottle of it, and I just had to go check and discovered that I was right - I got frimped Bringsamen in a decant circle order I got today. :lol: And is it ever gorgeous! I can't wait to see how it goes with my beloved Yggdrasil. :wub2:

Thank you for the suggestions.

You know, I wish I hadn't been on hiatus from the thread when I got married, because you know I have NO idea which BPAL I wore? I was in such a daze..!

I'm not a bride-to-be, but one of my best friends is! :D I was at work today thinking... "gosh, I should really try to find something to wear specifically for the wedding, shouldn't I?" Of course, I'd love to use it for other occasions, but I really like the idea of finding something with the wedding in mind, especially since I'm a bridesmaid!

And since I'm new to BPAL and am not as good at figuring out what would work well in different situations, I thought I'd come as you all. ;)

The wedding is September 12, and it will be outdoors at a fabulous state park here in Wisconsin. Weather could either be hot & humid or cold & rainy -- there's just no telling in the middle of September. The guys are going to be in kilts (or so the groom said last I talked to him), and us bridesmaids have brown dresses. It'll be very very outdoorsy: the idea right now is to have a 'picnic' sort of theme with the reception, and a lot of us are going to be camping there afterwards! I don't want to overwhelm anything with scent, so maybe something subtle? I lean towards things with sandalwood, musk, heavier scents like that, or fruity & citrusy (although I'm not sure how well citrus would work for mid-Sept) or foodie. Earthy tones? I'm sort of leaning towards something earthy, but I really like Swank so something that makes me want to party would be fun, too. Or something SEXY, since there will be single gentlemen in attendance.

Basically, something that seems outdoors-y and autumn-y to you? I just need some ideas and some direction!

Oh, bother. I hadn't thought about this at all.

Knowing me, I will most likely end up with Brides of Dracula. It's the only BPAL I have that still works on me with my meds, it vaguely relates to being a bride, and it kind of matches my dress/wedding (my dress is goldish and ivory lace and velvet, sort of a fancy Baroque style dress though not as flarey at the bottom, and I wear a black velvet cloak over it. The groom plans on wearing a sword). I have a looong while before I'll need it though, so I have time to think.

I'm not a bride-to-be, but one of my best friends is! :D I was at work today thinking... "gosh, I should really try to find something to wear specifically for the wedding, shouldn't I?" Of course, I'd love to use it for other occasions, but I really like the idea of finding something with the wedding in mind, especially since I'm a bridesmaid!

And since I'm new to BPAL and am not as good at figuring out what would work well in different situations, I thought I'd come as you all. ;)

The wedding is September 12, and it will be outdoors at a fabulous state park here in Wisconsin. Weather could either be hot & humid or cold & rainy -- there's just no telling in the middle of September. The guys are going to be in kilts (or so the groom said last I talked to him), and us bridesmaids have brown dresses. It'll be very very outdoorsy: the idea right now is to have a 'picnic' sort of theme with the reception, and a lot of us are going to be camping there afterwards! I don't want to overwhelm anything with scent, so maybe something subtle? I lean towards things with sandalwood, musk, heavier scents like that, or fruity & citrusy (although I'm not sure how well citrus would work for mid-Sept) or foodie. Earthy tones? I'm sort of leaning towards something earthy, but I really like Swank so something that makes me want to party would be fun, too. Or something SEXY, since there will be single gentlemen in attendance.

Basically, something that seems outdoors-y and autumn-y to you? I just need some ideas and some direction!

That sounds fun! And hopefully it will be a sunny day. Some suggestions:

Lust red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh.

This came to mind immediately. It strikes me as a very rich and grounded and extremely feminine scent. Very earth mother and sultry.

Les Bijoux Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

This definitely falls into the fruity side of the spectrum but the skin musk and honey ground it and make it ridiculously sexy.

Hollywood Babylon glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry.

It has the brighter party elements and then some grounded amber and musk to prevent it from just evapourating into the ether.

Ulalume Starry white lilies lend an eerie brightness to the deep black wooded scents of cypress and oak, layered with a touch of crushed dried leaves and the faintest aquatic note.

Really the only reason I'm recommending this one is because it SCREAMS fall to me. I don't know how appropriate it is to your chemistry as it's unlike a lot of the things you like, but I'm just lobbing it out there.

Samhain Truly the scent of autumn itself -- damp woods, fir needle, and black patchouli with the gentlest touches of warm pumpkin, clove, nutmeg, allspice, sweet red apple and mullein.

Pumpkin pie, a bit of dirty patchouli and some forest. This is definitely an autumn scent. It's a LE Halloweenie but hopefully it will be returning this August.

Hexennacht 2008 German fir and forest herbs, incense and bonfire smoke, infernal flora, glowing amber, and the wet, glimmering scent of skin warmed by dance.

Another LE but not exceptionally difficult to find. This is a gorgeous, sexy sort of forest/skin musk/incense blend. Very crisp and light but also just drop dead beautiful. Love it.

paperrose --

those all sound like great suggestions! thanks so much! really liking the idea of Lust. ... bwahaha.

Hey there!

Newcomer to BPAL, I've never tried anything but I wanted to get some advice first before I ordered a messload of imps. I'm seeing so many things on this list that sound lovely, y'all obviously know what you're talking about.

I'm getting married in early December and wanted a Signature Scent for the day, and possibly little gifts for the wedding party and favors at the reception. It's gonna be a small and fairly casual wedding, so I don't want something terribly glamorous or overwhelmingly traditional. Whimsical without being too innocent, light, subtle with staying power, something that would work both for the early afternoon wedding and the wedding night. And it's Texas, so pine and other traditional Christmasy notes probably wouldn't work. Colors are emerald and maroon to dark red. Only problem is that the Love gets migraines pretty easily from lots of strong scents. Just a few minutes in places like Bath Junkie and Bath&Body Works will give him a headache.

If anyone has any ideas for what should comprise my first order, I would be Very Grateful.

Hey there!

Newcomer to BPAL, I've never tried anything but I wanted to get some advice first before I ordered a messload of imps. I'm seeing so many things on this list that sound lovely, y'all obviously know what you're talking about.

I'm getting married in early December and wanted a Signature Scent for the day, and possibly little gifts for the wedding party and favors at the reception. It's gonna be a small and fairly casual wedding, so I don't want something terribly glamorous or overwhelmingly traditional. Whimsical without being too innocent, light, subtle with staying power, something that would work both for the early afternoon wedding and the wedding night. And it's Texas, so pine and other traditional Christmasy notes probably wouldn't work. Colors are emerald and maroon to dark red. Only problem is that the Love gets migraines pretty easily from lots of strong scents. Just a few minutes in places like Bath Junkie and Bath&Body Works will give him a headache.

If anyone has any ideas for what should comprise my first order, I would be Very Grateful.

Perhaps Yggdrasil - it starts out strong and almost medicinal, but when it's dry, its all sweet white sandalwood and sweet, green herbs. And on my oil devouring skin, it lasted about four hours.

Les Bijoux is apples and honey and skin musk with a little sharp green in the background - I find it very sexy.

Muse is lime and white florals - if you can wear jasmine it is very nice.

Katharina is apricots and white musk - sweet and fruity, but still a perfume - not food.

Or for something slightly more traditional there's always Maiden. Sweet rose with a hint of spicy carnation. But it really doesn't have much staying power.

I was married in December as well! For my wedding I wore Carceri D'Invenzione. To me, it was just a perfect, rich and sexy smelling scent...perfect for winter and really went with the style of my dress.

I just looked at your favorites list and maybe Antique Lace or Clemence?

What are your wedding colors...etc...??

Oh and congratulations!!

Fantastic! Thank you so much, BAJ. These will be a great starting point. :biggrin:

You're welcome! If you want to round out an imp pack, I just tried Croquet today, and it may fit the bill.

Croquet - pink citrus, soft wild rose and a hint of musk and patchouli to ground them. It smells a bit like pink lemonade, and then drys to a soft rose with a citrus edge.