Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Coney Island Creek Atmosphere Spray

CONEY ISLAND CREEK
The scent of silty, thick water, mud flats, and rusted ancient shipwrecks.

This actually doesn't smell muddy and swampy at all but like a fresh green aquatic with a good dose of salty sea air. It's not really for me but I can appreciate how it sticks to the inspiration without actually smelling like mud and rust. If you like sea breeze type scents you will love this one.

This is a very nice aquatic scent! A little vegetation, but mostly the sea. It's kinda like standing near a slightly mucky shore. It strikes me as a little dark, but not in a heavily green, swampy way, more of a "standing on a pier in the dark with a full moon overhead" dark. That's seriously the image I get when I spray this. It's super clear in my head as I smell the scent wafting around my room.

ETA: My cat typically will not get near my perfume. She hates it all, and makes offended faces when I offer her things to smell. But she actually sniffed the finger that had some of this on it and seemed to enjoy the scent. Could we have finally found a smell Miss Shizuka approves of!?

Edited by Kaylee

A green, salty aquatic. Turn your room into an underwater treasure trove! Love this scent. I love the comment above about standing on a pier, at night. That's a perfect image.

Well, I can tell you this: It does not smell like a swamp. I live right next to a swamp...er, creek, technically..., and if the swamp creek smelled like this, that would be awesome. Alas, it doesn't smell like this, but this is the creek you wish your creek could smell like. It's on a horse.

As far as the actual scent goes... I'm not quite getting the fresh aquatic everyone else is. It comes across as a bit murkier to me. Still more of a straight saltwater and ocean air scent than muddy, silty, and rusted shipwrecky... which is quite disappointing to me, as I rather do like muddy, silty, and rusty metal scents. That said, there is an edge to this that I would call metallic, and there is a definite musty, almost stale quality in the late drydown. Though, it's a lot more pleasant than the actual scent of stale water. It's definitely got that almost sweet tang of water that's been left to stagnate, though, which does give a thicker scent to it.

Not quite as throw-tastic as some others I've tried; the throw is quite light. Gentle humid air. Kind of an idealised humid day near a large body of water scent. Not at all unpleasant, like such days can smell... more like the nostalgic memory of that scent, assuming the memories associated with that kind of day are good ones.

Overall, it's definitely a new favourite of mine.

Now, to get my paws on more...

This is a heavy, soapy, sharp, harsh sort of floral-aquatic. It's like walking down the laundry aisle at Wal-Mart, where all of the floral scented soap smells are just suffocating. I hate it; it gives me a terrible headache. I've only sprayed this on a throw pillow so far, but I can't see myself actually using this to scent a room... I'm fond of clean scented room scents, but this one is just too heavy and soap-powdery for me.

Edited by Little Bird

I've had this forever and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. Coney Island Creek is a regular in my house, I usually pair it with coconut candles.

I'm not usually one to go for an aquatic scent but this REALLY does smell salty. This is a dark and brooding aquatic, murky, salty and fit for a Cthulhu traveling to NYC :cthulhu:

Edited by Monster

This is literally the best stuff ever. I have gone through four bottles of it. It's a scent that lingers, and is beautiful and unusual. Love. I stalk it on Etsy now.

Woody, slightly salty aquatic. The aquaticness comes from something that smells like lilies, ambergris, and maybe a touch of violet? There's definitely wood in the background, and a whiff of salt.

mr. zee_zee does not like this one, so its off to a better home.