Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

The British Blondes Atmosphere Spray

THE BRITISH BLONDES
In 1868, Lydia Thompson’s British Blondes took New York City by storm, introducing burlesque to the Americas. A cluster of hothouse orchids with smoky vanilla-touched skin musk and burnished golden amber.

Complex and sophisticated, sensual and beautiful, and very "golden". There is no one element that really stands out above the others in this blend but they all harmonize together into something amazing. It isn't a screeching floral though the orchids are present, and it is not gourmand though the smoky vanilla musk is definitely there, merging with the mysterious and sexy aroma of orchids on a bed of sweet golden amber. It makes me think of an old-school Hollywood actress spraying on perfume from a tasseled atomizer before going off to a movie premiere. I sprayed this on my shirt and couldn't stop huffing it the rest of the day. :wub2:

Elegant, sophisticated soft orchid floral with a hint of wood and skin. This is a beautiful scent and makes my room seem all the more distinguished.

A beautiful vanilla and orchid. It smells totally antiseptic in the bottle, but once you spray it is an amazingly sophisticated vanilla... Think a more golden version of Antique Lace. Love it!

Tried at comic con I currently have some in my sweatshirt :eek: Florals and vanilla. I don't get the golden point to it...just soft white florals and vanilla. It has an overall perfumey quality I didn't care for before and I don't really like now. But I am glad others love it! :wub2:

I agree with Absinthetics: this spray smells unprepossessing in the bottle. It also seems less intense than most of the other ones I've tried; it took three spritzes to scent my den rather than the usual two. Also, I had to go away and come back an hour later to notice it -- but by that point the place smelled gorgeous.

The orchids are the star of this scent, a lovely restrained and somehow old-fashioned scent. But there's a well-blended underpinning of amber and gentle vanilla-musk notes that reads very golden to me. It gives me the impression of L'Estate, I think maybe because there's a similar amber note.

ETA: It is very long-lasting once it gets going. I can still notice it 36 hours after the time I spray it.

Edited by hlinspjalda

I agree with the comparison to Antique Lace version of a room spray. Very pretty, and I LOVE it as a room spray. Very nostagic/antique-y feel to it, but feminine with the florals and vanilla. Hmm, I wonder if they can make this into a skin oil. Though I never really was a fan of AL, this is very close, and I bet it would make a ton of people happy!

My first thought when I sprayed this was, "Sephora!" This smells exactly like the scent that I always pick up on when I walk into a Sephora store. It's like expensive, perfumey musks, sweet and delicate powders, and whispers of sweet vanillas twisting through everything.

The husband and I are staying in a large-ish bedroom at my in-laws' house while our new home is being built, and one little spritz of this filled the whole room with tons of glorious scent that has lasted over 16 hours now. I was amused when my husband got home last night, walked into our room, and instantly said, "Why does our room smell like Sephora? What did you order?" Sephora makes him nervous, lol.

Anyhow. This stuff is amazing. I'd have a hard time picking just one bptp room spray if I could only have one, but this one would definitely be in the running for most favorite. It smells so expensive, classy, and vanilla-y. This is going to be one that I spray on my shoes and jackets quite a bit.

:love!:

This is a very feminine beautiful spray that reminds me a lot of The Girl(and a little bit of Vasilissa). It has that same very perfumeyness(that is a word now! hehe!) of The Girl with a more laid-back smokey vanilla, soft musk, and a whole lot of amber. This gave me a really big headache, which is unfortunate as I LOVE this but can't handle the head pain vs. the nice smell. I always try to make amber work for me, but it usually doesn't want to play nice, but that's okay as the lovely Blondes are on their way to a new home!

As others have mentioned, this spray has a kind of old world glamour to it and it's very feminine. It does bring to mind the buxom blonde Hollywood stars of the 1950s with their bouffant hair, extravagant cleavage and red lipstick.

The smoky vanilla musk is the standout note - it's gorgeous, sweet and smoky, quite sensuous in the air for the first few minutes after spritzing British Blondes in the room. The orchid is a bit too strong for my liking - I think it's the orchids that are responsible for the perfume-like aroma that comes out after about 5 minutes to the point where it becomes a kind of generic floral-y perfume-y smell that I'm not loving so much. The amber is gorgeous though - soft and dusky, a perfect match with the smoky vanilla.

I'm glad I have this, but I'm not sure I'll use it all that much because the orchids kinda spoil it for me. It leaves my room smelling a bit like someone's just sprayed some flowery perfume in there, rather than the complex rich fragrances that I've come to love from my BPTP sprays. But to be fair, British Blondes isn't really my kind of thing at all (despite my being a British-born blonde myself!).. but if you love orchids and sultry musk/amber combinations then you'll probably really enjoy this one :smile:

whoops, i totally forgot to review this! i just sprayed some and to me it smells like toasty vanilla with florals...maybe not just orchid? i dunno, orchid seems to smell different in the air than on my skin (but not that different.) this scent is sweet, and seems to have a sweet floral that almost smells fruity, but not quite. i have mixed feelings on this though. one moment i like it, and the next, i think the florals are too sweet and strong for my tastes. i think i am really liking the amber-vanilla aspect the most.

Edited by theseagrows

I got a bottle in and unfortunately, for me, it's all orchids. I don't get even a hint of the vanilla, musk , or amber. After I sprayed it, someone told me it was a mix of old lady perfume + potpourri. :cry2: Off to the swaps.

omg :thud: I got this a present from my friend for my birthday :wub2:

so sweet!

the vanilla is really there, so yummy :yum:

I love the orchids so much, I even sprayed it on my clothes today (she did actually :P )

and I will sleep in this summer dress so I can smell like it all night :lol:

Soft orchids and wispy vanilla, and maybe lipstick. Actually evokes the same images I get when I sniff B340 and Cabaret.Goth. I love this stuff! :wub2:

This is very Golden! I'm so glad I got to try this - it is gorgeous! Sophisticated vaniila and amber...just lovely.

Amber, vanilla, hint of orchid. This is golden, heady and reminds me to Badgers, minus the honey leather component.

Therefore, I adore it. Would absolutely love more of it.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review The British Blondes atmo spray...it's absolutely stunning and I've been spraying it every which way for the past few years. I only have an inch or so left in the bottle, and I'll be so sad when it's finally gone! Vanilla, orchid, and amber...sounds relatively straightforward, but like so many blends, it's entirely more than the sum of its parts. The golden amber is the strongest note, with the orchid coming through brightly and with that great dusky tang that they have. The vanilla rounds everything out and adds warmth and sweetness. It smells like brass on blonde wood, like the perfect red lipstick, like a pile of furs in the back of a Rolls Royce. There's something Gatsby-esque about it—outsized, unabashed and luxe. I'll enjoy every last spritz!

this is basically the classiest atmosphere spray in my collection. the orchids, musk and amber blend together seamlessly to create a scent that is golden, sophisticated and luxurious. i sprayed a teeny bit on my sweater to sniff more closely. the orchids are a silky floral note, and the amber is sweet and polished. there is a teeny touch of smoke, but i wouldn't have picked it out if i hadn't read the notes, so i would not say this is a smoky scent.

i just sprayed some in my office and it smelled so good that i was thinking it's too bad this was never made into a perfume. but then i realized that as a perfume, the floral notes would never work on me! so i'm pretty happy to have this as a room spray. it automatically makes any space smell totally sophisticated. i completely agree with LiberAmoris that there is a gatsby-quality to it! i love it.

Scent memories, a'hoy! This smells just like my grandmother. I can picture sitting in the bathroom with her as she powdered herself and put on lipstick, and spritzed a perfume SO closely related to this. I hate amber in perfume form but now I am thinking I should get more atmos with it. Slightly powdered, vanilla glazed orchids. Genuinely made me cry. 10/10 GREAT staying power.

I only had a sample of this that I sparingly used out on special occasions. i would love to have more--it's delightfully feminine, and I feel it's got an understatedly sexy vibe.