Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I am kind of surprised that this isn't as highly sought after as previous event-exclusive frimps. It is quite delicious, and I for one am happy to have bedbugs :) It smells like gingersnap cookies with a hint of orange. The throw is moderate and it lasts for a few hours, not bad in my book.

imp: citrus tea cookies!

wet: this smells exactly like the orange tea cookies i make. delicious!

dry: orange tea cookies, spiced with nutmeg and dusted with vanilla sugar. :yum:

Yep - gingersnap cookies with candied citrus peel, or maybe some lemon pound cake. The citrus note fades fairly fast and just leaves gingersnap crumbs on the plate. God, this makes me hungry.

To me, this smells like orange spiced sponge cake. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... so glad I go SO MANY BEDBUGS.

Ginger? Cookies?

... On me, this smells eerily like... tomato juice. I'm not even kidding. Fresh, it smells just like I spilled V8 on my hand.

It becomes slightly less tomato-y on the drydown, but I'm really not getting any ginger, citrus, or cookies at all. 100% of your daily suggested vegetable rations, right here.

OMG. It smells like one of my favorite teas. Gingerbread Orange Rooibos.

:wub2: love it.

Thanks to my bedbug fairy.

On me, this smells like a very dry, not very sweet gingerbread with a hint of black pepper. Maybe more like a biscuit smell than a cookie smell. I don't get any of the citrus that others have mentioned, but I can kinda pick up on the tea feel (a warm, clean quality underneath the spice and biscuit scent). It's okay, but definitely not my favorite foodie type scent from bpal.

i chuckled softly when i left nycc and looked through my frimps at my friend's house where i was staying, and came upon 3 bedbug imps!

as others have mentioned, this smells a lot like cardamom with some orange spice tea peeking out of the background. since i tend to avoid foodier scents, i can't really think of a similar BPAL i've tried. orange and cardamom pretty much sums it up.

Edited by theseagrows

This is really a warm, moist ginger cookie. Very similar to Gingerbread Poppet, only not as strong. If GP was the gingersnap, Bedbug would be the cake version of gingerbread. Yummy, and so glad my decanter included frimps of these!

Origin:

Lagniappe from the lovely DangerInRed. :heart:

Preconceived notions:

I love the smell of gingerbread and gingersnap cookies, do this one is almost definitely going to be a winner for me.

First sniff:

Gingersnaps, made with a touch of molasses, and...lemon? I'm getting something very faint and slightly citrusy here. It reminds me a bit of gingersnaps with a very thin layer of lemon royal icing on top. Normally, I'm not a lemon (or citrus in general) fan, but I like the little bit of zing that I'm getting from Bedbug!

Wet on skin:

Same as in the imp. Deliciously spicy. This isn't just the smell of a combination of spices that would go into a gingersnap cookie. It's definitely the smell of the cookie itself.

Dry down:

Once Bedbug dries, I'm left with mouthwatering, chewy gingersnap molasses cookies and fresh, grated ginger, rather than lemon. That makes me think that Bedbug is another scent where my nose temporarily confuses the smell of fresh ginger with lemon, like it does with White Rabbit. It only seems to happen when there's a very strong, fresh ginger note in a scent rather than a dried, crystallized or "spicy" ginger note.

The bottom line:

I really like this! I'd definitely buy a bottle if it were available in bottle form. I'll be savoring my little imp (and laughing at the name and label art) until it's used up. :heart:

I laughed when I saw the imps. The art is hilarious and the sense of humour behind it is perfect ;)

Sadly on opening, alls I got was a horrifying, cloying, burnt butterscotch pudding. I couldn't cap it up fast enough.

:(

I received Bedbug as a frimp from the amazing mimers99. You can imagine how excited I was to find this! So generous; thank you!

I wish I had more to add than other reviewers, but this one seems to be fairly straightforward. I adore foody/gourmand scents, so this was fantastic.

In The Imp: Although I suspected as such from the reviews (indeed, I put off opening this for several weeks because I was terrified I would fall in love with it), it's lovely. I'm getting a baked good that gingerbread-esque in nature - like gingerbread men, or gingersnap cookies. This is very straightforward, and not particularly open to my interpretation (in my opinion) - this is definitely gingerbread. I haven't yet tried any of the other gingerbread-based scents that BPAL has released, such as Gingerbread Poppet, or Invasion Of The Flesh-Eating Reindeer From Uranus, but this is definitely the scent I'd have in mind when trying them.

Wet: Very similar to in the imp. Wet, however, the orange that previous reviewers detect begins to come out to play a little. It's not overwhelming, or even very evident, but it is present.

Dry: Yum. The orange note is far more evident when this is dry, and the longer it remains on my skin, the more the orange comes out. This one is a morpher to me (although not hugely, such as Lilith Vs. The Giant Crab, which turned from a tangerine cream to a beachy aquatic on my skin). The gingerbread aspect fades, unfortunately, but that tea note that others mention replaces it; I do prefer the former, but only slightly. This seems to turn it from, say, a straight gingerbread scent to one emulating a gingerbread-based tea, with the prominent orange note. It loses its pastry edge, and the spices seem to come out more due to the appearance of the orange note. This is very well blended.

I'm very thankful I got to try this. It is beautiful at all stages. I will keep my imp, for sure. I came across another imp, which I am swapping away, as I want others to try this, and I don't love it enough to hoard it, or seek out more, due to its rarity. I am glad that I waited to try it, as it definitely seems to suit Christmas. This has convinced me to hunt down the other gingerbread scents (although, frankly, I didn't need convincing). The orange and tea notes keep this one unique, though, so it's worth trying for sure, if possible.

ETA: To get the name of Flesh-Eating Reindeer right!

Edited by devotchkadebones

I have cookies, bland and sweet. no spice whatsover to my nose. my pregnancy nose, even. i passed this on so I can't retest it, but I'm surprised to see so much "ginger" listed in reviews.

Holy Ginger-Cinnamon Batman!! With just a wee bit of cookie. I wish I were getting more cookie and less cinnamon. I don't mind the ginger. I hope this ages well.

~

Reactions I got the first time I wore Bedbug:

"What is that amazing smell?"

"You smell like... cookies."

"Don't go away, then I can't smell you anymore."

"You smell great, by the way."

Orange and ginger, a little like orange pekoe tea. Amazing. I need more.

In bottle: Gingerbread, primarily, with candied fruit. It’s a clever and delicious combination, with a pleasing spiciness. Wet: more ginger and other spices, less cake and candied fruit. Less unusual than in the bottle, but still quite lovely, in a warm brown sort of way. Dry: mostly spices and candied fruit with a hint of gingerbread.

ITImp: I get fruit cake. Yick!

Wet: I still get fruit cake, but with just a little ginger. Still not liking it.

Dry: More ginger and candied oranges, but I still smell like a fancy fruit cake. Not for me.

In the imp: Spicy gingerbread and orange! Oh my god, that smells so delicious!

On me, wet: That right there is ginger snaps and Constant Comment. I would know that smell anywhere. It's also how I would imagine what it would have smelled like when Best Friend was studying at Oxford, eating boxes of ginger snaps and drinking seven cups of tea a night to finish her papers. I kind of instantly love it and I'm totally going to save it for next winter.

On me, dry: Perfect scent of orange tea and cookies. I love this so much and, as weird as this might sound, I wish it were available in the GC. I LOVE the Constant Comment scent and I'm definitely going to keep the imp around for autumn and winter.

Spicy gingerbread heaven! With a citrus twist. As it dries down it goes ALL cinnamon on me. I have hopes for it though as it dries down longer because I can still smell that ginger waiting in the background. Waiting, waiting, waiting...like a bed bug waiting for you to get home......

Smells like the Moravian ginger spice cookies I grew up with. :yum:

Too bad it's only an imp. I'd buy a bottle.

Wet: Gingerbread cookie.. with a hint of orange, maybe? Not as strong of a ginger scent as Gingerbread Poppet, but still a prominent ginger note to my nose.

Dry: A delicate, sweet ginger. This doesn't have such a baked goods vibe anymore, but it's still nice and "warm" smelling.

Edited by donkehpoo

Nothing new to add!

Spicy and warm with a hit of bright, juicy orange. This is a hard, flat ginger cookie with orange icing. The orange fades a little on my skin, but this stays a spicy ginger cookie. Yum!