Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
QueenSneak

Eau de Pooch

Yeah. Exactly what it says in the title.

I realize I might be somewhat of a weirdo, but I find that I really like the scent of my dog. Specifically a day or two after she's had her weekly bath, where it's still a clean musk mixed with a trace of the chemical leftover from her doggie shampoo. I would wear it if I could duplicate it, yes I would.

So yeah, has there been a animalistic/musky BPAL that reminds you of dogs, but in a good way? I do have Wolf Moon 04, but while it definitely reminds me of the wild, it's not the tamed puppy that I'm looking for.

Yeah. Exactly what it says in the title.

I realize I might be somewhat of a weirdo, but I find that I really like the scent of my dog. Specifically a day or two after she's had her weekly bath, where it's still a clean musk mixed with a trace of the chemical leftover from her doggie shampoo. I would wear it if I could duplicate it, yes I would.

So yeah, has there been a animalistic/musky BPAL that reminds you of dogs, but in a good way? I do have Wolf Moon 04, but while it definitely reminds me of the wild, it's not the tamed puppy that I'm looking for.

I've never tried it, but Pa-Pow (a scent evocative of bright days running through the grass and sun-warmed puppy fur dusted with California wildflowers) sounds like exactly the thing you're looking for. :)

I don't really have any recs, I'm brand new, but I want you to know you're not alone. I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I think my dog smells best right in the back of his neck, where he has a big ruff of fur. Warm, clean, soft, Beauregard :wub2:

Actually, there's much to be said for the smell of a (clean) animal. When I worked next door to a PetSmart, one of my favorite things to do was run next door and huff a kitty. I huff my kitties too. My aunt huffs her kitty. There's just something so ... soothing about burying your nose in your best friend's fur, assuming you can do so without sneezing yourself sick thirty seconds later.

Not so sure that could be replicated in a perfume, though... it's as much in the mind as it is in the nose.

Oh, I love Pa-Pow. It definitely evokes the idea of "happy dog!" but I wouldn't promise that it smells exactly like a dog and nothing else. It's a sunny field with a dog playing in it. :D

No guarantee it'll be to your taste, but if you're hunting for a dog scent, I'd certainly start by searching the sales forum for that one-- I'm sure I've seen decants and bottles floating around.

You can count me among those who would love the scent of her dog bottled. My late dog smelled of warmth, golden and comforting. It's one of the things I miss most about her and if it could be bottled, oh, I'd buy it up.

Actually, there's much to be said for the smell of a (clean) animal. When I worked next door to a PetSmart, one of my favorite things to do was run next door and huff a kitty. I huff my kitties too. My aunt huffs her kitty. There's just something so ... soothing about burying your nose in your best friend's fur, assuming you can do so without sneezing yourself sick thirty seconds later.

Not so sure that could be replicated in a perfume, though... it's as much in the mind as it is in the nose.

I find that Bastet (Luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus) greatly resembles the smell of my cat's fur after she's been sunning herself. It's not as good as the real thing, but it's definitely close. :wub2:

Not pooch, but Oblivion smells exactly like fluffy kitten to me. If you can track it down, try Ivanushka -- it's a clean, furry type musk.

Edited by EdenIrisMae

Thanks for all the recommendations yall. Pa-Pow it is then. Even though my Garlic is more a "high-strung, egotistic urban-dwelling b**ch who sits next to the window and barks at any dog who passes by the building" than a "sun-warmed puppy fur dusted with California wildflowers." :lol: