Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Geminirubyshoes

Lilith's Tea Party

LILITH'S TEA PARTY
Since Lilith was about a year and a half old, she has loved having tea parties. We each get a small plate of invisible cookies, a cup of invisible tea (sometimes iced, always with cream and honey), and one special item, personalized to each grownup: Lilith always gives Ted a wooden box of play waffles, I get a wooden box of frozen vegetables, and Uncle Brian gets loaded down with wooden fruits and extra tea spoons. Sometimes we have tea in the living room, sometimes we have it in the garden. Sometimes tea lasts for five minutes, and sometimes tea goes on for hours. When we have tea, Lilith is always a gracious, accommodating hostess, and she always has a story to tell.

Imaginary génoise cakes, imaginary trifle (with imaginary rosewater, imaginary Madeira and imaginary strawberries), imaginary macaroons, and imaginary Devonshire tea served in an imaginary garden surrounded by one-thousand imaginary flowers.

Lilith's Tea Party is definately a child's tea party time in a bottle. Upon opening the bottle I was enveloped in the smell of strawberries and cream with what smells to me like biscuits and a tea note similar to the tea note in Dorian. Upon the skin, the tea note is stronger and takes the sweetness out of the strawberries. I've had this on for about 15 minutes now and it's creamy, light and just a little bit sweet. I think the florals are starting to bloom in the ultimate drydown. This is so nostalgic to me of playing dressup with my friends in my backyard when I was little. It's a very lighthearted, happy smell and I am so grateful that Beth shares these special scents with us.

This is so pretty! I get a blast of realistic seedy strawberries, tea, rosewater (I'm getting tea rose like the one in London), and lots of buttery, creamy baked goods, namely scones with a light spread of clotted cream (one of my favorite things ever) :yum:

After 10min. I sadly start amping the strawberries and the tea, which unfortunately goes almost minty on my skin (but I almost always have trouble with tea notes). The baked goods are still there but have taken more of a backseat. I'm going to test it a few more times, but I think it's a keeper. The label is so adorable!

I was really worried about the "one-thousand imaginary flowers". But they really do seem to be imaginary! This scent, on me, is playful strawberries and cream with the cakes of Eat Me and a bit of creamy tea. The florals aren't in-your-face, but more like the notion of florals, the scent of flowers carried in on a warm breeze. This scent is petticoats and ruffles, pink china and laughter. It's so, so pretty and it really captures that special moment that Beth shared with us.

In the bottle, this oil is delicious! It's sweet , flowery cake. When I put it on, I get a hint of cake for a fraction of a second, followed immediately by a blast of tea that smells like it has some lemon in it. I get no cake, no strawberry. Just lemony tea...and then some of the not-so-imaginary flowers. I really wish I got the yummy strawberries and cream I'm hearing about, but knowing how my skin chemistry hates me, I'm not surprised. I kind of sort of think I can sniff a little bit of it every once in a while, but the tea and flowers dominate my skin. Dry-down is slightly plasticy flowers, but very faint. This was in a hot mailbox just a couple of hours ago, so I'll keep trying. I want to love this, but I don't know if we were meant to be. The amount of beautiful scents being ruined by my stupid skin lately is really starting to get to me. :sad: On a final note...it seems to be working better on my arm than on my hand, so maybe it's testing placement. Try, try again.

ETA: Later that day...this dried down the same way that Gollettes and Boo did. No sweetness- all doughy, plasticy funk. Something about the lab's pastry note really doesn't work on me. Maybe cream doesn't always, either. Hmm. Off to swaps it goes!

Edited by VioletFemme

Oh my, this is lovely. I love the tea note and it is blended so perfectly with strawberry, rosewater, and cake. After it fully dries, it's more strawberries and cake than tea. I adore this blend. :wub2:

Lilith's Tea Party smells like a sweeter Teatime in Roswell, which I also adore. I get (imaginary) cream, (imaginary) tea, and (imaginary) strawberries in the bottle, with a little hint of (imaginary) rosewater.

It smells a little more flowery on me, but not in a bad way. Like the imaginary garden is more apparent, but still in the background. It's still nice and sweet and creamy and fruity. A delightful scent!

In the bottle, this smelled like strawberries and buttery pastry - the pastry is similar at first scent to blackberry jam and scones, but the butter scent was not as strong.

When I put this on, it is mostly strawberries, cream, and a light hint of pastries. It is lovely. After about 30 minutes, the strawberries stayed true, and the tea became more prominent. I didn't smell flowers, so maybe those are extra-imaginary. The scent captures the charming description perfectly, and I'm very happy I have a bottle. I might have to buy another before it goes down.

I agree with Kaylee - this reminded me of Teatime in Roswell. When I apply this first I smell strawberries + faint rosewater. Then I smell the cake note plus just a whiff of something like roasted coconut which I guess is the macaroon. A creamy note softens it all down to a lovely blend that fits perfectly with the idea of an imaginary tea party.

I love this, despite not generally being a fan of foodie scents. I bought a second bottle after my first one arrived! :wub2:

The label is SO adorable. :wub2: In the bottle, I get rose water and cake. On my skin, it's Cake Smash diluted with tea and rose water. I smell strawberries for a fleeting second, then they're gone. Dry, it's a rosy strawberry cake. I wish I smelled more coconut. I usually amp coconut so I'm surprised I don't smell that yet.

Wet, this comes on as tea with some strawberry.

Almost immediately upon drydown, the tea mellows into a strawberry tea. Within the hour, we have strawberry cream tea, mostly strawberry cream but a touch of tea. Throw is strong, so every now and again you are reminded that you are in a garden having a delightful tea party. With no rose water for me, not even of any kind.

This is very very sweet. Almost too sweet for me, reminding me of the original Strawberry (Shortcake) Moon, but even less tart! I have to determine whether the tea saves it for me or not, but this is a most charming scent. Perfect for les jeunes filles.

Edited by tarotgirl

Wet on wrist: Teatime in Roswell, but....pinker.

On the drydown: This very quickly dries down on me to a faintly strawberry tea scent, but slowly......it changes and it also sort of smells like a dentist's office where they have those flavored toothpastes, and one of them is bubblegum and one's strawberry and the room sort of smells like a mix of those + the dentisty things. It's sort of like plastic strawberries on me after about an hour. I *am* on my Time O' The Month right now, so it may be that my skin chemistry will change next week, but for now...love the idea and I'm a huge fan of Teatime in Roswell, but something in this isn't playing nicely with me. :huh?: On the bright side, I was scared of those imaginary flowers, but they do seem to be just that: so faint or perhaps entirely not there!

Adorable label. Pretty in the bottle but it totally disappears on my skin. How can something that smells so foody in the bottle just go poof like that?

Cake Smash & Teatime in Rosewell didn't show up on me either, interestingly enough.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

mmm first impression out of the mail box (which I don't normally do, but this scent excited me)... is velvet unicorn meets the non cucumber aspect of tea time in roswell. Its a little plasticy right now, but I think a few days out of the mail box will remedy that!

Its a lovely strawberry cake with tea!!! Same cake note as in roswell I loved, and gets better and better with wear. The tea note is a cross between that one and the one in dorian (a lil more sweet and a lil less bergamont), and the strawberry note reminds me of somewhere between strawberry moon and velvet unicorn.

Yay to this combo of fav notes from blends!!! This is definitely one I might need a second of, because I can totally use this around kids. Alot of the blends I have are very overtly sexy blends, so if I wear them around kids I kinda feel the equivalent of hoochie shorts, so have been trying to find more foodie and bright blends for work. This falls into both of those categories, its a very bright and happy sweet smell.

Only thing I am not crazy about is this blend seems to be fading really fast. I have only had it on 20 mins or so and its already taking a bit of work to smell. Going to let it rest a few days and re-review

As I get more into BPAL, I've been finding more scents in the LE lines that smell very similar but with just a touch different. Like how Staged Moon Landing smelled similar to that one moth (was it Luna I think?). This tea party smells very similar to Teatime in Roswell. For that scent, however, there was something off towards the end. I chalked it up to the cucumbers. But this smells much like that does in the beginning, sweet, buttery scones...probably with some sweet jam on top. I don't get the heavier strawberry scent that others have said, but I do get a delicate smell that Strawberry Shortcake dolls had. You know what I'm talking about. They are definitely guests to this tea party.

In the Bottle: strawberries (I'm very picky with strawberry notes, and this is too fresh for me), cake, and hints of red rose and tea

Wet on Skin: strawberries, red rose, and hints of cake and tea

Dry: FLOWERS!!!!! Which is of course, exactly what I was hoping to avoid. I can't tell you exactly when they are, but I am sure the mixture includes white florals and probably daisies. Oh, and um…. also, there are still hints of strawberries, tea, and cake. Not for long though. After just a few minutes, the flowers overtake the entire scent

When I first read the scent description, I didn't even wanna try it. The 'one-thousand imaginary flowers' scared me off. But then, I read the reviews and a lot of people said they could barely smell the flowers, so I decided to take a chance. Shoulda gone with my first instinct :(

Edited by SurrealReality

I want to love this, but I don't know if we were meant to be. The amount of beautiful scents being ruined by my stupid skin lately is really starting to get to me. :sad: On a final note...it seems to be working better on my arm than on my hand, so maybe it's testing placement. Try, try again.

ETA: Later that day...this dried down the same way that Gollettes and Boo did. No sweetness- all doughy, plasticy funk. Something about the lab's pastry note really doesn't work on me. Maybe cream doesn't always, either. Hmm. Off to swaps it goes!

Are you my long lost sister? I could have written these exact words. :( Plasticy funk is what happened to me too. I really wanted this to work. :cry2:

Edited by violetblue

Wet in the bottle this is BPAL's PASTRY note with some strawberry in the background. The cake note reminds me more of Blackberry Jam and Scones than Cake Smash, weirdly enough.

After a about five minutes of PASTRY (which is nice, I guess, but I'm not crazy about overly foody scents and this stage is too much for me) then it smoothes out. It ends up being very, very creamy and sweet, with the faintest touches of strawberry and rosewater and tea. It's really well-blended on my skin— I don't really smell distinctive notes, but a pretty, creamy scent.

I really like this, actually, once the initial blast dies down. It is very evocative of a tea party: pinafores and big bows, sunlight and pots of cream and tea. I suspect this is more of a springtime scent than a winter one, but I'm happy to keep it around!

I took a chance on this (I was worried about "the one-thousand imaginary flowers"). It's not bad by any means but it's just so so on me. It actually smells a lot like Bread and Butterfly (on my skin) when it dries. When wet I can smell some kind of cake and tea but nothing else really stands out. I think I will let this sit awhile. Maybe a little aging will help it.

A strong, mean, black tea smell (it reminds me of darjeeling), with slightly under-ripe strawberries. A little sweetened, but not very. Faint flowers, at a guess something white and fresh like roses. I'm not hugely fond of this one. Something about the strong black tea and the strawberries smells a bit like off-putting anise with a hint of mint. I think what I'm put off by is the strong tannin scent from the tea. Tannins and I don't get along well - I have to put milk in my tea to cut the tannins a little or I end up feeling really head-achey and nauseous. I think it's more a scent-asociation which is bothering me. In any case, despite being a bit bitter (or rather umami, which is an odd thing to describe a scent as), it's just a little sweet and is quite fresh and bright smelling without being a citrus scent.

Anyways, not really for me, but if you like black tea-scents (rather than green tea), this one will suit you.

FINALLY, a tea scent that I can love and doesn't smell like lemons! This is juicy and floral, with an undercurrent of strong black tea. I LOVE it. The rose is very, very soft in the background, and the flowers don't turn soapy on me. SO fantastic.

Just got it in the mail today after ordering it the day before it left the forums. Thank you for the speedy delivery, Labbies!

In the Bottle

Delicious rich cake with strawberry, rose, and tea!

On Skin: Wet

Beautifully sumptuous with the cake and tea, laced with gentle, bright, roses. But... there is something in the background that seems to threaten this balance. It...I don't know what it is, but it's fruity and potent. It must be the madeira wine because it's certainly not strawberries.

On Skin: Dry

Oh no... I was afraid that this would happen. The madeira is mixing and making this noxious fruit bug spray smell.

Afternotes

Much of the same, but much lighter and slightly muted with rose. But it is still very unpleasant to sniff at.

Verdict

Given the occasion this marks and who it was made for, I am not going to give this a grade. My heart wants to give it an A+, if only for the wonderful idea and how beautiful it smelled in the bottle. But my skin just doesn't like it...

However, I'm going to have to give this another try in a few weeks. Perhaps it's just hormones mucking things up. Or so I can hope. :cry2:

Edited by Ashenrook

I get some cake and tea in the bottle and during the wet stage, but dry this turns to tart strawberries, pretty florals and a touch of cream. Not what I expected, but still very nice and something I'd wear in a lighthearted, girly mood. :cheer:

Tea, tea, tea all the time. Which is fine by me! I love tea and drink it constantly. On my skin, Severin is lemon herbal tea, and Lilith's Tea Party is Earl Grey-ish tea with not very much bergamot. I'm not getting the cakes or strawberry and actually no flowers either (which would have been fine by me). It's really like "tea single note."

Wow. I got a half decant from a decant circle and that one is like the antithesis of my bottle: strawberries plus Teatime in Roswell! I actually like my bottle better but it's interesting how different the two are.

Edited by Ondine

I love this in the bottle and on my skin for the first half hour. It goes on with lots of the fresh, ripe strawberry, hints of whipped cream frosting, and a girly, sweet rose. It smells like the realistic strawberry note that I love in White Chocolate & Strawberry.

In the drydown, this is much less awesome, as the strawberry disappears and the floral takes over. It's all sweet, perfumey rose with hints of a clean, sharp tea. It has a lot of throw and lasts about 6 hours on my skin, but I wish that the strawberry and foodie sweetness stuck around longer.

I'm sad with how floral this one turns on my skin over time, but I'm going to love wearing this in my scent locket, and it does have the cutest bpal label ever.

Oh god, the label for this is too adorable. Lilith is just too freakin cute! To me, in the bottle, this smells like sweet strawberry cake :x Yum!

You know, on my skin this smells a bit like a sweeter, strawberrier version of floating brain...sweet sweet sweet pink strawberry sponge cake and ah, the rose is coming out on my skin-it goes well with the strawberry, though maybe it's a bit too rosey...the strawberry note is a bit hit or miss on me-its a pink candy strawberry note to me (not like the red strawberry in Strawberry Moon)-it can be a bit plasticy. The longer this is on my skin, the more the rose comes to the front and the strawberry/cakey scent moves to the back.

On full drydown the rose completely goes away and this is all strawberry cake. Oddly, I never noticed tea in this. To me, it was moist pink strawberry sponge cake. I still will need to test this next to I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain, because it just seems so similar to me!