Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blueroses

White Pumpkin Extrait

A freebie included with Trick or Treat Inquisition orders. No description available.

This is pumpkin with white and/or vanilla musks to me. I hate to even say it, but it has an Antique-Lace-with-pumpkin vibe to it. It's light and sweet, so I think it would appeal even to people who normally find pumpkin too heavy or buttery.

I LOVE this. I just wish it was something I could get a full-size bottle of! :wub2:

Not as ferociously buttery as past pumpkins. I smell vanilla, but it may be vanilla musk as mentioned above, because it's very light. I'm pretty sure there's booze in the mix, too, because in the bottle it's light and sweet and alcoholic, like a specialty vanilla vodka, but on me it turns kinda sour, which is often what happens with booze blends. I'm sticking with using this as room spray!

Vanilla pumpkin, sprayed my honey with it and it smells amazing on him. :)Slight punpkin spices, and I really dig the vanilla used in this. Yum!!! Why can't this be for sale?!

This is impossibly yummy. Soft, light pumpkin that is not at all buttery, with vanilla musk. Sexy, sweet, satisfying. Please, please, please Puddin', please sell this separately!

wonderful wonderful scent. Like early autumn longings trapped in a little bottle. It soft and sweet, with pumpkin and vanilla. Neither are very heavy, nor overly sugary. Just sweet and simple with that hint fall.

I think that I like White Pumpkin Extrait more than anything else in the inquisition sets this year, including the perfume oils. It starts off smelling like the lab's traditional buttery pumpkin note, but quickly dries down to smelling like the perfect apple pie on me. It's like crisp, fresh, sweet apple and golden pie crust with hints of warm, buttery, sweet pumpkin and creamy vanilla tones. I don't know if this actually has any apple in it, but that's what it smells like on me - lovely and comforting apple pie. I'm tempted to buy another inquisition set just to get another sample size of this. :wub2:

On my skin, White Pumpkin Extrait is sweet and buttery, and different from how others are describing it. To me, it's a buttery pumpkin - not unwearably buttery, but buttery - layered with *white chocolate*. I am probably crazy, but that is what I smell. It's possible it's a very sweet vanilla. There may also be a light white musk note, but it's not prominent on me at all.

I like this, but don't love it - pumpkin and I have a funny relationship wherein I always want to love it and only sometimes do. I will probably pass it on to someone who will enjoy it more.

YUM! I do get a very buttery scent with this, but not to the cloying foodie level, just very rich, like a flaky, buttery pie crust. The pumpkin is more pie filling, less straight up gourd, with a delicious dessert vanilla. I get no spices from this. This is a going to bed wrapped up in a warm blanket scent if ever there was one. I love it.

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Something of a baked sweetness to it. Definitely more "pumpkin pie" than "fresh, raw pumpkin". Buttery. Vanilla. The smell is super strong, too (a lot more than all the other lab products i've tried so far...), delicious, amazing, if slightly overpowering.

WOW! I want this as a perfume oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buttery vanilla pumpkin and musk - I definitely get a hint of antique lace in there too. WOW. Amaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!

When I sprayed it, I thought, "creamy -- pumpkin, creamy pumpkin." And then I thought "hm, strong, too much" -- you only need one spray with this stuff, apparently (unlike commercial stuff where you always need at least two). I smell nummy, though. It's pumpkin with a bit of caramel cream and something that smells a lot like Antique Lace.

Yummy buttery pumpkin cookies! This is a foodie dream, and though I'm generally not a foodie, I still love it. And a little goes a loooong way. This is amazing, and since it's a new thing, I'll also say that I sprayed my inner elbow and forearm (just one little squirt is all it takes), and it seeped right into my skin and did not leave any residue at all, just beautiful fragrance. It would be a fabulous thing if BPAL or BPTP were to release popular oils in this form. I think they would be extremely popular.

I still can not believe that a friend GAVE this to me :wub:

it is SO good! I totally smell like white painted pumpkins now heehee!

it is super soft, almost like little cakes filled with pumpkin mash inside, ready to eat of my skin ;)

The perfect creamy and buttery (but not too buttery) balance of sweet pumpkin, vanilla and something nutty, possibly some honey in there too? The overall impression is a warm and creamy pumpkin custard-type thing--not quite creme brulee because there is no burnt sugar note, but defintiely pumpkin custard cream with nutty undertones. Of course since I don't have the gallons of this to spare that I wish I did :lol: I'm going to be really picky about when I wear it!

Yum!! Buttery BUTTERY vanilla pumpkin scent. Did I mention buttery? For a second, this smelled like straight up butter to me. Paula Deen would be all over this XD

Very sweet, creamy, buttery pumpkin. It's a nice change from a lot of the other pumpkin-y scents that are much darker/heavily spiced-not that those aren't delicious, but this is a great change of pace. It's more vanilla-y to me than pumpkin-y to be honest.

Overall, I like this quite a bit-I imagine it would have been HUGELY popular as an option to buy on its own. Super sweet vanilla and BUTTERY buttery pale pumpkin. Yum!

Puddin, I want to bathe in this stuff. Wow.

A lot of the lab's pumpkin blends go horribly wrong--cinnamon amping death wrong--so it was a shock how creamy and perfect this stuff is. Buttery, like everyone else says, but not the strong, pungent butter note that's in some other blends--this butter is just in the flaky crust of this pure, unspiced pumpkin pie. There's definitely a bit of vanilla and some white, light musks in there as well. Absolutely stunning. I've already found a 2nd bottle and am sorely tempted to get another inquisition just to end up with a third.

White Pumpkin Extrait - This initially smells like little more than the Lab's warm, buttery pumpkin note, but soon a creamy, vanillic scent comes through. I don't think "Antique Lace" at all like several others have noted. Rather, it smells like barely spiced, sweet pumpkin pie with tons and tons and tons of vanilla-laced whipping cream on top. It's a truly delicious scent, and it's a shame it's only available in such a small size and there aren't large bottles of it available. If there were, I'd buy one.

It's like everything delicious was crammed into this one little spritzer thing. I get mainly warm buttery spiced pumpkin, vanilla cream (there must be Bourbon vanilla in here somewhere) and some kind of toasted nuts, probably hazelnut and maybe almond and/or walnut as well. Probably white musk in here as well. Thankfully the spices in here stay toned down and it's really the vanilla and pumpkin that come through the most with a warm and toasty nutty backdrop.

Edited by Invidiana

I havent smelled this since I got it in Nov. because I"m not really a pumpkin fan. But I just tried some and it's pretty darn good! :) I'd say its heavy on vanilla, and I'm also getting something like.. pear maybe? and very light pumpkin. I like that its not a traditional "spiced pumpkin" scent.. I find it very wearable!

Was lucky enough to score some of this on ebay...

That said, WOW!!! I think it's may favorite of all the halloween scents!!! Creamy Vanilla Pumpkin but not too much of any one scent a little creamy yummy spice but not overwhelming cinnamon. It's hot out here today and this scent works well in the heat (Not just for fall)

I'd get several bottles if it came out in a perfume oil.

I hope the powers that be consider putting it on the menu....

Warm, buttery pumpkin that dries down to a sweet vanilla with hints of pumpkin, and touches of sweet clove.

I can see WHY so many people love this.

This is nice, in a sweet, foodie sort of way.

I am guessing, from reviews, that this originally was only available as a little goblin squirt? This was recently re-released on the Trading Post Etsy page with the option of being able to choose it in one of the following formats: perfume oil, atmosphere spray, or hair gloss. I opted for the perfume oil.

In the bottle: Sweet, fleshy pumpkin without spice accompanied by vanilla.

Wet: The pumpkin note is exactly like it was in the bottle, and it is the most prominent aspect of this scent. I don’t find it to be particularly buttery. At first, I was like, I don’t see where all of these mentions of pie are coming from? But after it has been sitting on my skin for a while, I do get this warmth to it that I could see being pie crust, and a vanilla cream note emerges.

Dry: The sweet pumpkin is still pretty strong, but the scent is a lot creamier now, thanks to the vanilla.

After a while, it ends up being a light pumpkin and vanilla musk scent. This is the phase of the scent I enjoy most… I just wish it were a little stronger.

Verdict: I like White Pumpkin Extrait, but I don’t love it. I think it’s because the vanilla in this isn’t as prominent on me, and it’s not my favorite pumpkin note. I prefer The Witches (another vanilla and pumpkin scent), but I think it’s nice to have a pumpkin scent that isn’t spiced. I’m going to let it age and retest it later, but at the moment, I am thinking it’s a bottle I will keep, but I’ll probably end up decanting from it.